So, I Have Just Popped My First Loniten Pill

FullConfidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am new to this forum, I have been researching hair loss for a while. I may not have the typical pattern of hair loss, I have receded at the front and the temples quite a lot but when people say they wash their hair or wake up with hairs on their pillows that is not me. I have never seen hair coming out from washing or in my fingers or on my pillow. I looked on pictures on Facebook of me on an outing and my hair was vastly receded more than amongst everyone else (age 27). Anyway, I have started taking finasteride (don't know if any effect yet for one month), ketoconazole (1-2 x per week), and loniten 5mg per day started this week. I was taking rogaine but didn't see much effect. I have been to my general practitioner (in England they are free to see) and told them I have started taking oral minoxidil 5mg. He said he saw no problem with it and measured my blood pressure which was normal, but said it wouldn't regrow any hair but we will see.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am new to this forum, I have been researching hair loss for a while. I may not have the typical pattern of hair loss, I have receded at the front and the temples quite a lot but when people say they wash their hair or wake up with hairs on their pillows that is not me. I have never seen hair coming out from washing or in my fingers or on my pillow. I looked on pictures on Facebook of me on an outing and my hair was vastly receded more than amongst everyone else (age 27). Anyway, I have started taking finasteride (don't know if any effect yet for one month), ketoconazole (1-2 x per week), and loniten 5mg per day started this week. I was taking rogaine but didn't see much effect. I have been to my general practitioner (in England they are free to see) and told them I have started taking oral minoxidil 5mg. He said he saw no problem with it and measured my blood pressure which was normal, but said it wouldn't regrow any hair but we will see.
Im not sure what that contributes to the thread but good for you man. Im personally on 5mg morning and night and after a month i am seeing the beginning of regrowth :)

EDIT: Your GP is wrong, Loniten has the potential to regrow absurd amounts of hair if you are a good responder! I personally am experiencing regrowth from it. If it continues at this pace i could have almost a full head of hair again by month 6! I hope i do..

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: so im roughly 72 days on oral minoxidil now, im definitely experiencing regrowth at the hairline and temples and i believe my hairloss has now finally stopped :) I find i also shed less than i have in a long time too.The regrowth is nothing to rant and rave about right now but im not even 3 months in yet and the results are visible to the naked eye. Below are some pictures, ive not washed my hair in 2 days and have not used my favorite thickening shampoo ( which does thicken the new hairs and looks even better! ) but the results are still fairly visible, even with the potato camera im using lol.

Attachments

• received_1518941854839301.jpeg
    received_1518941854839301.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,865
  • received_1518942674839219.jpeg
    received_1518942674839219.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,519

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: so im roughly 72 days on oral minoxidil now, im definitely experiencing regrowth at the hairline and temples and i believe my hairloss has now finally stopped :) I find i also shed less than i have in a long time too.The regrowth is nothing to rant and rave about right now but im not even 3 months in yet and the results are visible to the naked eye. Below are some pictures, ive not washed my hair in 2 days and have not used my favorite thickening shampoo ( which does thicken the new hairs and looks even better! ) but the results are still fairly visible, even with the potato camera im using lol.
Yes, it is working :) . Congratulation and thanks to share the pics

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually have high blood pressure. I use topical minoxidil all over the Balding area. I get water retention in my legs from time to time. I had an echocardiogram and it was normal. I wonder if having high BP protects me from my over usage of topical minoxidil.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually have high blood pressure. I use topical minoxidil all over the Balding area. I get water retention in my legs from time to time. I had an echocardiogram and it was normal. I wonder if having high BP protects me from my over usage of topical minoxidil.
I wouldn't say it protects you from overuse, but it does give you more wiggle room when applying it.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Looks like its working. Got the same response to topical minoxidil.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi mate. Happy for you! What's the thickening shampoo you use? Sorry if you've already mentioned it.

