Sm04554 Update To Follow! Encouraging. News Release

langthaar31

My Regimen
Reaction score
He did not make it up, in the puretech papers they say they can create >100 new hairs/cm^2 1/4 terminal and 3/4 neogenic. So 25% of the new hairs, should be added that if they only create just above 100 new hairs each cm^2 and only 25 terminal that would not be a very cosmetic improvement. Though if they can repeat the process and these hair are not affected by dht that would basicly make it a cure

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so 25% from follica + 10%(at least) from samumed + 20% from histogen + replical ( at least 30%) maintanance using anti androgen (breezula/finasteride/RU)

i am looking at a cure. ;)

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO there's no reason to believe the new hairs should be resistant to DHT. That said, keep in mind that your pre-follica hairs have been putting up with DHT's sh*t since late puberty. If the new follicles take just as long to minitiarize to the point where no hair is produced, we could be talking 5-10 years! So im very excited for follica, at least as a supplementary treatment to the other big hitters potentially coming out soon.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
so 25% from follica + 10%(at least) from samumed + 20% from histogen + replical ( at least 30%) maintanance using anti androgen (breezula/finasteride/RU)

Lol with combination therapy, i dont think all the effects will be additive like that. But who knows - they do all seem to have differing mechanisms of action after all...

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Histogen will give you more than 20%, it increased terminal hair count by over 120% in earlier trials and the new trial will use a lot more injections. Also with histogen or replicel an anti androgen will not be necessary. but I like the way you think

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol with combination therapy, i dont think all the effects will be additive like that. But who knows - they do all seem to have differing mechanisms of action after all...
well i think additive affects are possible since the listed trearments act differently, histogen is all about growth factors. samumed act on wnt pathway to activate stem cells , anti androgens fight against DHT, etc

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Histogen will give you more than 20%, it increased terminal hair count by over 120% in earlier trials and the new trial will use a lot more injections. Also with histogen or replicel an anti androgen will not be necessary. but I like the way you think

The interview @Admin had with histogen made it clear that if you have/are able to create vellus hair then histogen can turn them terminal... if follica can create 75 vellus hairs there is no doubt histogen will give more than 20% regrowth.... KO1 hasn't the slightest clue what he's spitting out, but for some reason he feels obligated to argue his absolutely awful points...

langthaar31

My Regimen
Reaction score
The interview @Admin had with histogen made it clear that if you have/are able to create vellus hair then histogen can turn them terminal... if follica can create 75 vellus hairs there is no doubt histogen will give more than 20% regrowth.... KO1 hasn't the slightest clue what he's spitting out, but for some reason he feels obligated to argue his absolutely awful points...
Depends on what they mean with vellus hair though, because in follicas papers it says neogenic. If velus hair is the small hairs you can see if you get the correct lighting in the mirror then i can regrow my hairline with only histogen. But if histogen means vellus is "peach fuzz" as i recon they do i probably will not regrow much. And if so what do you call the miniturized hairs that are only visible in certain lighting? AAnyways 100 hairs each cm^2 is not much either, even though i will probably use the treatment.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
okay so we are all wrong you are right--what now? anything else? should we just close the thread and call it a day?

What the f*** is your point?

My point is that you should actually learn about the topic, understand the science, what they are doing, what results they've gotten in the past, what have they done to improve them, and what the limitations of their approaches are before parroting the company line. None of you are doing that.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
He did not make it up, in the puretech papers they say they can create >100 new hairs/cm^2 1/4 terminal and 3/4 neogenic. So 25% of the new hairs, should be added that if they only create just above 100 new hairs each cm^2 and only 25 terminal that would not be a very cosmetic improvement. Though if they can repeat the process and these hair are not affected by dht that would basicly make it a cure

There is absolutely no data that can support this claim.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My point is that you should actually learn about the topic, understand the science, what they are doing, what results they've gotten in the past, what have they done to improve them, and what the limitations of their approaches are before parroting the company line. None of you are doing that.

Okay so now what? you are going to keep coming back and debating people non stop about something you dont believe in?

