Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Comparing those two pictures I don't see myself as same person anymore. Only similarity is that shirt. And even that shirt looks at me x 100 better now than back in 2008. Regrowing hair was really life changing. If I haven't done it I would most likely being living a mediocre and boring life. And slowly losing those few hair I still had left at that time.
Lesson from my hair loss experience is that everything is possible one just needs to keep tackling on it long enough.
You can see the difference in your demeanour in the photos. You look quite down in the old photos. A point that you made on this thread or maybe your videos is that even if we don't have success at least giving it our best shot can help us to feel better. The process of trying as hard as we can to save our hair. At least afterwards we can know that we did our best and not have regrets.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guys ive been doing dermarolling for 3 weeks and now i shed a lot of tiny hairs is this normal or somethings wrong ??

Last edited:

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Picture taken before I got my hair cut.

Attachments

• 20180711.JPG
    20180711.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,320
Last edited:

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking Propeica daily for 10 years now. 10 years is long time and I almost feel like veteran.. I took my first pil in October 2008! Good regrow two first years. Without doubt propecia has also helped to keep my hair until now. After all those years zero side effects. Propecia for me was lifesafer at that time. Things would have been so much different if I didn't have courage to take it at that time. Common question I get a lot is about side effects of finasteride. For me it has been none of them. As you can see my body is fit and lean. Energy levels are at the top. Of course I have heatle lifestyle and good diet and it may help. I think propecia has even helped with anti aging as my skin age very slowly compared to all my friends and relatives that are at my age group.
P.S Picture taken before I got my hair cut.
Thanks Alex. It's very interesting to hear from someone who's had good success over a prolonged period. That way at least if we are responders we can know what to expect maybe. I know you've been on minoxidil since 2013. So despite what people say we can have enduring success. As per your case, maybe the derma-rolling made all the difference in terms of absorption as well as the factors you've mentioned about getting rid of inflammation.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I retract my former statement that minoxidil 10 is not good.

It's awesome. My entire crown is responding and recovering back. I changed my current regimen to minoxidil 10 on hairline and crown with derma rolling every other day to reduce over-absorption of minoxidil 10.

It is definitely twice as better as minoxidil alone.

Pictures on my thread coming on November 1st which will make it 4 months on minoxidil 10 on worst areas and minoxidil 5 on rest of the top scalp.

Very excited about the future.

What do you mean minoxidil 10? just regular minoxidil at 10% dose?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been taking Propeica daily for 10 years now. 10 years is long time and I almost feel like veteran.. I took my first pil in October 2008! Good regrow two first years. Without doubt propecia has also helped to keep my hair until now. After all those years zero side effects. Propecia for me was lifesafer at that time. Things would have been so much different if I didn't have courage to take it at that time. Common question I get a lot is about side effects of finasteride. For me it has been none of them. As you can see my body is fit and lean. Energy levels are at the top. Of course I have heatle lifestyle and good diet and it may help. I think propecia has even helped with anti aging as my skin age very slowly compared to all my friends and relatives that are at my age group.
P.S Picture taken before I got my hair cut.

The best you could do for us is a proper bloodwork, hormonal panel etc, to show how someone that took the pill for 10 years with no sides looks like inside, this would be very valuable. Please do it as soon as possible. Im in france and its very easy to get these analysis, I understand you may have problems in thailand but you need to get it done.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best you could do for us is a proper bloodwork, hormonal panel etc, to show how someone that took the pill for 10 years with no sides looks like inside, this would be very valuable. Please do it as soon as possible. Im in france and its very easy to get these analysis, I understand you may have problems in thailand but you need to get it done.
Ok, I can take them by second week of October. Can you specify which of the tests I should focus on and have the most value in relation to info?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you ever fall below baseline for a while when using just finasteride? im starting to get diffused thinning on the top of my head that wasn't there when i started finasteride back in january, i just ordered 30 dutasteride, no point in buying more until i see what im like side effects wise. But if i can stick with just finasteride i will be happy. Any thoughts?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you ever fall below baseline for a while when using just finasteride?
Yes, in 2011 but that was because of infammation. After I couldn't reach some level as before.

m starting to get diffused thinning on the top of my head that wasn't there when i started finasteride back in january,
Can it be something else then DHT?

i just ordered 30 dutasteride, no point in buying more until i see what im like side effects wise. But if i can stick with just finasteride i will be happy. Any thoughts?
If you haven't had sides from finasteride then it's less likely there will be any from dutasteride.

koolaidshade

Reaction score
Alex,

Do you ever get scalp dryness from the combination of microneedling and minoxidil? I don't really get dryness often from minoxidil alone, but when i microneedle it seems to increase the amount of minoxidil solution i absorb and i think that makes my scalp drier than usual to the point im getting flakes. On the days when I skip microneedling before applying minoxidil, and just apply minoxidil by itself, I dont get flakes.

