Solxama's great experiment - HRT vs aggressive Androgenic Alopecia

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, a new monthly report is due in 3 weeks. I'm not entirely leaving the forum, just scaling down my use to avoid obsessing, something that's unhealthy. I got a treatment that works so there's no point reading and talking about hair 24/7.

Also I need to take care of my emotional wellbeing, and being on here so much only led me to obsessing over hair although my regimen is working, not to mention letting my emotions get the upper hand and engaging in pointless arguments and discussions with people who I clearly don't understand, nor do they understand me.

I don't hate them or anything, it's just the fact our mindsets and opinions are so different that it's impossible to form any mutual understanding. So I'm gonna do my thing, and let others do theirs.

Peace :)
yes my friend you are absolutely correct! :)

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you do to get bica please ?
You can buy it online, I'll DM you a website with online pharmacies.

so now you could not have a child right ?
you don't have sperm ?
Well I haven't checked since I don't masturbate, but since my libido is basically dead and my testicles have shrunk to like half the size I believe there is a large possibility of me being infertile, or at the minimum producing much less seed.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A week has passed since I took my first Estradiol gel dose. I have decided to do a weekly report from now on with progress in the hair department, and to document all the other potential effects HRT will have on me. Here we go :

1 week on HRT report :

*Effects on hair :
-None (I might have noticed some very small white hairs on my temples, but they might have been there before, I'm not sure.
So to be on the safe side I won't attribute this to my treatment.)

*Other Effects :
-My libido is down by about 70% at this point. Finasteride already took it down, but now it's even lower. It's not fully nuked yet, but I'm on the way there.
-I have very vivid dreams, first I took this effect as placebo, but now I'm sure it's not. I've never had dreams like this in my whole life.
-I feel much calmer inside, a inner peace I could have only reached before in deep meditation.
-My sleep is much better, I stopped waking up in the middle of the night, and I feel much more rested after sleep.

All in all it looks like my body responds to Estrogen in a positive way, and I'm looking forward to the next weeks and months on HRT.

Have you you used "Minoxidil Topical Liquid 5% + Microneedling" before?

Thread 'Microneedling Photo Results Summary' https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-photo-results-summary.121072/

I always consider HRT to be super extreme.

Also, in terms of your body not looking masculine pre-HRT, that's how the majority of skinny guys look by default. It's called an ectomorph body type and has nothing to do with being more naturally feminine, it's just body structure pre-determined by genetics.

You can't expect to have a masculine body unless you are in the gym for at least 2 years, eating big but healthy with lots of protein, plus lifting big for at least 4 times a week.

Also, you mentioned you never liked competitive sports or fighting etc. Most guys don't like to be in a fight either, literally nothing feminine about it. Some of the best fighters in the world and even people in the military, marines, etc say if they can avoid a fight they will in daily life unless of course their in a war zone.
So this kind of tells me you probably don't have many years of physical exercise and trying to develop your body above factory default.
So you can't have expected your body to have been strong and masculine. So nothing wrong with you there besides your hairloss.

Also, not working out consistently, drinking, stress, depression, anxiety, masturbation will of course have an accelerated effect on a genetic predisposition to hairloss.

There's a lot of things you could have tried, which I'm not sure if you have, prior to going to the extreme of HRT.

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you you used "Minoxidil Topical Liquid 5% + Microneedling" before?

Thread 'Microneedling Photo Results Summary' https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-photo-results-summary.121072/

I always consider HRT to be super extreme.

Also, in terms of your body not looking masculine pre-HRT, that's how the majority of skinny guys look by default. It's called an ectomorph body type and has nothing to do with being more naturally feminine, it's just body structure pre-determined by genetics.

You can't expect to have a masculine body unless you are in the gym for at least 2 years, eating big but healthy with lots of protein, plus lifting big for at least 4 times a week.

Also, you mentioned you never liked competitive sports or fighting etc. Most guys don't like to be in a fight either, literally nothing feminine about it. Some of the best fighters in the world and even people in the military, marines, etc say if they can avoid a fight they will in daily life unless of course their in a war zone.
So this kind of tells me you probably don't have many years of physical exercise and trying to develop your body above factory default.
So you can't have expected your body to have been strong and masculine. So nothing wrong with you there besides your hairloss.

Also, not working out consistently, drinking, stress, depression, anxiety, masturbation will of course have an accelerated effect on a genetic predisposition to hairloss.

