Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics) | Page 45 | HairLossTalk Forums

Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Somebody, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Mazaza

Mazaza New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey @Luke777, definitely. Getting hairier (hands, chest, beard mainly) is a side effect I am experiencing.

I don't know how to avoid that, but I assume it comes from the fact that I am using too much minoxidil (ranging between 2.5 mL and 4 mL). Perhaps you also are using too much? I am trying to use less but it is not that easy iven the fact that I have long-ish hair right now.

Cheers

Somebody likes this.
  2. gohanback

gohanback New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi guys,

I going to try this regime! Big believer in the inflammation story.
    Are Perilla leaves the same as Shiso leaves? I cant find any Perilla leaves in my country but I can find Shiso leaves.
    WikiPedia is not really clear about it, I think it is?

Keep up Telogen Effluvium good work!

Somebody likes this.
  3. itsjustsimon

itsjustsimon Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Shiso = perilla yes however, it didn't work for me ( still itching... ).

Somebody likes this.
  4. Mazaza

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay. Here us my 4 months update with pics taken today!

Remarks on the pictures:
    • They show my loss of density on toop, my hairline, temples, and crown.
    • They were taken under a quite harsh white light (if you look at my hands you see that the light is quite strong).
    • I have some strange hair growing where I roll (hairline, sides and temples). They are very sparce, but quite thick... Is it a good sign?
    • There is also a picture of what my hair looks like normally.

My regimen for the past 4 months:
    • Minoxidil (lipogaine) 5% once per day, since the mid November. I missed maybe 3 days since I started.
    • Nizoral shampoo (Lipogaine's 'big 3' shampoo), twice a week. I am not washing my hair in between.
    • Light dermarolling (1.5mm) on the days I shampoo, since mid-December (I tried rolling early December but did it a bit too hard so I took ~10 days of break before trying again). I have not been rolling very regularly and forgot to do it quite often.
    • Supplements:
      • Perilla leave powder (allermin) since mid-January, one cap a day. It reduced some light psoriasis I had on my elbows, and I feel it makes my scalp itch less.
      • B-vitamin complex, one cap a day.
      • I initially started taking fish oil, but ran out of it since early January. And I haven't bought it again (sometimes I am THAT lazy...). I should restart taking it, at least for its numerous health benefits.
    Side effects / remarks:
    • The only side effect I am experiencing is mild hypertrichosis, a bit everywhere on my body. I am applying at least 2 mL of minoxidil each time (long hair), and I guess that if I was applying less this effect would be reduced, or go away.
    • It takes me a long time to apply minoxidil. I need to train and/or cut my hair to makes things faster, otherwise I know I will be tempted to quit at some point in the future.

What I plan to do next:
    • I will try to dermaroll more often, if possible every day (with a day of break every now and then), to see if it improves the situation.
    • I have an appointment with a dermatologist next week. I'll see what the doctor say about my hair loss, and if they decide to prescribe finasteride I may consider starting it, probably at 0.5 mg every day.
    • I should buy supplements again. I am thinking about taking fish oil again and give a try to borage oil too.

Next update in one month.

Happy to answer any question.

Cheers,
    Mazaza

Attached Files:

#884 Mazaza, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Somebody likes this.
  5. Somebody

Somebody Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are you on Rogaine Foam?m

Only in places where I have accidently dropped few drops of minoxidil
    Yes, it's same

There is always topical salicylic acid to try out

Good luck, looking forward to hearing more about your progress. It's great that you manage to keep it so clear makes it easy to follow.

itsjustsimon likes this.
  6. TheGoyimKnow

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey guys.

Just wanted to post some pictures of my progress. (I explained my success in an earlier reply to this thread)

Also wanted to address someone calling the shampoo I use (Pura D'or) a "sham".
    It's worked incredibly well for me, giving me great results BEFORE I starting using minoxidil and dermarolling. It also helped my mother regrow her hair after intense cancer treatments. Read the reviews on Amazon if you don't believe me. Others have also had great success.

Anyways, I have been using Pura D'or shampoo AND conditioner daily now (https://www.amazon.com/PURA-DOR-Adv...&qid=1521878672&sr=1-6&keywords=pura dor gold) for about 8 months. I added Somebody's protocol about 3 months after that. So in total I've only been using minoxidil and dermarolling daily for the last 4-5 months now.