Also, what do you think about dutasteride affecting the liver? There are some studies, some with a small (12) sample size, that shows that dutasteride but not finasteride can increase risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and decreased insulin sensitivity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28632494
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4701851/

TheGoyimKnow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright gents.

I've been pretty shitty at keeping track of how long I've been doing this and taking photos, but I'll give it my best go:

Started dermarolling with Minoxidil about 11 months ago. I also added a shampoo and conditioner called "Purador", which was supossed to help with thinning and stuff. After 9 months of using it daily, I really do not think it did much. I did however dermaroll and use minoxidil every day.

I have had ZERO issues with dermarolling daily, and I even do it longer and apply a little more pressure. I make sure my scalp is pretty red and then apply 5% rogaine foam.

The last few years I've noticed my hair loss, I've also had an extremely unhealthy scalp. Dry and flaky, VERY itchy, would even bleed sometimes. I am a firm believer that this is what caused my hair to fall out. I have great genetics, my grandfather still has a full head of hair at 85.

I've now got that under control thanks to a better diet, pirella tablets, tea tree oil, and apple cider vinegar. (I kind of rotate my usage on the last 2, but have been taking the pirella leaf tablets pretty consistently the last 6 months or so)

I opted NOT to take propecia, even in low dosages as Alex does. Will not budge on that.

The progress has been pretty slow, but in just 11 months I have GREATLY improved my hair! I have experienced some pretty good regrowth, and when I look into a magnified mirror I can see lots and lots of small blonde hairs, some a little larger and turning into brown hair.

First 3 photos are from before I started, Next 3 photos are 5 months in, and the last 3 photos were taken several minutes ago. I am growing my hair out again.

Again, not amazing results like Alex, but I am seeing a slow but sure regrowth, and will keep this up for the long run.

Attachments

• IMG_2120 copy.png
    IMG_2120 copy.png
    512.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 883
  • IMG_2118.PNG
    IMG_2118.PNG
    726 KB · Views: 942
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 885
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_2125.PNG
    IMG_2125.PNG
    763.7 KB · Views: 1,068
  • IMG_2105 copy.jpg
    IMG_2105 copy.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_2109.JPG
    IMG_2109.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_2111.jpg
    IMG_2111.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 952

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you ever get scalp dryness from the combination of microneedling and minoxidil?
Yes. Once every 4-5 months I apply argan oil it helps. I think I made a youtube video about it https://www.youtube.com/somebodyalex but don't remember which one was it

Also, what do you think which one was it about dutasteride affecting the liver?
My experience with Avodart is to short to say anything about it. But my doctor at that time mentioned it as possible side. I was on Avodart for 2 months.

Again, not amazing results like Alex, but I am seeing a slow but sure regrowth, and will keep this up for the long run.
I think adding some kind of anti androgen would also help to get better regrow.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Once every 4-5 months I apply argan oil it helps. I think I made a youtube video about it https://www.youtube.com/somebodyalex but don't remember which one was it

My experience with Avodart is to short to say anything about it. But my doctor at that time mentioned it as possible side. I was on Avodart for 2 months.

Alex, can you specify on how to tackle inflammation? Which vitimins do you use specifically for this please?

tentitan

Reaction score
great stuff Alex.

I saw a few videos where you mention you prefer the brand name propecia for more consistent doses, as opposed to the 5mg generic.

What about the 1mg generic? Should be much easier to get a consistent 0.5 dose from that-or do you believe the generics themselves are inferior in effectiveness? Only asking because the brand name propecia is quite expensive.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great stuff Alex.

I saw a few videos where you mention you prefer the brand name propecia for more consistent doses, as opposed to the 5mg generic.

What about the 1mg generic? Should be much easier to get a consistent 0.5 dose from that-or do you believe the generics themselves are inferior in effectiveness? Only asking because the brand name propecia is quite expensive.
Yes, 1 mg should be fine or jsut crash proscar pill. What has worked best for me is to take same amount without variation.

Just started reading it...:cool:
Nice :)

Alex, can you specify on how to tackle inflammation? Which vitimins do you use specifically for this please?
Depends on type of inflammation. If internal perilla is best. Other options turmeric, omega 3, borage oil etc...

TheGoyimKnow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Alex, I've been reading a bit about taking propecia in a liquid form? How is this done? And will it make it so you don't have the possibility of potentially losing your manhood? I really don't want to risk it...but taking it as a liquid intrigues me if I can completely avoid the side effects.