Sm04554 Update To Follow! Encouraging. News Release

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
We do. Minoxidil mimics the Wnt pathway.

lolno. Minoxidil is still poorly understood like 30 years after it came out as a treatment for hairloss

activates B-catenin in DPCs

vasodilation

VEGF, and other growth factors

enhanced cell proliferation

potassium channel opener

suppresses androgen receptor functions (this is an excellent study for anyone interested in minoxidil)

adenosine upregulation

prolonging cell survival and preventing apoptosis in DPCs by influencing protein signalling pathways

Last edited:

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
I rewrite here :

We know nothing about this new topical and how do you Know they have got no new patents of Follica.

A patent could be published many years after the filling date :)
You can see on this print screen

I repeat, Follica has never demonstrated cosmetically significant hair growth on humans ever.

Seriously just go and do the reading.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
So I answer you : Follica has demonstrated they can create NEW Hair follicle, neogenesis with 25% of terminal hairs on Humans. Not cosmetically significant hair growth but a pretty good news.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
You can create new hair follicles if you sandpaper your head. Nbd

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
You can create new hair follicles if you sandpaper your head. Nbd
Damn this a good findings ! I will contact Dr. R. Rox Anderson, co-founder of Follica who " serves as a Professor of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School and Adjunct Professor of Health Sciences and Technology at MIT" .

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I answer you : Follica has demonstrated they can create NEW Hair follicle, neogenesis with 25% of terminal hairs on Humans. Not cosmetically significant hair growth but a pretty good news.

So then just keep repeating the process untill you get to 100%.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
For me, this is pretty good but not for few people ;)

depending on the calculation, 25% is more than double what finasteride presents on average at the 5 year mark in merck's own reports. It is absolutely significant, and anyone who thinks its "not enough" well f*** them they can stick with their f*****g senior citizen hair cut LMAO

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think we can made ourself a dermabrasion...but how ? With a chemical way or a mecanical way ? Of course we cannot create the same dermabrasion as follical will do in a clinical center but maybe a soft dermabrasion with a topical could create neogenesis no...but which topical ?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we can made ourself a dermabrasion...but how ? With a chemical way or a mecanical way ? Of course we cannot create the same dermabrasion as follical will do in a clinical center but maybe a soft dermabrasion with a topical could create neogenesis no...but which topical ?

I dont know sh*t about hair loss but i know skin--dermabrasion and deep peels give same results..there are chemical peels that go way down and there are acid peels that use glycolic acid for example at various strengths..they range from store bought to esthetician strength which is stronger and all the way up to Dr administered which makes you look like radiation exposure for a month like a pumpkin exploded..

I have NO idea if any above would be used for hair loss but just saying as far as dermis--i actually think the peels are deeper than dermabrasion..dermbrasion really just gets rid of dead or top layer of skin...peels can go much deeper depending on strength.

Oh and they use lasers now also for some treatments for peels which is basically same principle.

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm exited about follica, but damn I cant walk into work with a shaved sanded scalp.....

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm exited about follica, but damn I cant walk into work with a shaved sanded scalp.....

Go on a 'staycation' and you'll be fine.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

25% more hair would be better than the treatments now especially if there are no side effects and you don't have to apply medicines or take pills every day to get that 25%. The only problem is that I don't believe Follica.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Again, 25% is not a real number. Noisette just made that up and people are parroting it like fact. Sigh.