Sm04554 (samumed) Has Started Phase Iii

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Possibly but I am taking much stronger drugs for that too.

LITHIUM: GSK3 (dropped in favour of PGE2)
SM-04554: GSK3 (1.5mg per day)
WAY-316606: SFRP1 (22mg per day)
WAY-262611: DKK1 (50mg per day)
ESTROGEN: DKK1 + GSK3 (6mg per day)
PGE2: GSK3 (4mg per day)

I privilege PGE2 and the 2 WAYs. I wouldn't be able to be recruited for a trial with this regimen and I honestly don't know how SM-04554 has been playing in that cocktail.
U r on a lot of drugs my man... What was ur Hair status prior to this regime and now?

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride + minoxidil is not a shitty treatment option at all. this is likely the best we have and it highly effective halting hairloss in basically everyone and possibility of strong regrowth. if this would even be remotely close to dutasteride it'd be crazy good

So, why would we care about a new drug that may not even be as good as drugs that are already available?

Only a fool would buy SM when they can better results from Dutasteride, right?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, why would we care about a new drug that may not even be as good as drugs that are already available?

Only a fool would buy SM when they can better results from Dutasteride, right?
Ummmmm maybe because not everyone wants to completely obliterate their hormones? If dutasteride didn’t do that Everyone would be on it... if I can find a treatment that does just as good as minoxidil and dutasteride and doesn’t f*** with my hormones sounds like a win to me.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ummmmm maybe because not everyone wants to completely obliterate their hormones? If dutasteride didn’t do that Everyone would be on it... if I can find a treatment that does just as good as minoxidil and dutasteride and doesn’t f*** with my hormones sounds like a win to me.

Are you sure that SM won't affect your hormones?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure that SM won't affect your hormones?
Nope we can’t be sure yet but the drug wasn’t designed to like dutasteride. Also doesn’t seem like ED, etc are side effects in these trials :)

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait until people realize that SM upregulates Wnt signalling which is implicated in cancer growth.
You’re right that is my fear. Hopefully we will get more info soon enough. Every Treatment looks like it has atleast one terrible drawback.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Many things are though but yeah we'll see what tests will reveal.
Will you believe them? The trials are being paid for by Samumed. You don't believe Merck's results so why would you believe theirs.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if topical work, the commitment to apply them meticulously in your hair into your scalp without missing doses is quite high.most people fail with that.so until u can do that topical are not worth.but injections are definitely better.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if topical work, the commitment to apply them meticulously in your hair into your scalp without missing doses is quite high.most people fail with that.so until u can do that topical are not worth.but injections are definitely better.

Millions of people seem to have no problem complying with the requirement to apply minoxidil twice a day. I can't imagine too many people keeping up with a dozen scalp injections daily. Anyway, you wouldn't want to inject SM as too much of it makes it less effective. .15% topically is all you want.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, Samumed doesn't have a bad past like Merck who lied about their tests, killed thousands of people with Vioxx and made a hitlist.

And so far short term it looks safe. But yes for long term we'll have to wait what it does but I feel much safer to use this than any hormonal crap.

After a while you'll apply a topical in less than a minute though. I don't see why a topical is bad.

Samumed doesn't have any past at all. There is no reason to trust them.

Finasteride looks safe short-term and long-term if you go by the trials, which is all you have to go by for SM. Anyway, I personally don't think it poses a risk. That won't stop people from freaking out about it when the first person posts on here that they got cancer from it, and you know they will say that.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wnt and cell signaling is addressing hair loss on a deeper level. That's what androgen in men who AR eprone to it impair. Wnt si flaming and cell regeneration. There are probably more pathways involved though. But it's not like burning down the entire house for the spider to die, more like burning down the kitchen only
Lets hope the spider is in the kitchen then

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Millions of people seem to have no problem complying with the requirement to apply minoxidil twice a day. I can't imagine too many people keeping up with a dozen scalp injections daily. Anyway, you wouldn't want to inject SM as too much of it makes it less effective. .15% topically is all you want.

A dozen? More like 5 times this to make it effective. Below an example on how it's done with another treatment. Now imagine doibg this everyday.

"Multiple, tiny, and virtually painless intradermal injections of the
solution were administered into the scalp skin. The injections
were given using an insulin syringe, with a 31G needle. These
injections were given in all areas of visible hair thinning and
alopecia. A total of 1.5 ml of solution was injected per session by
the nappage technique in the affected areas, once in 3 weeks, for
eight such sessions. Approximately 60–70 injections are given
per session to the scalp skin in the areas of hair thinning,
intradermally by the nappage technique, each injection
spaced
1 cm apart, the total volume per injection being 0.02 ml."

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait until people realize that SM upregulates Wnt signalling which is implicated in cancer growth.

Coming from the guy playing with SHH signalling lol

I was under the impression that SM was just a WNT disinhibitor so cancer isn't a major concern

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not, but we have folks out here saying finasteride will make you permanently impotent. Given how many people get cancer, you know tons of people on SM are going to get it coincidentally, and they are going to blame it on SM.

I wanna say people wouldn't be that stupid but let's be real, no one every lost money by underestimating their audience.

@nameless2 the mechanism SM uses to disinhibit the WNT pathway is completely separate from our hormones. And with that knowledge I'm sure there'll be a whole lot less nocebo ED too.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my self esteem is driven by past experiences, thing I have read and learn and experienced. I was not born an insecure man, nobody is. but I really dont want to make this great Samumed thread into a sh*t post again so lets rather not talk about this here

Yes so Sm04554. Great stuff. Can't wait. Its a shame the only people on this forum that claim to use it have it stacked with a million other things.

It might not be life changing by itself but it takes a unique angle on the WNT pathway so I see it working synergistically with everything else in a follica-type protocol

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes so Sm04554. Great stuff. Can't wait. Its a shame the only people on this forum that claim to use it have it stacked with a million other things.

It might not be life changing by itself but it takes a unique angle on the WNT pathway so I see it working synergistically with everything else in a follica-type protocol

I just can't put my hair faith all into something that weak.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have any information about how strong this implication is? (I don t talk about sasumed but WNT and SH pathway modification)
I mean activating the mTor pathway is also increasing cancer risk and you do that by eating red meat...
And when I recall an article i read read and processed meat increases cancer risk by 0.00025% (maybe even a zero more).
Which makes it neglectable for an individuum but stil relevant for a society.