Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
What is strange that the best regrowth occurred after min + dermarolling :)... His hair looked good on propercia anyways, but that improvement after adding Min is incredible. There is no need for a hair transplant at all. A lot of people improve on the Big 3, but still need to get temples fixed or the frontal 3rd, just like I do.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not a normal result. Very rarely you will see a recovery like this, Raz had similarly amazing recovery from NW4 to NW1. Most NW4s will not see a result like this. It's nice to have hope, but most people should not expect this kind of result from just finasteride, minoxidil and supplements.

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree that you should never expect these kind of results, but hope is much healthier than stress or anxiety. I think the biggest thing to take away here is the possibility that if Somebody responded this well to very light, daily use of dermarolling and minoxidil, this is a new enough addition people can try adding to their treatment to hope for better results.

Additionally, I think this thread touches on another great point - it's not just the hair products, but diet, supplements and lifestyle DO have an effect, though I believe it varies widely from person to person. I think it is easy to forget - if your goal of growing hair is to look younger and healthier, diet and exercise are absolutely critical to the overall goal.

Last edited:

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia 0,5 mg from oct 2008
Propecia 0,5 mg + Roagaine liquid x1 2009-2010
Propeica 0,5 mg + Nizarol 2011-2013
Propecia 0,5 mg + Revita 2013+ Rogaine x1 (liquid untill dec 2015)+ dermaroller 1,5 mm
Now: Propecia 0,5 mg + Revita 2014+ Rogaine foam x 1 2016 + dermaroller 1,5 mm
Supplements: Biotin 5000 mg since 2013 after seeing how well a women in familly responded to it, R+ALA taking it since 2008, Krill taking it since 2009, vit C 1000mg since 2009, Borage oil since 2012 and Lysine 500 mg since 2008

Most hair grow I got after 2013 when I started with Rogaine liquid + Dermaroller (has definitely helped a lot) and Revita in May 2016. Not sure how much Revita has been helping, but its good shampoo, so I keep using it. Propecia was great in begning (2008), but it reached its full potential around beging of 2011. I have tried in past to increse dose to 1 mg, over few months but I didn't make any difference, so I got back to 0,5 mg. (Have tried Avodart for two months in 2011, but had side effects so I got back to propecia).
In january 2016 I swiched to Rogaine Foam. So far, the results of foam have been disappointing, but can no longer use liquid due to irritation and dandruff.
My hairloss started just when I turned 18, I did not take any action before I was 25 year. Almost 7 year after. Back then my hair loss was very agressive. I most hated back then how my balding was always conversation topic among friends and colleague. Funny ting now is that I have more hair now, then everyone of them... Anyway, I will check forum end of next week, have any question post below and I will repond later.

Hey bro which dermaroller do you use and where can I buy it?

rebuv

Reaction score
Nice results , but .... well i wouldn't lie this looks like to good to be true cuz i don't believe u can regrow the hair from Norwood 3 to nw1 ( or maybe 1.5)..
I don't like to be a douche , but this looks like a nice hair piece .
GL either way :)

evain

Reaction score
So the hair gains are probably not by wounding, but by increased minoxidil absorption.
Not pushing to hard with a 1.5 dermaroller and no bleeding, so the needles are problably penetrating the skin at 0.5.
In any case congrats man, nice to see such a marvellous result.:)

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results , but .... well i wouldn't lie this looks like to good to be true cuz i don't believe u can regrow the hair from Norwood 3 to nw1 ( or maybe 1.5)..
I don't like to be a douche , but this looks like a nice hair piece .
GL either way :)

What? You can literally see his hairline grow forward and his temples fill in slowly over time throughout the pictures. If he was wearing a piece, why would he bother taking the time to post pictures, write out his treatment, and help people by answering questions? Makes no sense.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This will most likely be my last post

