Sm04554 Update To Follow! Encouraging. News Release

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay the reason I find SM04554 so tantalizing is actually quite simple. If we refer back to Cotsarellis presentation from 8th WHC, he discusses that hair follicle stem cell populations are actually still present just not actively proliferating and differentiating into progenitor cells. Samumed through the wnt pathway aims to replenish and regenerate the progenitor cell population. I think if you watch cots presentation from 2014 then watch samumeds presentation from RMS you'd get pretty excited as well.
this is the only reason i have more interest in samumed than other treatments.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
10% for 3 months is not bad, especially if new follicles are created. I'm curious if the new follicles are still DHT sensitive though. Even if you're happy with the regrowth (which will likely compound over time), it means you'd still need some of the other treatments like Histogen, etc.

I know Swoop and others have been critical of the 10%, but if it's truly new follicles then that's a big deal and leads me to think longterm use might be better than something like minoxidil.

Maybe they've secretly partnered w/ Folic :p

I know everyone wants a cure but if we have treatments that just slow down and increase density 10-20% each thats like getting chemical peels or facelifts once in a while--yeah we got to go back and get touch ups--but still its good news!!

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you aware of the risk on your health if you play on the Wnt pathway?

Lol, totally ! There is no risk to use wnt agonist if you use small dose. Totaly NO risk...Bye the way, i already use two wnt agonist ! One wnt agonisy 3 times a week and another twice a day...

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Either way, sh*t's gettin' real out there with hairloss

resu

Reaction score
If this and Follica create new follicles then with a thickening agent like minoxidil we could get some interesting results, specially with CB in the mix.

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, totally ! There is no risk to use wnt agonist if you use small dose. Totaly NO risk...Bye the way, i already use two wnt agonist ! One wnt agonisy 3 times a week and another twice a day...

what are those wnt agonist that you are using, are you getting results?

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
My prediction: Follica will only grow a few stray hairs, SM will have disappointing results and may never hit market because of concerns about cancer. Tsuji will only be able to produce a response on a fraction of his test subjects. Those are the success stories, so no comments about Replicel/Histo.

There, I said it.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My prediction: Follica will only grow a few stray hairs, SM will have disappointing results and may never hit market because of concerns about cancer. Tsuji will only be able to produce a response on a fraction of his test subjects. Those are the success stories, so no comments about Replicel/Histo.

There, I said it.

Don't feed him.