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I'm just trying to help some of you understand instead of misleading newbies. This is a discussion forum, not one for parroting snake oils. I never said that I "don't believe" in these companies, but that it was quite possible they would fail. My views aren't based on faith, if yours are, then reconsider.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on what they mean with vellus hair though, because in follicas papers it says neogenic. If velus hair is the small hairs you can see if you get the correct lighting in the mirror then i can regrow my hairline with only histogen. But if histogen means vellus is "peach fuzz" as i recon they do i probably will not regrow much. And if so what do you call the miniturized hairs that are only visible in certain lighting? AAnyways 100 hairs each cm^2 is not much either, even though i will probably use the treatment.

I'm not sure there's a difference. I think those both constitute "vellus" hair. I can tell you that I've been using minoxidil on my face and certain parts have gone from completely slick, to having those tiny blonde hairs you can only see in certain lighting, to eventually becoming terminal hairs that I can grow out.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I'm just trying to help some of you understand instead of misleading newbies. This is a discussion forum, not one for parroting snake oils. I never said that I "don't believe" in these companies, but that it was quite possible they would fail. My views aren't based on faith, if yours are, then reconsider.

I don't have faith in anything I am an atheist. If i was going to have blind faith in something i would turn to religion and pray.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica has shown nothing so far. They have only done 2 clinical studies (but they claim the Dhurat study as the third (dafuq?)). Their only registered clinical trial resulted in failure to meet endpoints (in their own words). They have a great approach, but a lot to prove before anybody in their right mind can be optimistic.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica has shown nothing so far. They have only done 2 clinical studies (but they claim the Dhurat study as the third (dafuq?)). Their only registered clinical trial resulted in failure to meet endpoints (in their own words). They have a great approach, but a lot to prove before anybody in their right mind can be optimistic.

I just told you i don't have 'faith' in anything.
this is why i find you disingenuous you act as if you said you just want to 'help' people yet you are insulting and dismissive.
"no one in their right mind'
LOL--yeah you want to help people understand
You just want to argue with people and be argumentative even when they are not arguing with you.
Keep going please tell me more how you want just want to help people understand.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely no data that can support this claim.

No, they have made 3 clinical studies

25% is not a random number, this is on the puretech paper. So please, read it before writing something about me ;)

The data are secretive. You can't find the results or Follica's clinical trials listed anywhere
. You don't understand that ?? liked you don't understand that a patent could be published many years after the filling date ? Sigh

" Follica’s three clinical studies of patients with androgenetic alopecia demonstrated hair growth
through target area hair count and/or hair follicle neogenesis through biopsy following TCP. Follica
views TCP as a foundational technique which could potentially be enhanced through the addition of
drugs. One of the three studies was a two arm study in which one arm received TCP plus placebo and
the other arm received TCP plus a drug which was being used in an exploratory manner to see if it
could enhance TCP. Both arms showed a statistically significant increase in hair growth
(a combination of vellus and terminal hair), but TCP enhanced hair growth to the same degree with or
without that particular drug, and therefore the study did not meet its primary endpoint. This resulted
in an impairment loss for PureTech with respect to its holding in Follica. PureTech subsequently led a
recapitalisation of Follica in 2013 pursuant to which PureTech gained control of Follica and also
obtained future royalties on net product sales
".

Last edited:

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score

25% is not a random number, this is on the puretech paper. So please, read it before writing something about me ;)

The data are secretive. You can't find the results or Follica's clinical trials listed anywhere
. You don't understand that ?? liked you don't understand that a patent could be published many years after the filling date ? Sigh

" Follica’s three clinical studies of patients with androgenetic alopecia demonstrated hair growth
through target area hair count and/or hair follicle neogenesis through biopsy following TCP. Follica
views TCP as a foundational technique which could potentially be enhanced through the addition of
drugs. One of the three studies was a two arm study in which one arm received TCP plus placebo and
the other arm received TCP plus a drug which was being used in an exploratory manner to see if it
could enhance TCP. Both arms showed a statistically significant increase in hair growth
(a combination of vellus and terminal hair), but TCP enhanced hair growth to the same degree with or
without that particular drug, and therefore the study did not meet its primary endpoint. This resulted
in an impairment loss for PureTech with respect to its holding in Follica. PureTech subsequently led a
recapitalisation of Follica in 2013 pursuant to which PureTech gained control of Follica and also
".

Dude its not even worth having to explain all this to someone who doesn't even take the time to research on his own, and spread false info. Just start linking to the thread where all this was initially discussed, and anyone who is interested in the truth can check the original thread. Great finds by the way Noisette :)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

".

Pure ownage.