Much of the biological role of DHT has been elucidated in studies of individuals with congenital 5α-reductase type II deficiency, an intersex condition caused by a loss-of-functionmutation in the gene encoding 5α-reductase type II, the major enzyme responsible for the production of DHT in the body.[13][19][2] It is characterized by a defective and non-functional 5α-reductase type II enzyme and a partial but majority loss of DHT production in the body.[13][19] In the condition, circulating testosterone levels are within or slightly above the normal male range, but DHT levels are low (around 30% of normal),[20][better source needed] and the ratio of circulating testosterone to DHT is greatly elevated (at about 3.5 to 5 times higher than normal).[13]

Genetic males (46,XY) with 5α-reductase type II deficiency are born with undervirilization including pseudohermaphroditism (ambiguous genitalia), pseudovaginal perineoscrotal hypospadias, and usually undescended testes. Their external genitalia are female-like, with micropenis (a small, clitoris-like phallus), a partially unfused, labia-like scrotum, and a blind-ending, shallow vaginal pouch.[13] Due to their lack of conspicuous male genitalia, genetic males with the condition are typically raised as girls.[19] At the time of pubertyhowever, they develop striking phenotypically masculine secondary sexual characteristics including partial virilization of the genitals (enlargement of the phallus into a near-functional penis and descent of the testes), voice deepening, typical male musculoskeletal development,[12] and no menstruation, breast development, or other signs of feminization that occur during female puberty.[13][19][2] In addition, normal libido and spontaneous erections develop,[21] they usually show a sexual preference for females, and almost all develop a male gender identity.[13][22]

Nonetheless, males with 5α-reductase type II deficiency exhibit signs of continued undervirilization in a number of domains. Facial hair was absent or sparse in a relatively large group of Dominican males with the condition, known as the Güevedoces. However, more facial hair has been observed in patients with the disorder from other parts of the world, although facial hair was still reduced relative to that of other men in the same communities. The divergent findings may reflect racial differences in androgen-dependent hair growth. A female pattern of androgenic hair growth, with terminal hair largely restricted to the axillae and lower pubic triangle, is observed in males with the condition. No temporal recession of the hairline or androgenic alopecia (pattern hair loss or baldness) has been observed in any of the cases of 5α-reductase type II deficiency that have been reported, whereas this is normally seen to some degree in almost all Caucasian males.[13] Individuals with 5α-reductase type II deficiency were initially reported to have no incidence of acne,[8][2] but subsequent research indicated normal sebum secretion and acne incidence.[12]

In genetic males with 5α-reductase type II deficiency, the prostate gland is rudimentary or absent, and if present, remains small, underdeveloped, and unpalpable throughout life.[8][4]In addition, neither BPH nor prostate cancer have been reported in these individuals.[14] Genetic males with the condition generally show oligozoospermia due to undescended testes, but spermatogenesis is reported to be normal in those with testes that have descended, and there are case instances of men with the condition successfully fathering children.[21][23]

Unlike males, genetic females with 5α-reductase type II deficiency are phenotypically normal. However, similarly to genetic males with the condition, they show reduced body hair growth, including an absence of hair on the arms and legs, slightly decreased axillary hair, and moderately decreased pubic hair.[24][21] On the other hand, sebum production is normal.[24][25] This is in accordance with the fact that sebum secretion appears to be entirely under the control of 5α-reductase type I.[25] (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone)

Last edited:

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
About dermaroller, I really liked the first one I was using, it was really great for short hair, one I use now is okey and works good for longer hair.
I think that it's really important to stick with your regime, stay positive and have a clear vision on how you want your hair look like. That's it. Good luck and I wish you all can achieve your hair goals.

Hey where I can buy those dermarollers you mentioned? Or what are they called, which brand, company, model, etc?

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey where I can buy those dermarollers you mentioned? Or what are they called, which brand, company, model, etc?

Amazon bro, doesn't really matter which brand. Although a lot of people say the dermapen is the best, but of course it's also the most expensive

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
I have always been buying dermarollers on ebay, price around 10 USD. But remember to disinfect after each use! I have used regular liquor filled into small spray bottle. Water is not enough, if one does not disinfect dermaroller after each use its easy to get inflammation. I had issues with it back in 2013. Don't do same mistake.

