Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

INT

Reaction score
Reasons for applying foam and making foam liquid.
1) No alcohol
2) Dries superfast
3) No inching scalp like with liquid minoxidil
4) No dandruff or white flakes
5) By making foam to liquid it don't stick in hair and it's easy to apply in target areas
6) Foligain foam is just litle more expensive then liquid

Hi Alex,

Great idea! Btw I think you mean no PG, not no alcohol. Most minoxidil foams I know still have alcohol, just no longer the PG. Am I right?

INT

Reaction score
Do you maybe know if it is also possible to turn off the lid for the kirkland and rogaine foam? Thanks!

alecalma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Alex, yesterday i used your dermaroller 1.5mm for the first time.

1) I applied minoxidil right after rolling and it stung.
2) 24h later, my skin is still little red.
3) 15m after application, i could feel my heart rate was accelerated.

Do you think I pressed too much? I clearly got high absorption, maybe I am not the right person for this. I am also scared about some sides like growing hair in other parts of my body.

I bought the perilla capsules from verkkoaptekki, can't post link, what do you think about them?

Thanks a lot!

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you Aware that a Dermapen (cheaper Version:dermastamp) is much more effective than a roller?

If you looked into them can you share with me the reasons ur not Using them?

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my regrowth from dermaroller, and they are super cheap. Why change something that obviously gives results?

How about pressure? With dermaroller I can easily find right pressure to use on my scalp.

for better results

Mazaza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I haven't forgotten you nor given up on my routine. My phone crashed again and I had to reset it again... So I lost pictures of my hair again.

What I will do is the following:
  • Post pictures of how is my hair right now (after ~3-4 months on minoxidil everyday), in this thread, this week.
  • Put some more details about my experience (in a nutshell, I apply too much minoxidil, I probably dermaroll a bit too hard, my beard and body hair starting growing stronger because of minoxidil).
  • In two months I will post new pictures so we will be able to tell if I am losing ground, maintaining, or growing hair.
Update / remarks:
  • After discussing with a close friend of mine that is using propecia without side effects and maintaining, I am also considering to start that. But to do so I need to visit a hair doctor. I will call one this week.
  • I think the perilla leaves help at the very least with the itching: I forgot to take it for a couple of days and my scalp was starting to itch again...
  • Regarding results: I think I am growing new hair on my temples but they are vellus and sparse. Is it the expected pattern of 'regrow'?
Cheers,
Mazaza

Luke777

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI guys,

I was using minoxidil for 2 years without any success. I gave up on it because it brought only more shedding.

After reading this thread I decided to give it 3-4 months try with 3tubes of rogaine + dermaroller + perilla + anti-inflamatory diet and supplements . 5 weeks so far with no results on my head, however, I am getting more hairy on my chest.

Have you ever experienced that?

Is there a way to avoid that and to explain minoxidil to work on a body part where I apply it?:)

Mazaza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @Luke777, definitely. Getting hairier (hands, chest, beard mainly) is a side effect I am experiencing.

I don't know how to avoid that, but I assume it comes from the fact that I am using too much minoxidil (ranging between 2.5 mL and 4 mL). Perhaps you also are using too much? I am trying to use less but it is not that easy iven the fact that I have long-ish hair right now.

Cheers

gohanback

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I going to try this regime! Big believer in the inflammation story.
Are Perilla leaves the same as Shiso leaves? I cant find any Perilla leaves in my country but I can find Shiso leaves.
WikiPedia is not really clear about it, I think it is?

Keep up Telogen Effluvium good work!

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I going to try this regime! Big believer in the inflammation story.
Are Perilla leaves the same as Shiso leaves? I cant find any Perilla leaves in my country but I can find Shiso leaves.
WikiPedia is not really clear about it, I think it is?

Keep up Telogen Effluvium good work!

Shiso = perilla yes however, it didn't work for me ( still itching... ).

Mazaza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay. Here us my 4 months update with pics taken today!

Remarks on the pictures:
  • They show my loss of density on toop, my hairline, temples, and crown.
  • They were taken under a quite harsh white light (if you look at my hands you see that the light is quite strong).
  • I have some strange hair growing where I roll (hairline, sides and temples). They are very sparce, but quite thick... Is it a good sign?
  • There is also a picture of what my hair looks like normally.

My regimen for the past 4 months:
  • Minoxidil (lipogaine) 5% once per day, since the mid November. I missed maybe 3 days since I started.
  • Nizoral shampoo (Lipogaine's 'big 3' shampoo), twice a week. I am not washing my hair in between.
  • Light dermarolling (1.5mm) on the days I shampoo, since mid-December (I tried rolling early December but did it a bit too hard so I took ~10 days of break before trying again). I have not been rolling very regularly and forgot to do it quite often.
  • Supplements:
    • Perilla leave powder (allermin) since mid-January, one cap a day. It reduced some light psoriasis I had on my elbows, and I feel it makes my scalp itch less.
    • B-vitamin complex, one cap a day.
    • I initially started taking fish oil, but ran out of it since early January. And I haven't bought it again (sometimes I am THAT lazy...). I should restart taking it, at least for its numerous health benefits.
Side effects / remarks:
  • The only side effect I am experiencing is mild hypertrichosis, a bit everywhere on my body. I am applying at least 2 mL of minoxidil each time (long hair), and I guess that if I was applying less this effect would be reduced, or go away.
  • It takes me a long time to apply minoxidil. I need to train and/or cut my hair to makes things faster, otherwise I know I will be tempted to quit at some point in the future.