I've done some research and it seems that oral minoxidil is being offered on the NHS for a small number of patients. They are using 0.625 mg a day though. Google search: Salford NHS minoxidil.
Dr Rodney Sinclair has also demonstrated impressive results with females with differing hair disorders by using oral minoxidil. He has plenty of information regarding this up on google and youtube.

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr Rodney Sinclair has also demonstrated impressive results with females with differing hair disorders by using oral minoxidil.

I would think that increased body hair growth would be a problem for a woman.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I too am about to start using oral minoxidil. My derm who did prp on me (which failed and caused thinning) is prescribing .25mg which he thinks is perfect to avoid all sides and yeild results.. I think he is kidding himself with that, but where are you guys ordering from? is inhouse still legit?

justadude

My Regimen
Reaction score
I too am about to start using oral minoxidil. My derm who did prp on me (which failed and caused thinning) is prescribing .25mg which he thinks is perfect to avoid all sides and yeild results.. I think he is kidding himself with that, but where are you guys ordering from? is inhouse still legit?

I read a study on how .25mg was enough to recieve benifit and avoif the heart side effects as well as the sodium retention sides. I think you should have a bit more faith in your doctor.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate. Happy for you! What's the thickening shampoo you use? Sorry if you've already mentioned it.

I've done some research and it seems that oral minoxidil is being offered on the NHS for a small number of patients. They are using 0.625 mg a day though. Google search: Salford NHS minoxidil.
Dr Rodney Sinclair has also demonstrated impressive results with females with differing hair disorders by using oral minoxidil. He has plenty of information regarding this up on google and youtube.
I use Elvive Fiberology thickening shampoo. it is a purple and blue sort of colour. Im not convinced using such a small dose of oral minoxidil would have any effect on hair, some people like to use 5mg daily but in my opinion even that is a bit low. Good results come from 10mg.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I read a study on how .25mg was enough to recieve benifit and avoif the heart side effects as well as the sodium retention sides. I think you should have a bit more faith in your doctor.

I have read the studies as well. Ive been fighting off hairloss for 6 years now. In those studies, the results are minimal and they are on females. For whatever reason, be it hormonal differences or whatever, females just respond better.

I need to stop this progression and regain. I used to use topical minoxidil until i had an allergic reation to pg in it. The results i had from that took my mind off of hair loss.

I am going to try and start on 2.5mg and then end up at 5mg. I would need to find a better source because the .25mg my Doctor is prescribing is $30 a month. If i were to have it compounded at 5mg i would not be able to afford it. So... whats the consensus on where to buy?!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read the studies as well. Ive been fighting off hairloss for 6 years now. In those studies, the results are minimal and they are on females. For whatever reason, be it hormonal differences or whatever, females just respond better.

I need to stop this progression and regain. I used to use topical minoxidil until i had an allergic reation to pg in it. The results i had from that took my mind off of hair loss.

I am going to try and start on 2.5mg and then end up at 5mg. I would need to find a better source because the .25mg my Doctor is prescribing is $30 a month. If i were to have it compounded at 5mg i would not be able to afford it. So... whats the consensus on where to buy?!
You can buy a 100 day supply of 10mg daily for £30 from ThailandPharmacy.net. i recieved my new shipment today!

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Elvive Fiberology thickening shampoo. it is a purple and blue sort of colour. Im not convinced using such a small dose of oral minoxidil would have any effect on hair, some people like to use 5mg daily but in my opinion even that is a bit low. Good results come from 10mg.

Grazie! Good info.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with the oral Minoxidil Andy
Thank you :) I have just passed the 3 month mark, i will update at 6 months. Hair is looking thicker and i lose half the hairs i used to so all is good.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You order it to the UK? Just checking. Or are you based in Thailand. Loniten is certainly very effective from what I've read.
I am based in the UK :) From what ive experienced so far it really is effective!! I cut a bit of my hairline away when i started because the hair there was wispy thin and i thought it would be a good idea. Fast forward to now those hairs are growing in thicker and new ones have popped up too! Feeling really good right now.