The first picture is my hair 3-4 years ago. Literally could grow a huge, thick afro. (High School) Never once did the thought of losing my hair even cross my mind. Probably why I started to freak out when I was losing so much hair in the shower.

Picture two is my all-time worst. Right before I started using the shampoo, or doing anything for that matter. I was receding and losing hair so quickly that I literally wanted to die. My thick curly hair was pretty much the only characteristic I liked about myself.

Unfortunately I do not have a before photo of the crown of my head, as it was so bad I didn't even want to photograph it. Picture 3 of my crown however is about 3 months into using the shampoo. It was about twice as bare and similar to Picture 2 before I started doing anything.

Picture 4 is 5 months into treatment, looking much better!

Pictures 5 and 6 were taken about 10 minutes ago :)

I am so incredibly pleased with my results so far. Like I mentioned in my previous post- I have tons of blonde baby hairs coming back in still. I am hoping to achieve the impossible- what Somebody did. Almost complete regrowth.

Will continue to update in the future!

Cheers

Attached Files:

#886 TheGoyimKnow, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  7. CrazyFrenchie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Little question, i've been using my dermaroller for more than 2 month now and i wanted to know how long can i keep it before using a new one.
    I wash mine after every use and the needles still looks good to me.

Somebody likes this.
  8. infinitepain

infinitepain Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Your progress is insane, among the best i've seen. Like most have said, it's very interesting how you dermaroll almost daily... this doesn't look to healthy to be honest, there's not enough time for the wounds to heal as far as I know? yet, I can't deny these pictures, assuming they are real. It seems to be working.
    Have you looked at dermastamp devices? they are clearly superior, specially on how if you have long hair they will not get stuck on the roller, also they are more precise, rollers wound too much due the angled movement.

I would be interested at seeing your hormonal levels. Have you checked them out after so many years of finasteride daily usage? namely, DHT, test levels, estrogen levels, thyroid levels... would be very informative to see how hormones look on a guy that had such awesome success.

Do you dermaroll daily too? I think that's insane, but it seems to be working for this guy..

#888 infinitepain, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Somebody and TheGoyimKnow like this.
  9. TheGoyimKnow

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    (Not sure if you're replying to me but I think you are, haha)

The pictures are very real. As much fun as it would be to go around trolling people on a hair loss forum ;)

I have not looked into the stamp- first I've heard of it actually. My scalp really does't have an issue with the dermaroller at all, honestly. I roll it a lot and fairly firm, too. Until the area is red.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I opted NOT to EVER use Finasteride. I will never touch the stuff, will never take the chance of screwing up my Testosterone.

Here is my exact routine:

Shower morning, apply Pura d'or shampoo, massage into scalp, leave in for 3-5 mins, rinse. Apply conditioner, massage into scalp, leave in 3-5 mins, rinse.
    1 Pirella leaf capsule daily
    At night is when I dermaroll and apply/massage in Rogaine FOAM. I have tried the liquid, my scalp didn't like it.

And that's it! Never done the big 3, never messed around with meds, just natural shampoo and conditioner, the pirella capsules and rogaine foam.

Somebody likes this.
  10. infinitepain

Dislikes Received:
    I was talking about Somebody's progress. Without lowering androgens in your head it's impossible to keep your hair safe, if you aren't just frauding to get clicks on that refered amazon link and the pics are real, you will lose what you have eventually without lowering scalp DHT which is obviously the number one issue with baldos, given the evidence we have thus far.

Edit: Wait, so it looks like I was wrong and Somebody is using 1.5mm dermarolling daily...

Can someone explain how is that even possible? his scalp should be fucked up. If he isn't a scam, these pics don't lie. How can he sustain such damage on the scalp?

#890 infinitepain, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  11. TheGoyimKnow

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I only provided the link to the shampoo and conditioner so the ones here calling it a fraud could read other people's reviews. Nah- I won't be losing any of my regrowth. Haven't shed at all in 8 months in fact. Only more hair growing in each day. You are also assuming I have low DHT, which you'd be wrong again. I would suggest not assuming everyone has the same hormone levels here, when you clearly have no idea.