There's a lot of things you could have tried, which I'm not sure if you have, prior to going to the extreme of HRT.
I know you think you mean good by saying all of this, but hair loss was only an excuse to get on HRT in my case tbh.

I have gender dysphoria and I hated being a man since my teens, I just repressed it for years thinking these feelings would one day disappear. I hid this when I joined this place due to fear to admit the truth.

I'm transgender, having secondary male body characteristics like body hair, facial hair, deep voice, balding etc. makes me feel very unwell, so do masculine gender roles and expectations. I guess being forced into them against my will caused me to become bitter towards masculine men, something I might have shown on here, maybe too much lately.

I know some of you guys may think gender dysphoria is a mental illness that can be treated by drugs and therapy, but that is not true. Nothing that I tried helped the root issue, not even spirituality. It was either transition or a life of suffering probably ending in suicide.

I'm sorry if some of my behaviour might have been seen as not very nice etc, but I simply don't understand a lot of your talking points, they are alien to me, just like mine are for you.

This is also a reason I'm scaling down the use of this place, I want to focus on myself, my emotional wellbeing and my transition.

Please don't try to convince me to be a man, as I'm not a cis guy. I do appreciate the friendliness tho, and I'm sorry if I ever came off as unfriendly, preachy, overconfident etc. It was caused by me trying to hide my emotional trauma due to years of repression by being terminally online.

The truth is I just want to be left alone so I can live a peaceful life and finally be myself after years of denial.

Sol signing out.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you think you mean good by saying all of this, but hair loss was only an excuse to get on HRT in my case tbh.

I have gender dysphoria and I hated being a man since my teens, I just repressed it for years thinking these feelings would one day disappear. I hid this when I joined this place due to fear to admit the truth.

I'm transgender, having secondary male body characteristics like body hair, facial hair, deep voice, balding etc. makes me feel very unwell, so do masculine gender roles and expectations. I guess being forced into them against my will caused me to become bitter towards masculine men, something I might have shown on here, maybe too much lately.

I know some of you guys may think gender dysphoria is a mental illness that can be treated by drugs and therapy, but that is not true. Nothing that I tried helped the root issue, not even spirituality. It was either transition or a life of suffering probably ending in suicide.

I'm sorry if some of my behaviour might have been seen as not very nice etc, but I simply don't understand a lot of your talking points, they are alien to me, just like mine are for you.

This is also a reason I'm scaling down the use of this place, I want to focus on myself, my emotional wellbeing and my transition.

Please don't try to convince me to be a man, as I'm not a cis guy. I do appreciate the friendliness tho, and I'm sorry if I ever came off as unfriendly, preachy, overconfident etc. It was caused by me trying to hide my emotional trauma due to years of repression by being terminally online.

The truth is I just want to be left alone so I can live a peaceful life and finally be myself after years of denial.

Sol signing out.

No worries Solxama, wish you well in your endeavors.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a very brief but important update.

After 86 days on HRT my crown is now basically back to what it was at 19-20, with barely noticeable balding under only the most intense of lighting. I have gone down from NW4 to I'd say NW2.5 in the span of three months. I sometimes thought it might be too late even for HRT and I definitely didn't think it would happen so fast but here I am.

This stuff really works for hair, if it could reverse balding with my horrible genes it can help anyone.

Some new pics :

IMG_20211111_033335.jpg IMG_20211107_122115.jpg

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

After 86 days on HRT my crown is now basically back to what it was at 19-20, with barely noticeable balding under only the most intense of lighting. I have gone down from NW4 to I'd say NW2.5 in the span of three months. I sometimes thought it might be too late even for HRT and I definitely didn't think it would happen so fast but here I am.

This stuff really works for hair, if it could reverse balding with my horrible genes it can help anyone.

Some new pics :

View attachment 172337 View attachment 172338
excellent crown progress!! How do you feel in general on the treatment?? Any bad sides from cpa?

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
excellent crown progress!! How do you feel in general on the treatment?? Any bad sides from cpa?
No noticeable sides from CPA besides being sleepy after taking my doses for the first 2 weeks. I've been on it for 1.5 months now and I feel good.

As for my general feeling I feel great, I feel alive for the first time since puberty. Most of the symptoms of dysphoria have become manageable despite occasional flare ups and my emotional health is so much better. HRT has improved my life massively :)

Last edited:

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Excellent progress!! I'm curious if you have tested your estradiol level during the last 3 months and, if so, what was your E2 blood level? If not tested, do you have a guess on what your trough & peak E2 levels may be (ie 100 pg/ml at trough & 250 pg/ml at peak)?

