So, I Have Just Popped My First Loniten Pill

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 2mg oral minoxidil a day with 2x 5% topical applications. Makes hair all over my body grow dark and dense but it’s the hairline regrowth thah keeps me using it. You will also notice your lashes and brows become darker and longer. Issue for me is that it doesn’t stop the DHT affected areas, and I have 3-6 monthly sheds on it. My hairline will recede then grow back, but my overall density takes a massive hit too. It
May just be me that’s so unlucky that this happens. I barely ever see anyone else who has regular sheds on minoxidil. I wish you all the very best and hope your hair grows back lush and beautiful!

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 2mg oral minoxidil a day with 2x 5% topical applications. Makes hair all over my body grow dark and dense but it’s the hairline regrowth thah keeps me using it. You will also notice your lashes and brows become darker and longer. Issue for me is that it doesn’t stop the DHT affected areas, and I have 3-6 monthly sheds on it. My hairline will recede then grow back, but my overall density takes a massive hit too. It
May just be me that’s so unlucky that this happens. I barely ever see anyone else who has regular sheds on minoxidil. I wish you all the very best and hope your hair grows back lush and beautiful!

have you noticed dark circles under your eyes or other skin side effects? I've been using topical minoxidil since 2013 and I feel it's aged my face.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
have you noticed dark circles under your eyes or other skin side effects? I've been using topical minoxidil since 2013 and I feel it's aged my face.
Not at all. Just tons of dark hairs where there would otherwise be normal vellus hairs. I thought for a while thah it may have given me the dark circles, but that turned out to be sprio. That sh*t makes you look tired, haggard and thin.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

2mg seems like a smart move. Enough but also with the intention of no/low sides. I've heard you can get really thick hair on loniten.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/minoxidil-tablets-vs-topical-application.104477/

Information regarding 1mg per day.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
2mg seems like a smart move. Enough but also with the intention of no/low sides. I've heard you can get really thick hair on loniten.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/minoxidil-tablets-vs-topical-application.104477/

Information regarding 1mg per day.
i will say though the side effect is all over darker body hair growth, but I can wax or shave, and that doesn’t reall matter for men. Worked wonders on my hairline and also gave me crazy long eyelashes.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you are quite right. My derm said “want something that REALLY works?” Then handed me the script for 1mg oral minoxidil. Off my own bat i decided to take 2mg, just because.

Thank you for your response. I'm due to start on a low dose soon.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can loniten work if completely non-responsive to topical minoxidil?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can loniten work if completely non-responsive to topical minoxidil?

Minoxidil must be converted by an enzyme sulfotransferase into its active form minoxidil sulfate to work. Different people have different amounts of this enzyme. If you are very low in this enzyme, it is conceivably possible that topical minoxidil may not be effective for you, as you would not be converting enough just in the scalp to the active form. But in a high oral dose, you may still be able to convert more to the active form to get a response.

But this is just theoretically speaking. So maybe.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and if you get extra body hair with minoxidil does this mean you have the enzyme ?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
and if you get extra body hair with minoxidil does this mean you have the enzyme ?
Yes, but its impossible to say how much it will help your hair, like all things it will vary. If your body hair is growing extra long i can bet your hair is benefitting, at least somewhat :). @Georgie. As of 2 weeks ago i experienced a shed on my hairline which did make it look worse... the flipside is i am now regrowing those or new hairs and once again my hairline has improved! Im so close to NW2 now... feels great :) just a heads up for anybody on minoxidil... things will get better! just give it time!!

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lucky you guys that can use this drug! I have incredible results with topical but i am allergic and cant use it even a small amount of 2 % :(

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but its impossible to say how much it will help your hair, like all things it will vary. If your body hair is growing extra long i can bet your hair is benefitting, at least somewhat :). @Georgie. As of 2 weeks ago i experienced a shed on my hairline which did make it look worse... the flipside is i am now regrowing those or new hairs and once again my hairline has improved! Im so close to NW2 now... feels great :) just a heads up for anybody on minoxidil... things will get better! just give it time!!
My issue with those sheds is that my hair density never recovers. Just gets thinner and thinner.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lucky you guys that can use this drug! I have incredible results with topical but i am allergic and cant use it even a small amount of 2 % :(
Hey arnold (not referencing that old 90's cartoon at all :rolleyes: ) Even if you are allergic there is still a whole catalogue of antiandrogens you could potentionally use! Someday even allergy fre
My issue with those sheds is that my hair density never recovers. Just gets thinner and thinner.
Are you sure? what is your regimen and how effective has it been so far?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
using tablet socant target users butat @Georgie, are you sure?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey arnold (not referencing that old 90's cartoon at all :rolleyes: ) Even if you are allergic there is still a whole catalogue of antiandrogens you could potentionally use! Someday even allergy fre

Are you sure? what is your regimen and how effective has it been so far?

Hey bro, which are these allergy free drugs?
Im allergic to finas/dutas too , its not a joke :(
Thx

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bro, which are these allergy free drugs?
Im allergic to finas/dutas too , its not a joke :(
Thx
I cant give you a guarantee because it is different for everybody...However from what ive seen, people who suffered from finasteride and dutasteride saw some benefit from RU and topical bicalutamide, just to name a couple!