What I plan to do next:
  • I will try to dermaroll more often, if possible every day (with a day of break every now and then), to see if it improves the situation.
  • I have an appointment with a dermatologist next week. I'll see what the doctor say about my hair loss, and if they decide to prescribe finasteride I may consider starting it, probably at 0.5 mg every day.
  • I should buy supplements again. I am thinking about taking fish oil again and give a try to borage oil too.

Next update in one month.

Happy to answer any question.

Cheers,
Mazaza

Attachments

• mazaza_20180322_21065.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21065.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 711
  • mazaza_20180322_21064.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21064.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 776
  • mazaza_20180322_21074.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21074.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 658
  • mazaza_20180322_21085.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21085.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 744
  • mazaza_20180322_21083.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21083.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 692
  • mazaza_20180322_21043.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21043.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 658
  • mazaza_20180322_21084.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21084.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 654
  • mazaza_20180322_21062.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21062.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 773
  • mazaza_20180322_21060.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21060.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 674
  • mazaza_20180322_21045.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21045.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 704
  • mazaza_20180322_21054.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21054.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 685
  • mazaza_20180322_21072.jpg
    mazaza_20180322_21072.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 790
Last edited:

TheGoyimKnow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Just wanted to post some pictures of my progress. (I explained my success in an earlier reply to this thread)

Also wanted to address someone calling the shampoo I use (Pura D'or) a "sham".
It's worked incredibly well for me, giving me great results BEFORE I starting using minoxidil and dermarolling. It also helped my mother regrow her hair after intense cancer treatments. Read the reviews on Amazon if you don't believe me. Others have also had great success.

Anyways, I have been using Pura D'or shampoo AND conditioner daily now (https://www.amazon.com/PURA-DOR-Adv...&qid=1521878672&sr=1-6&keywords=pura+dor+gold) for about 8 months. I added Somebody's protocol about 3 months after that. So in total I've only been using minoxidil and dermarolling daily for the last 4-5 months now.

The first picture is my hair 3-4 years ago. Literally could grow a huge, thick afro. (High School) Never once did the thought of losing my hair even cross my mind. Probably why I started to freak out when I was losing so much hair in the shower.

Picture two is my all-time worst. Right before I started using the shampoo, or doing anything for that matter. I was receding and losing hair so quickly that I literally wanted to die. My thick curly hair was pretty much the only characteristic I liked about myself.

Unfortunately I do not have a before photo of the crown of my head, as it was so bad I didn't even want to photograph it. Picture 3 of my crown however is about 3 months into using the shampoo. It was about twice as bare and similar to Picture 2 before I started doing anything.

Picture 4 is 5 months into treatment, looking much better!

Pictures 5 and 6 were taken about 10 minutes ago :)

I am so incredibly pleased with my results so far. Like I mentioned in my previous post- I have tons of blonde baby hairs coming back in still. I am hoping to achieve the impossible- what Somebody did. Almost complete regrowth.

Will continue to update in the future!

Cheers

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 700
  • image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 719
  • image333.png
    image333.png
    710.4 KB · Views: 710
  • image11.png
    image11.png
    773.1 KB · Views: 716
  • image55.jpeg
    image55.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 717
  • image22.jpeg
    image22.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little question, i've been using my dermaroller for more than 2 month now and i wanted to know how long can i keep it before using a new one.
I wash mine after every use and the needles still looks good to me.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your progress is insane, among the best i've seen. Like most have said, it's very interesting how you dermaroll almost daily... this doesn't look to healthy to be honest, there's not enough time for the wounds to heal as far as I know? yet, I can't deny these pictures, assuming they are real. It seems to be working.
Have you looked at dermastamp devices? they are clearly superior, specially on how if you have long hair they will not get stuck on the roller, also they are more precise, rollers wound too much due the angled movement.

I would be interested at seeing your hormonal levels. Have you checked them out after so many years of finasteride daily usage? namely, DHT, test levels, estrogen levels, thyroid levels... would be very informative to see how hormones look on a guy that had such awesome success.

Little question, i've been using my dermaroller for more than 2 month now and i wanted to know how long can i keep it before using a new one.
I wash mine after every use and the needles still looks good to me.

Do you dermaroll daily too? I think that's insane, but it seems to be working for this guy..

Last edited:

TheGoyimKnow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your progress is insane, among the best i've seen. Like most have said, it's very interesting how you dermaroll almost daily... this doesn't look to healthy to be honest, there's not enough time for the wounds to heal as far as I know? yet, I can't deny these pictures, assuming they are real. It seems to be working.
Have you looked at dermastamp devices? they are clearly superior, specially on how if you have long hair they will not get stuck on the roller, also they are more precise, rollers wound too much due the angled movement.