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent progress!! I'm curious if you have tested your estradiol level during the last 3 months and, if so, what was your E2 blood level? If not tested, do you have a guess on what your trough & peak E2 levels may be (ie 100 pg/ml at trough & 250 pg/ml at peak)?
I'm going to have my first hormone blood test since starting HRT during the next 2 weeks. I'll post the results on here. If I were to guess tho I think my range would probably be between 150-300 pg/ml as I apply the gel on the scrotum and armpits which tend to have high absorption rates.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In terms of side effects so fat any gyno and genital shrinkage or any overall body changes?

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In terms of side effects so fat any gyno and genital shrinkage or any overall body changes?
Those are not side effects for me but desired effects lol.

Having said that let's go through the body changes I've had to date :

-My skin is so much softer and better looking
-Testicles have shrurnk by about 50%
-I have breast growth, currently small cones
-No libido, morning and spontaneous erections have gone.
-Body hair has started thinning out and it grows back slower after shaving/waxing
-And of course the most important, hair regrowh!

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are not side effects for me but desired effects lol.

Having said that let's go through the body changes I've had to date :

-My skin is so much softer and better looking
-Testicles have shrurnk by about 50%
-I have breast growth, currently small cones
-No libido, morning and spontaneous erections have gone.
-Body hair has started thinning out and it grows back slower after shaving/waxing
-And of course the most important, hair regrowh!
yeah hair regrowth outways everything else :).I am glad for your progress!! :).Can't wait to see full thickenning of your crown and or course temples :) keep us update!! :)

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah hair regrowth outways everything else :).I am glad for your progress!! :).Can't wait to see full thickenning of your crown and or course temples :) keep us update!! :)
I wouldn't say it outweighs everything else in my case, I want full feminization after all. But it's definitely the most important at this moment as without hair it's impossible to achieve my other transition goals.

Thank you for your support tho, and I'll keep you updated. I'll do the promised monthly report on Monday.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it outweighs everything else in my case, I want full feminization after all. But it's definitely the most important at this moment as without hair it's impossible to achieve my other transition goals.

Thank you for your support tho, and I'll keep you updated. I'll do the promised monthly report on Monday.
You can always wear a wig... There are completely bald women out there wearing after all.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can always wear a wig... There are completely bald women out there wearing after all.
That's really a last resort thing. I'd love to try and get my natural hair back, and it seems to be working for now. And I won't present as a girl publicly until I can pass, so at the minimum until I remove my facial hair, have a passing voice and have my face feminize to a noticeable degree.

Presenting as a girl publicly while looking and sounding male would make my dysphoria go into overdrive. For now I'm stuck in what the trans community refers to as "boymoding", and it can last quite a while until someone can pass.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small update, monthly report is going to drop tomorrow. After that I will scale down my use of this forum to the bare minimum, that is maintain my thread and reply to posts and dms. I will put this thread on email notifications and my dms, so I'll try to get back to anyone who replies to me. It might take some time tho, so be patient. I also can't promise another monthly report, I'll do reports when I feel like it or after significant progress.

This decision is not taken lightly and the reason is simple. I don't feel welcome on this forum. Sharing an online place with some very toxic people and even stumbling on it when visiting is honestly tiring. It makes me feel anxious, unsafe and brings back my traumas. If not for people who are interested in my progress and for people who want my help I would leave this place. I hope everyone understands.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Small update, monthly report is going to drop tomorrow. After that I will scale down my use of this forum to the bare minimum, that is maintain my thread and reply to posts and dms. I will put this thread on email notifications and my dms, so I'll try to get back to anyone who replies to me. It might take some time tho, so be patient. I also can't promise another monthly report, I'll do reports when I feel like it or after significant progress.

This decision is not taken lightly and the reason is simple. I don't feel welcome on this forum. Sharing an online place with some very toxic people and even stumbling on it when visiting is honestly tiring. It makes me feel anxious, unsafe and brings back my traumas. If not for people who are interested in my progress and for people who want my help I would leave this place. I hope everyone understands.
Getting off this forum will be the best decision you can make for your mental health. This place is way too toxic at this point. I wish I had the same strength like you to leave this place for good.