Solxama's great experiment - HRT vs aggressive Androgenic Alopecia

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even though the shedding is it still better than before a month without any treatment?? I can't wait to see a fully filled in crown without any sign of horrendous thinning!! Love you documentation!
Yeah, it's still much better, most of the bald spot is invisible, even the worst bit under certain lighting. Hair is overall healthier, so thickening plus minor regrowth hid most bald areas. Now the regrowth seems to be speeding up so I estimate 2-3 months to a full recovery of the crown, If progress continues at the current speed.

Btw, what is your current regimen? Are you using anything new?

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's still much better, most of the bald spot is invisible, even the worst bit under certain lighting. Hair is overall healthier, so thickening plus minor regrowth hid most bald areas. Now the regrowth seems to be speeding up so I estimate 2-3 months to a full recovery of the crown, If progress continues at the current speed.

Btw, what is your current regimen? Are you using anything new?
you can see My regimen for my current regimen.Octomber if i don't see any improvement i will add bicalutamide or cyproteron acetate monotherapy for 3 months.If i don't see improvement after those 3 months i will add oran estradiol valerate 2 mg or oestrogel hemihydrate that should do it i only have thinning willing to do.otherwise castration hahaha

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you can see My regimen for my current regimen.Octomber if i don't see any improvement i will add bicalutamide or cyproteron acetate monotherapy for 3 months.If i don't see improvement after those 3 months i will add oran estradiol valerate 2 mg or oestrogel hemihydrate that should do it i only have thinning willing to do.otherwise castration hahaha
Yeah, Bica or Cypro should work, but after 3 months you should consider adding some Estrogen, even with improvement I would still add a small dose of E just to be safe. No sex hormones in the long run is no good for bones and general health, you need something, either Androgens or Estrogens. And we know what's better for hair.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, Bica or Cypro should work, but after 3 months you should consider adding some Estrogen, even with improvement I would still add a small dose of E just to be safe. No sex hormones in the long run is no good for bones and general health, you need something, either Androgens or Estrogens. And we know what's better for hair.
i will maintain with dutasteride finasteride and minoxidil!! I dont have agressive hairloss if not then i will add what i have to add!!

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i will maintain with dutasteride finasteride and minoxidil!! I dont have agressive hairloss if not then i will add what i have to add!!
Oh yeah, I forgot you use Fina and Duta together, quite a nuclear 5ARI regimen. In this case, 3 months of AAs could be enough. I wish you luck!

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there, and congrats on the amazing results so far!

Couple questions, if you don't mind?

Can you provide a link of the exact estrogen you are using? Where do you apply, other than the scrotum?

I've been on Finasteride for a year (1MG a day), and got stabilization and some minor regrowth.
Just started oral minoxidil a few weeks ago, and have had a massive regrowth spurt already in the crown and vertex areas. Temples are starting to get some new invisible vellum hairs as well, but I may need to add some estrogen for my temples eventually.

Any help appreciated, and again, congrats on the success so far!

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there, and congrats on the amazing results so far!

Couple questions, if you don't mind?

Can you provide a link of the exact estrogen you are using? Where do you apply, other than the scrotum?

I've been on Finasteride for a year (1MG a day), and got stabilization and some minor regrowth.
Just started oral minoxidil a few weeks ago, and have had a massive regrowth spurt already in the crown and vertex areas. Temples are starting to get some new invisible vellum hairs as well, but I may need to add some estrogen for my temples eventually.

Any help appreciated, and again, congrats on the success so far!
Thanks, and no worries I'll answer your questions. For now I'm on Estrogen monotherapy due to my failure with Bica. I use 5mg daily, and I apply on armpits (You need to shave them first, same with scrotum to be honest.), scrotum and topically on temples. I tried on the crown but there is too much hair there now lol. I split up my dose, 2mg morning, 1mg Afternoon and 2mg Evening. Morning dose is armpits/scrotum, afternoon temples, and evening scrotum. Sometimes I also split up the 2mg dose, some armpits, some scrotum.

As for my gel, I can't give you my main source as I can't share it yet, but I can give you another source that makes the same stuff. I'll private message you.

Last edited:

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, and no worries I'll answer your questions. For now I'm on Estrogen monotherapy due to my failure with Bica. I use 5mg daily, and I apply on armpits (You need to shave them first, same with scrotum to be honest.), scrotum and topically on temples. I tried on the crown but there is too much hair there now lol. I split up my dose, 2mg morning, 1mg Afternoon and 2mg Evening. Morning dose is armpits/scrotum, afternoon temples, and evening scrotum. Sometimes I also split up the 2mg dose, some armpits, some scrotum.

As for my gel, I can't give you my main source as I can't share it yet, but I can give you another source that makes the same stuff. I'll private message you.
Thank you so much, greatly appreciate it!!