I read you use the 1.5mm, I'm afraid I will hurt myself or bleed, do you think 0.5 mm would be good to start with? Many websites say 0.5mm is the longest that should be used for hair loss.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi OP,

Congratulations on your great results.

I wanted to ask you, do you ever think about 10, 20 years from now and if you will still be on the big 3? Basically, do you see yourself taking these for the rest of your life and if so, does that trouble you at all?

Secondly, do your family, friends, girlfriend know about your hair regime? Do you discuss it with them? It must be tricky to hide minoxidil or even finasteride from those you live with?

Lastly, if hair cloning/replication/unlimited hair transplants were to become a reality one day, would you stay on your regime of finasteride and minoxidil?

Saltysalt

Reaction score
My previous posts have been lost. Basic point was benifits of using perilla leaves for fighting hair loss. Perilla is used a lot in Asian dishes, so in western countries, one should be able to buy it at asian local market. Someone was asking about perilla oil, from my experince its not the same. Perilla oil is made from seed, not from leaves. For best results use it togheter with minoxidil and propecia. I buy leaves in market and than dry them for few days, and make powder, and rest use as tea.
What do you do with the powder? Your regrowth is the best I have ever seen. You didn't get any transplants at all?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I upload a photo taken one week ago from my travel. And my hair in place, where they should be.

Attachments

• 1323123314.png
    1323123314.png
    574 KB · Views: 5,320
Last edited:

Saltysalt

Reaction score
Sorry for late respons, anyway "What do you do with the powder?" I drink it. Perilla leavs tast okey. I drink half tea spoon of powder " you didn't get any transplants at all?" No, seriously transpalants where never a option.
I have been checking for 6 months what happens without perilla and my hair loss increased again. (I still was using minoxidil, propecia 0.5mg and other supplyments) So perilla is very importent. Give it a try it for a month. Perilla is inexpencive and have many other benifits as well. I upload a photo taken one week ago from my travel. And my hair in place, where they should be.
Please tell me what your main regrowth from Dermarolling +minoxidil looked like, and how long did it take to appear and then grow.

Saltysalt

Reaction score
Hello,

I have disaided to write some lines about my progress with hair grow, after treatment, that I have startet on about 7 month's ago maybe some more. First of all thanks for all inspiration from all of you, it's good to know that I'm not only one out there. My hair losse started obout when I was 19, and now I am 25 year's old. Some you all can see I was real f***'t up from first picturs, and also was giving up, my confidence at that time was zero that for sure. So in last dessperation I started to read a lot of stuff, and also se from this support forum, that it was still some hope left for me!
Because of some work to do I havn't got so much time left, but if there is some intrest out there, let my now, and I will write some more when I have some more time aveable.

So, thanks a lot all of you !
So the first and third pictures are from before treatment, and the second one is after your regrowth?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the first and third pictures are from before treatment, and the second one is after your regrowth?
Yes. My first regrow back in 2009, that I got from propecia and some supplements

Last edited:

Saltysalt

Reaction score
Yes. My first regrow back in 2009, that I got from propecia and some supplements. (Check previous posts)
Yes, there is a timeline of my progress in some earlyer posts. Around 5 months and after improvement just continued for few years. I think I had got full re-grow, if not for issues with liquide minoxidil (inching, redness, skin issues) and that I run out of perilla pils (I was using perlla for allergical reasons).

So finally summery of my treatment: propecia 0,5 mg+minoxidil 1,5 ml once a day+with dermaroller 1,5 mm every day (lightly), spoon of perilla leaves once a day (important, and there are studies that support my view on perilla), buy some decent shampoo (Folligain or revita) and take supplements like biotin, omega, ala etc.
How much pain do you feel when dermarolling? I ordered a 1.5 mm one, but I have a 1mm one, and if I roll it lightly, no redness occurs, but you said there should be some redness.