I would be interested at seeing your hormonal levels. Have you checked them out after so many years of finasteride daily usage? namely, DHT, test levels, estrogen levels, thyroid levels... would be very informative to see how hormones look on a guy that had such awesome success.

Do you dermaroll daily too? I think that's insane, but it seems to be working for this guy..

(Not sure if you're replying to me but I think you are, haha)

The pictures are very real. As much fun as it would be to go around trolling people on a hair loss forum ;)

I have not looked into the stamp- first I've heard of it actually. My scalp really does't have an issue with the dermaroller at all, honestly. I roll it a lot and fairly firm, too. Until the area is red.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I opted NOT to EVER use Finasteride. I will never touch the stuff, will never take the chance of screwing up my Testosterone.

Here is my exact routine:

Shower morning, apply Pura d'or shampoo, massage into scalp, leave in for 3-5 mins, rinse. Apply conditioner, massage into scalp, leave in 3-5 mins, rinse.
1 Pirella leaf capsule daily
At night is when I dermaroll and apply/massage in Rogaine FOAM. I have tried the liquid, my scalp didn't like it.

And that's it! Never done the big 3, never messed around with meds, just natural shampoo and conditioner, the pirella capsules and rogaine foam.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
(Not sure if you're replying to me but I think you are, haha)

The pictures are very real. As much fun as it would be to go around trolling people on a hair loss forum ;)

I have not looked into the stamp- first I've heard of it actually. My scalp really does't have an issue with the dermaroller at all, honestly. I roll it a lot and fairly firm, too. Until the area is red.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I opted NOT to EVER use Finasteride. I will never touch the stuff, will never take the chance of screwing up my Testosterone.

Here is my exact routine:

Shower morning, apply Pura d'or shampoo, massage into scalp, leave in for 3-5 mins, rinse. Apply conditioner, massage into scalp, leave in 3-5 mins, rinse.
1 Pirella leaf capsule daily
At night is when I dermaroll and apply/massage in Rogaine FOAM. I have tried the liquid, my scalp didn't like it.

And that's it! Never done the big 3, never messed around with meds, just natural shampoo and conditioner, the pirella capsules and rogaine foam.

I was talking about Somebody's progress. Without lowering androgens in your head it's impossible to keep your hair safe, if you aren't just frauding to get clicks on that refered amazon link and the pics are real, you will lose what you have eventually without lowering scalp DHT which is obviously the number one issue with baldos, given the evidence we have thus far.

Edit: Wait, so it looks like I was wrong and Somebody is using 1.5mm dermarolling daily...

How red and sore does your scalp get before you stop rolling and apply the minoxidil?
- Just slightly red, no bleeding. I use roller very lightly, size I have been using is 1.5 mm since 2013. I tried for few months 0,5 mm, but felt I got better results from 1.5 mm

Can someone explain how is that even possible? his scalp should be fucked up. If he isn't a scam, these pics don't lie. How can he sustain such damage on the scalp?

Last edited:

TheGoyimKnow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about Somebody's progress. Without lowering androgens in your head it's impossible to keep your hair safe, if you aren't just frauding to get clicks on that refered amazon link and the pics are real, you will lose what you have eventually without lowering scalp DHT which is obviously the number one issue with baldos, given the evidence we have thus far.

Edit: Wait, so it looks like I was wrong and Somebody is using 1.5mm dermarolling daily...

Can someone explain how is that even possible? his scalp should be fucked up. If he isn't a scam, these pics don't lie. How can he sustain such damage on the scalp?

I only provided the link to the shampoo and conditioner so the ones here calling it a fraud could read other people's reviews. Nah- I won't be losing any of my regrowth. Haven't shed at all in 8 months in fact. Only more hair growing in each day. You are also assuming I have low DHT, which you'd be wrong again. I would suggest not assuming everyone has the same hormone levels here, when you clearly have no idea.

Yes, wrong a third time. Somebody has been dermarolling daily with a 1.5mm for the past 5 years, and I with it the past 6 months. Do you really think we would intentionally f*** our scalp up day after day? He clearly isn't a scam....he has provided countless pictures....

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I only provided the link to the shampoo and conditioner so the ones here calling it a fraud could read other people's reviews. Nah- I won't be losing any of my regrowth. Haven't shed at all in 8 months in fact. Only more hair growing in each day. You are also assuming I have low DHT, which you'd be wrong again. I would suggest not assuming everyone has the same hormone levels here, when you clearly have no idea.

Yes, wrong a third time. Somebody has been dermarolling daily with a 1.5mm for the past 5 years, and I with it the past 6 months. Do you really think we would intentionally f*** our scalp up day after day? He clearly isn't a scam....he has provided countless pictures....

You aren't going to keep your hair without addressing the DHT issue, assuming you have Androgenetic Alopecia.

Dermarolling 1.5mm daily seems nuts to me, there's not enough time to heal.