Gynobro237

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good on you. I am starting injectable estradiol soon on top of everything else I take.
Even on a waiting list for transsexual stuff in the uk. End goal is to pretend to be a transsexual up until I can get the chop and then desist afterwards.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good on you. I am starting injectable estradiol soon on top of everything else I take.
Even on a waiting list for transsexual stuff in the uk. End goal is to pretend to be a transsexual up until I can get the chop and then desist afterwards.
You don't have to get SRS in the UK, you can basically stay on free NHS HRT for life once you are past the gatekeeping. That's one of my long term plans, either DIY hormones for life or get in the system. It takes years on the waiting list anyway, so it won't hurt to get on it.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't be doing a weekly report this week, plus I will probably be less active. A very sad thing has happened in my life and I'm currently not feeling too well. Sorry.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They got banned thankfully. What a cruel a**h**, I reported a lot of his posts. I hate that kind of behaviour and have no tollerence for people like that, especially not now.

I want to thank you Solxama for all your selfless sharing in your efforts to combat this disease.

We don’t need to suffer in silence or all alone. And having people share all their efforts for the benefit of every other male, especially the younger males on this forum, means something, even if we don’t end up growing hair.

When you are in a better state of mind, I hope to see mote progress posts from you. Your efforts are appreciated by many.

Thank you again

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to thank you Solxama for all your selfless sharing in your efforts to combat this disease.

We don’t need to suffer in silence or all alone. And having people share all their efforts for the benefit of every other male, especially the younger males on this forum, means something, even if we don’t end up growing hair.

When you are in a better state of mind, I hope to see mote progress posts from you. Your efforts are appreciated by many.

Thank you again
Thank you for the support. My situation is currently very bad, I lost a person who was very close to me. I won't say more publicly, but it hit me like a truck. It will take some time for me to return to a better mental state.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well thanks to some lovely people I interact with daily the worst of my grief is over, so there will be a weekly report tomorrow. But before that I'd like to admit to something.

First when I joined this forum I was afraid to publicly admit to my dysphoria, then when I did I planned on being a feminine guy on HRT for life, a so called "HRT Femboy." But this has somewhat changed for the following reasons :

-Breast growth does not bother me at all. I'm sure now that's it started, to be honest I only cared because I was afraid of other people's opinions.

-I have been doing other things beside HRT to become more feminine, voice training, body hair removal etc. I might start removing my facial hair soon.

-If I do end up looking too feminine to pass as male I plan to present female.
I don't really plan on changing my legal documents in the foreseeable future, but I won't force myself to present male if others see me as a girl.

Because of these reasons, and because I am already lumped into one group by most people, I have started to embrace the term I used to fear. So yeah, feel free to call me trans from now on, I'm officially out on this forum. I still believe any person who wants to try HRT and can accept the effects should be able to regardless of being trans or cis, but in my case I'm definitely not cis.

I hope everybody still accepts me :)

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well thanks to some lovely people I interact with daily the worst of my grief is over, so there will be a weekly report tomorrow. But before that I'd like to admit to something.

First when I joined this forum I was afraid to publicly admit to my dysphoria, then when I did I planned on being a feminine guy on HRT for life, a so called "HRT Femboy." But this has somewhat changed for the following reasons :

-Breast growth does not bother me at all. I'm sure now that's it started, to be honest I only cared because I was afraid of other people's opinions.

-I have been doing other things beside HRT to become more feminine, voice training, body hair removal etc. I might start removing my facial hair soon.

-If I do end up looking too feminine to pass as male I plan to present female.
I don't really plan on changing my legal documents in the foreseeable future, but I won't force myself to present male if others see me as a girl.

Because of these reasons, and because I am already lumped into one group by most people, I have started to embrace the term I used to fear. So yeah, feel free to call me trans from now on, I'm officially out on this forum. I still believe any person who wants to try HRT and can accept the effects should be able to regardless of being trans or cis, but in my case I'm definitely not cis.

I hope everybody still accepts me :)
firstly, good for you for being honest with yourself.
second, f*** what anyone else thinks about you. life's too short for that. just be you, whether that means trans, femboy, cis dude who takes hrt for hair, etc.
Good luck with your transition, whatever that ultimately means to you!

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it's time for the promised weekly report!

6 Weeks on HRT :

*Effects on Hair :

-Temples have really started filling in, here is some pics.

IMG_20211004_134702.jpg IMG_20211004_134820.jpg
-Right temple, with hair down and up. No need for any zoom, regrowth is clearly visible.

IMG_20211004_134711.jpg IMG_20211004_134829.jpg
-Left Temple, same thing. Regrowth clearly visible.

-Crown also looks better, remaining bald spots haven't filled in yet, but the hair is much healthier, it looks strong and has regained it's natural dark color.

crown.png
- Here is a picture of it, much healthier!

*Other effects :
-I can't believe how fast my social anxiety is getting better, I'm so much more open to others and confident. My last post is the greatest testament to this, I came out with something I never thought I would publicly admit.
-Breast growth seems to have slowed down on budding of the nipples and slight tissue enlargement, this should give me some time to prepare to hide it from people I don't want to come out to when the time comes.
-My skin is even better, I look like a teenager. My mum told me I look 16!
-My testicles have shrunk about 20% in size.

Overall I am very happy with all of these effects, even breast growth lol. I've made it so far in just a few months, from a very insecure repressing dysphoric person to a much more secure, happier and more authentic version of myself. I cringe when I look back to how I used to be, but on the other hand I'm grateful for the lessons of the past, as they have prepared me to live life as who I am now, the true authentic me.