Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

kana-sucre

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I bought Perilla leaves yesterday, I will let it dry for a week or so, and then try to make powder out of it. Hope it can help. Thanks for your advice!!

kana-sucre

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have already been using Minoxidil once a day in the evening for 2 years.

Just a question, for how long do you let the leaves dry?

Thanks again

Saltysalt

Reaction score
I live in asia, so leaves dry very fast max 3 days, also helping that aircon is just outside and hot air blows all day. That said, you can make tea (strong) of freash leaves and drink it each day. From my experince dry option is better.
Do you have any pictures with your current hairline pulled back?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures with your current hairline pulled back?

Picture I just take after shower, without gel, minoxidil, etc. Just dry hair. My hair line was much better a year ago, if have time I will upload that picture.

Attachments

• hairline now.png
    hairline now.png
    699.5 KB · Views: 6,149

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow still amazed by your temple regrowth . this is mainly the minoxidil dermaroller thing ?
i still don't understand why you didnt get result your first minoxidil try , then get those amazing result . did the regrow at the temple started as tiny vellu hair?

Saltysalt

Reaction score
Picture I just take after shower, without gel, minoxidil, etc. Just dry hair. My hair line was much better a year ago, if have time I will upload that picture.
Yea I'd like to know too. This is amazing. You've given me so much hope, which is why I want to know EXACTLY what you did and how you did it.

Saltysalt

Reaction score
wow still amazed by your temple regrowth . this is mainly the minoxidil dermaroller thing ?
i still don't understand why you didnt get result your first minoxidil try , then get those amazing result . did the regrow at the temple started as tiny vellu hair?
I want to know this as well

Saltysalt

Reaction score
Yes. (And mostlikely also perilla leaves helped).

I didn't think over it at that time. I was busy working long hours, 6 days a week. I just exidentely come over dermaroller study and decided to give it a try. Becouse of working I didn't take any pictures and also did not notice that I was getting new hair. But what I did notice was easier to style my hair in morning at that time.
Did you ever get any sexual side effects on propecia? When did they go away?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you ever get any sexual side effects on propecia? When did they go away?
No, I didn't get any sexual side effects. That said, I once tried Dutasteride for almost 2 months and it did give me side effects. With very low sex drive, etc. But propecia has been safe for me after 8 years of use.

Last edited:

Saltysalt

Reaction score
No, I didn't get any sexual side effects. That said I use just 0.5 mg a day since 2008. (Maybe it also helping that I take zinc everyday) That said, I once tried Dutasteride for almost 2 months and it did give me side effects. With very low sex drive, etc. But propecia has been safe for me after 8 years of use.
Sorry to keep bothering you for info, but do you have any more pictures of your hair before you started any treatment?

Saltysalt

Reaction score
No, I didn't get any sexual side effects. That said I use just 0.5 mg a day since 2008. (Maybe it also helping that I take zinc everyday) That said, I once tried Dutasteride for almost 2 months and it did give me side effects. With very low sex drive, etc. But propecia has been safe for me after 8 years of use.
And also you said your hair has gotten a bit worse compared to last year? Can you expand on that?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to keep bothering you for info, but do you have any more pictures of your hair before you started any treatment
When my hair looked like sh*t, last ting I was willing to do was to take pictures at that time. Going from attractive male to opposite direction hit me really hard. At that time I was just in my early 20's. That said I will take a look in my old hd, I think I may have some old pictures from late 2006 and early 2007. But worst point for me was in midle of 2008.

Last edited:

Saltysalt

Reaction score
If you read my early post, I talked about swiching from liquide to foam. After 3 year of liquide minoxidil use, my skin cold not take it anymore. Liquide minoxidil was working great, but scalp could not handle it. With foam my scalp feels great.

When my hair looked like sh*t, last ting I was willing to do was to take pictures at that time. Going from attractive male to opposite direction hit me really hard. At that time I was just in my early 20's. That said I will take a look in my old hd, I think I may have some old pictures from late 2006 and early 2007. But worst point for me was in midle of 2008.
Alright, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Somebody, glad you still posting. Just a tip for everyone trying this regime - remember that everyone's scalp is different. I also am taking the supplements, perilla (love the taste), and dermarolling and enjoying the process. Hair + scalp feel good. My scalp, however, did NOT like when I immediately applied minoxidil right after dermarolling with 1mm (I actually use the stamp and lightly stamp 5 times on each spot of the head as I have long hair - feels nice and no problems, just slight reddish as recommended in this thread). Point is, trying minoxidil directly after rolling for me, after two weeks my body was pretty quick to let me know "hey, don't do this" - my skin was breaking out on my forehead/drying up, few random irritations on the scalp, and my white scalp flakes returned likely from too much minoxidil absorption (I have a very sensitive scalp as I have described in a previous thread dealing with minoxidil). And yes, I am sure to keep my dermastamp squeaky clean, so it was not from that. Once I stopped applying directly after, giving it over an hour or longer for the pores to close up, hair + scalp feels and looks fine. I have only been dermarolling for about 4 weeks now, and only on perilla for about a week, but will post updates after enough time has passed. So, just a friendly reminder that if your scalp begins to feel irritated, space out applications a little more if you need to as everyone is different.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a tip for everyone trying this regime - remember that everyone's scalp is different.
Agree, find out what works for you.

Attachments

• 20161119_180540.jpg
    20161119_180540.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 3,392
Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Somebody, where do you apply your minoxidil? Just all over the scalp?

I'm also going to try dermarolling everyday lightly instead of once a week.

kana-sucre

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been experiencing huge shedding since I started perilla leaves 10 days ago (One tea spoon of dry leaves a day), is it normal? Anyone else experienced it?

Saltysalt

Reaction score
Yes. (And mostlikely also perilla leaves helped).

I didn't think over it at that time. I was busy working long hours, 6 days a week. I just exidentely come over dermaroller study and decided to give it a try. Becouse of working I didn't take any pictures and also did not notice that I was getting new hair. But what I did notice was easier to style my hair in morning at that time.
What do your temples look like close up now?

Saltysalt

Reaction score
From today, and temples are getting better. I think in 3 months it will be as good as in 2015. I will post 3 months update.

"How do you dry the leaves? I'm stupid and can't figure it out" Just buy a fan.
Looks good. I'm just worried that I may be seeing your temples as better than they actually are because of your hairstyle or something.