Yes, wrong a third time. Somebody has been dermarolling daily with a 1.5mm for the past 5 years, and I with it the past 6 months. Do you really think we would intentionally fuck our scalp up day after day? He clearly isn't a scam....he has provided countless pictures....

#891 TheGoyimKnow, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Somebody likes this.
  12. infinitepain

Dislikes Received:
    You aren't going to keep your hair without addressing the DHT issue, assuming you have Androgenetic Alopecia.

Dermarolling 1.5mm daily seems nuts to me, there's not enough time to heal.

Somebody likes this.
  13. Mazaza

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi guys,

Just back from my dermatologist appointment and a bit upset. In a nutshell:
    • The appointment was very short (like maybe 15 minutes totoal)
    • She started by checking my crown and temples, saying that there was thinning on the temples / hairline region. She performed a pulling test and asked me when I last washed my hair (I thought she meant shampoo my hair so I said yesterday, even though I rinsed them this morning -- but I think it does not count).
    • Anyway she told me there was nothing too dramatic and that I should not worry a lot. I disagree of course, since I had much more hair on top before, and I am losing it on the temples/hairline obviously...
    • I told her I have been using minoxidil 5% for 4 months now, and basically she told me that it may start showing effect and that's why it seems that the situation is not that bad to her.
    • I wanted her to prescibe me finasteride but she insisted for me to keep on using minoxidil for a few months, assess the loss again, and if I am not happy with the results start finasteride.
    So I don't know what to think about that...I thought it was quite obvious that I was balding. Maybe my long curly hair hides it well? Or maybe the protocol starts working?

If you were me, would you try to look for another doctor to get finasteride prescribed or would you just wait and see, like she asked me?

Cheers,
    Mazaza

Somebody likes this.
  14. SteveTabernack

SteveTabernack Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Find another doctor.

Even if you're a good responder to minoxidil it's not gonna be enough long term.

Mazaza and Somebody like this.
  15. Tisumi2333

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    hi Alex.Do u have oily skin? my hair is too oily ,i have to wash my hair everyday.It seems like fina didn't help this.

Somebody likes this.
  16. Somebody

Somebody Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I change mine after 6 month. But I change right away if I lose it on floor, and bend needles. You should not wash the dermaroles with water! Always use alcohol of at least 40%.

Yes, she does not seriously take your problem. In the future, find another one. Besides she was a lady and she does not know how painful it is for men to lose hair. I have been fortunate and have always received good physicians and dermatalists who have taken my problem seriously.

Yes, my scal is oily. And I do wash daily, for varius of reasons.

Attached Files:

• hair.PNG
      hair.PNG
      File size:
      300.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2008.png
      2008.png
      File size:
      631.6 KB
      Views:
    mryellowman, Mazaza and itsjustsimon like this.
  17. Luke777

Luke777 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I use 1-2ml of rogain foam once a day, so I wouldnt say that too much of minoxidil is the issue.

Nevertheless I see more hairs also on another parts of my body - not only on the chest, but also hands and face. I genuiely start to laugh at this. Several years of effort and money invested resulting into balding head and hairy face and chest :)))

Hopefully, if this experiment is not successful, this will be the last straw that will help me to give up this crazy struggle for hair renewal.

I will keep you guys informed how the experiment is going.

Somebody likes this.
  18. infinitepain

Dislikes Received:
    Please get some bloodwork done, you need to show your hormone levels to see how an awesome responder hormonal profile looks like, otherwise we are just wasting our time blind guessing. We need a scientific approach to your case so we can apply it ourselves. Everyone is different so blindly applying your protocol is useless, we need the scientific data!

Somebody likes this.
  19. Kruno

Kruno Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey Alex,Ive just seen some of your youtube videos and I am amazed with your regrowth.My hairloss is mostly caused by inflammation,and constant dermatitis.I have taken your advice and bought some perilla pills,and now when its all under control do you think that I am going to get same inflammation or even dermatitis with dermaroller?

Somebody likes this.
  20. Tisumi2333

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for the reply,its so kind of u bro,how many hair do u shed daily?I always shed 20~30 hairs daily.I wish u all the best.

Somebody likes this.