Sm04554 Update To Follow! Encouraging. News Release

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
No, they have made 3 clinical studies

25% is not a random number, this is on the puretech paper. So please, read it before writing something about me ;)

The data are secretive. You can't find the results or Follica's clinical trials listed anywhere
. You don't understand that ?? liked you don't understand that a patent could be published many years after the filling date ? Sigh

" Follica’s three clinical studies of patients with androgenetic alopecia demonstrated hair growth
through target area hair count and/or hair follicle neogenesis through biopsy following TCP. Follica
views TCP as a foundational technique which could potentially be enhanced through the addition of
drugs. One of the three studies was a two arm study in which one arm received TCP plus placebo and
the other arm received TCP plus a drug which was being used in an exploratory manner to see if it
could enhance TCP. Both arms showed a statistically significant increase in hair growth
(a combination of vellus and terminal hair), but TCP enhanced hair growth to the same degree with or
without that particular drug, and therefore the study did not meet its primary endpoint. This resulted
in an impairment loss for PureTech with respect to its holding in Follica. PureTech subsequently led a
recapitalisation of Follica in 2013 pursuant to which PureTech gained control of Follica and also
obtained future royalties on net product sales
".

Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself, there is information out there on Follica's clinical trials, however you just haven't done enough research where you are aware of it. I repeat, Follica has not done three clinical trials in humans period. If you know, then tell me where these three clinical trials happened. You won't tell me, not because they are "secretive" but because there is no third clinical trial.

As for the 25% number, it doesn't come from a research paper, it comes from the company's prospectus. Big difference. Again, there is no evidence that supports Follica's claim of 25% terminal hair growth. If so, please post the data. You won't, because you have not done your research.

It's safe to say that I have followed this firm a lot more closely than anybody on this thread, if not this whole forum. You are still at the stage where you are confused between Dermabrasion and dermarolling. You guys have a lot to catch up on.

Last edited:

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
That's going to make it super embarrassing if they can't fix hair loss.

Yep. Each time I read garbage news about being able to extend our lives past 150 years of age, living on Mars or some random miraculous cure and such, I remind myself that science still can't grow f*****g hair on my noggin'.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Each time I read garbage news about being able to extend our lives past 150 years of age, living on Mars or some random miraculous cure and such, I remind myself that science still can't grow f*****g hair on my noggin'.

The worst part is I'm at uni, so I'm always hearing about all the inane crap people are researching. The second you say to a scientist 'hey why don't you fix this supposedly trivial problem and help millions of people' they get pissed off because they think their stupid theory might help us make a hover board in 200 years.

And then there's the 'but it's a life time money guaranteed empire' business student who doesn't understand that most companies in the industry are run by dipshit scientists who spend ten years expecting money to fall into their laps because they think that businesses build themselves.

Coming here makes me feel so thankful that there are good people with a genuine passion for getting to the heart of their problem, otherwise we'd be at the mercy of greedy idiots. If only you guys could get funding!

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw, regarding whoever claimed we don't know how minoxidil works. We do know how minoxidil works, and it is that same reason that minoxidil will likely play a big role in Follica's procedure. Setipiprant will be a major help too as will finasteride.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, regarding whoever claimed we don't know how minoxidil works. We do know how minoxidil works, and it is that same reason that minoxidil will likely play a big role in Follica's procedure. Setipiprant will be a major help too as will finasteride.

So how does minoxidil work then?

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Once Follica comes out with this device and makes some $$, hopefully with some hair growth. They'll have a platform to introduce more topicals that will be more effective than what we have. Something like SM, if it is released would be a major addition.

IOW, Follica's release is just the beginning of and a platform for more research.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself, there is information out there on Follica's clinical trials, however you just haven't done enough research where you are aware of it. I repeat, Follica has not done three clinical trials in humans period. If you know, then tell me where these three clinical trials happened. You won't tell me, not because they are "secretive" but because there is no third clinical trial.

As for the 25% number, it doesn't come from a research paper, it comes from the company's prospectus. Big difference. Again, there is no evidence that supports Follica's claim of 25% terminal hair growth. If so, please post the data. You won't, because you have not done your research.

It's safe to say that I have followed this firm a lot more closely than anybody on this thread, if not this whole forum. You are still at the stage where you are confused between Dermabrasion and dermarolling. You guys have a lot to catch up on.

Lol :) I forgive you. So if I have not done enough research and I'm not aware about these informations, so please gentleman, give me source :) You're talking, writing some things but you have never giving some source :D

Follica have made 3 clinical studies. The phase 2 of the last one has finished when our great member Desmond84 interviewed Cotsarelis at the 8th world hair congress (2014).
Source: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/follica-and-dr-cotsarelis-interview.79565/

And yes, Follica have an Internal Clinical R&D so their datas are unpublished and secretives ! but you will tell us that everybody has wrong and you are the genius ;)

As you can see (not sure for that) on the following pic. Just below.
Cheers gentleman. Kiss.
follica.jpg

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
You evaded my question. Please tell me a) the location of these clinical trials and b) the intervention.

Btw you realize the photos in your image are from the Indian DR study?

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
You evaded my question. Please tell me a) the location of these clinical trials and b) the intervention.

Of course. I phone Cotsa' to invite him for dinner. I will ask him if he can share the datas. Promised.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

Says the guy that intentionally didn't hit the reply button when responding to @Swoop so it didn't tag him in his response...

Takeela370

My Regimen
Reaction score
So then they finished phase two in 2014 and have been doing phase 3 internally for around 2 years now?

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica wouldn't put that data point in a prospectus unless they had research to substantiate it; to do so without supporting data would be fraudulent and in violation of SEC law.
I know, I work in the securities industry.

In any case, if 100 vellus, or neogenic hairs are created, with 25% terminals (which I think is a very aggressive estimate), that's 25 hairs/cm, that's about 12.5 FUs/cm. That's actually fairly in line with my comment about a few sparse hairs being produced.

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, I work in the securities industry.

In any case, if 100 vellus, or neogenic hairs are created, with 25% terminals (which I think is a very aggressive estimate), that's 25 hairs/cm, that's about 12.5 FUs/cm. That's actually fairly in line with my comment about a few sparse hairs being produced.

Ok, but again, you could just go for a repeat treatment and potentially double the density to 25 FUs/cm. Three sessions and you're at a level where density isn't terrible either and anything beyond that would essentially be getting you back to NW1 status.

Between that and waiting years longer for Tsuji or relying the same garbage solutions from 20+ years ago is a welcome addition. Now, it'll be interesting to see where things go with compounding seeing a slew of other treatments will be right around the corner as well (Histogen, Samumed, Kythera and Replicel). I'm optimistic that we're going to be in for some good treatments in the near future.