Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any opinion on acetyl-L-carnitine for inflammation? I've read that it can help itching and burning scalp
Hey, how are you? No, haven't used L-carnitine. My inflammation have been under control for long time now and it hasn't been necessary to test other products. A friend of me is taking it, to increase memory, he said it has good effect for his mind. I think he takes a ala and carnitine combo.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey Alex, are you still using the egg white in your hair? thanks brother
5α-Reductase inhibitors like finasteride and dutasteride inhibit 5α-reductase type II and/or other isoforms and are able to decrease circulating DHT levels by 65 to 98% depending on the 5α-reductase inhibitor in question.[26][27][28][20] As such, similarly to the case of 5α-reductase type II deficiency, they provide useful insights in the elucidation of the biological functions of DHT.[29] 5α-Reductase inhibitors were developed and are used primarily for the treatment of BPH. The drugs are able to significantly reduce the size of the prostate gland and to alleviate symptoms of the condition.[14][30] Long-term treatment with 5α-reductase inhibitors is also able to significantly reduce the overall risk of prostate cancer, although a simultaneous small increase in the risk of certain high-grade tumors has been observed.[15] In addition to prostate diseases, 5α-reductase inhibitors have subsequently been developed and introduced for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men.[31] They are able to prevent further progression of hair loss in most men with the condition and to produce some recovery of hair in about two-thirds of men.[13] 5α-Reductase inhibitors seem to be less effective for pattern hair loss in women on the other hand, although they do still show some effectiveness.[32] Aside from pattern hair loss, the drugs are also useful in the treatment of hirsutism and can greatly reduce facial and body hair growth in women with the condition.[33][16]

5α-Reductase inhibitors are overall well-tolerated and show a low incidence of adverse effects.[34] Sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, and reduced ejaculate volume, may occur in 3.4 to 15.8% of men treated with finasteride or dutasteride.[34][35] A small increase in the risk of affective symptoms including depression, anxiety, and self-harm may be seen.[36][37][38] Both the sexual dysfunction and affective symptoms may be due partially or fully to prevention of the synthesis of neurosteroids like allopregnanolone rather necessarily than due to inhibition of DHT production.[36] A very small risk of gynecomastia has been associated with 5α-reductase inhibitors (1.2 to 3.5%).[34][39] Based on reports of 5α-reductase type II deficiency in males and the effectiveness of 5α-reductase inhibitors for hirsutism in women, reduced body and/or facial hair growth is a likely potential side effect of these drugs in men.[13][16] There are very few studies evaluating the side effects of 5α-reductase inhibitors in women. However, due to the known role of DHT in male sexual differentiation, 5α-reductase inhibitors may cause birth defects such as ambiguous genitalia in the male fetuses of pregnant women. As such, they are not used in women during pregnancy.[34]

MK-386 is a selective 5α-reductase type I inhibitor which was never marketed.[40] Whereas 5α-reductase type II inhibitors achieve much higher reductions in circulating DHT production, MK-386 decreases circulating DHT levels by 20 to 30%.[41] Conversely, it was found to decrease sebum DHT levels by 55% in men versus a modest reduction of only 15% for finasteride.[42][43] However, MK-386 failed to show significant effectiveness in a subsequent clinical study for the treatment of acne.[44]

Biological activity[edit]
DHT is a potent agonist of the AR, and is in fact the most potent known endogenous ligand of the receptor. It has an affinity (Kd) of 0.25 to 0.5 nM for the human AR, which is about 2- to 3-fold higher than that of testosterone (Kd = 0.4 to 1.0 nM)[45] and 15–30 times higher than that of adrenal androgens.[46] In addition, the dissociation rate of DHT from the AR is 5-fold slower than that of testosterone.[47] The EC50 of DHT for activation of the AR is 0.13 nM, which is about 5-fold stronger than that of testosterone (EC50 = 0.66 nM).[48] In bioassays, DHT has been found to be 2.5- to 10-fold more potent than testosterone.[45]

The elimination half-life of DHT in the body (53 minutes) is longer than that of testosterone (34 minutes), and this may account for some of the difference in their potency.[49] A study of transdermal DHT and testosterone treatment reported terminal half-lives of 2.83 hours and 1.29 hours, respectively.[50]

Unlike other androgens such as testosterone, DHT cannot be converted by the enzyme aromatase into an estrogen like estradiol. Therefore, it is frequently used in research settings to distinguish between the effects of testosterone caused by binding to the AR and those caused by testosterone's conversion to estradiol and subsequent binding to and activation of ERs.[51] Although DHT cannot be aromatized, it is still transformed into metabolites with significant ER affinity and activity. These are 3α-androstanediol and 3β-androstanediol, which are predominant agonists of the ERβ.[17]

Last edited:

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HI guys,

I was using minoxidil for 2 years without any success. I gave up on it because it brought only more shedding.

After reading this thread I decided to give it 3-4 months try with 3tubes of rogaine + dermaroller + perilla + anti-inflamatory diet and supplements . 5 weeks so far with no results on my head, however, I am getting more hairy on my chest.

Have you ever experienced that?

Is there a way to avoid that and to explain minoxidil to work on a body part where I apply it?:)

Why Perilla Oil and why an Anti Inflammatory Diet?

Considered Using a DHT Inhibitor?

Finasteride or an even stronger one is Dutasteride

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, yes I still do. It's important with consistency

Your before and after Pictures are Impressive it's hard to believe that all came from Dermarolling with Minoxidil + finasteride.

What's that "etc." you put in ur Regimen

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alex,
I have to use allergy medication bc if my allergies and also my itchy scalp. Do u think oral cetirizine helps in any way?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's that "etc." you put in ur Regimen
Diet, lifestyle, etc.. you may have notice how my skin quality has improved since 2008

Last edited:
Reaction score
First of all congrats Alex and kudos for all the time you are putting into sharing your techniques with the community. This is really great. I have started derma rolling a few weeks back and want to start being more serious about it and use it to the fullest potential - inspired by your success!
Here I have one question to you and the rest of the "Rollers" - If we are to follow Alex's method and apply minoxidil right after rolling - what about the warning that we should not let minoxidil getting into our system? Like everyone is warning about that, they say wait 24hrs etc etc... I know Alex says to roll lightly, but still, I am a little confused here. Thanks.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here I have one question to you and the rest of the "Rollers" - If we are to follow Alex's method and apply minoxidil right after rolling - what about the warning that we should not let minoxidil getting into our system? Like everyone is warning about that, they say wait 24hrs etc etc... I know Alex says to roll lightly, but still, I am a little confused here. Thanks.
Well I have been doing like this for 4 years now. And surprisingly I'm still alive, and even getting results from it. Like you mentioned I do it very lightly, if you check my youtube videos you can see that my scalp is just slightly red. That is how lightly I dermaroll. Also it’s really important to take day's off. I just made a Youtube video on how to avoid scalp become to dry, check it

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read his answer again! :)

Yeah still BS ... Perilla leaves didn't work, bad diet or no. And I doubt it really works. I hope selling his book works well.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have zero incetive to promote perilla. I'm even not from Finland lol.
I'm from Norway. End of discussion

I was not talking about perilla leaves lol but about a book you're selling. That's all.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm grateful for the positive comment, to anyone who wrote it :)

Attachments

• Book review.JPG
    Book review.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 581

Kitedude

Reaction score
Hi Alex,

Do you still use the Foligain foam?
I want to buy Foligain foam 5% but wanted to know if you still use it.

Hope to hear back From you.

Cheers