Sm04554 (samumed) Has Started Phase Iii

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have any information about how strong this implication is? (I don t talk about sasumed but WNT and SH pathway modification)
I mean activating the mTor pathway is also increasing cancer risk and you do that by eating red meat...
And when I recall an article i read read and processed meat increases cancer risk by 0.00025% (maybe even a zero more).
Which makes it neglectable for an individuum but stil relevant for a society.

Not really. There might be some minimal risk with something like Gsk3b inhibition that isn't worth worrying about. Wnt and Hh direct agonism is where the concern lies. Time will tell just how big the risk is. The shh agonist drug I'm using has also been shown to bind to Fzd Wnt receptor and act as a partial agonist.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hang on can anyone find a source for SM's MoA? I've only seen it implied to modulate DYRK/CLK but that might not necessarily apply to SM04554, just their other drugs.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's irrational to freak out if only one person got cancer while on SM...but if multiple people got sick then we have reason for concern.

Anyway, my concern now is if it'll work or not but so far so good.

Also crazy we'll get a legit treatment next year if everything goes well...
You really think this will be on the shelves next year??

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You really think this will be on the shelves next year??

I have doubts about this drug and I've made negative posts about it that everyone has seen. My problem with this drug is that it only grew a few hairs in studies so far. That being said, if the ongoing phase 3 study proves that it grows a good amount of hair then I believe it will hit the market between October 2021 and February 2022.

The last treatment subjects will finish testing in January 2021. The company should have the data collected and collated for the FDA between May and July 2021. Then it will take about 6 months (OR LESS) for the FDA to make a decision.

So I also think this drug could hit the market next year, depending on its' efficacy at growing hair in the ongoing study. The drugs' results were weak in previous studies but those studies were much shorter than the ongoing study and that *could* make a big difference.

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanna say people wouldn't be that stupid but let's be real, no one every lost money by underestimating their audience.

@nameless2 the mechanism SM uses to disinhibit the WNT pathway is completely separate from our hormones. And with that knowledge I'm sure there'll be a whole lot less nocebo ED too.

If this drug doesn't cause hormonal issues like ED and gyno then of course that would be a dramatic improvement over present drugs *if* it arrests hair loss and grows a good amount of hair.

You positive guys are getting my hopes up. I kind of dismissed this drug after phase 2 but you guys are making me wonder...

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought it'd hit the market sooner in turkey?

It might hit the market sooner in Turkey but that's not a certainty. I think that if the FDA approved the parameters of the study, and if the company follows those parameters, then the FDA should process the paperwork as they usually do. It takes about 6 months (OR LESS) for the FDA to make a decision after all of the data is submitted to them.

And keep in mind that there could be Presidential pressure on the FDA in the case of new hair loss drugs because both Trump and Biden have undergone hair loss treatments. They both want their hair back. I don't think that means that the FDA will move faster than the law allows when it comes to a new hair loss drug but the FDA won't slow-walk the process either.

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this drug doesn't cause hormonal issues like ED and gyno then of course that would be a dramatic improvement over present drugs *if* it arrests hair loss and grows a good amount of hair.

You positive guys are getting my hopes up. I kind of dismissed this drug after phase 2 but you guys are making me wonder...

Won't cause any hormonal issues but its effectiveness should definitely be called into question. Attached their PDF with results so far and they look very inconsistent for the human trials.

Attachments

• international-dermatology-and-cosmetology-congress-03272019.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 194

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this stuff is currently being sold for >$200/g from chinese labs. What are the chances of it costing this much upon it's more official release?

Won't cause any hormonal issues but its effectiveness should definitely be called into question. Attached their PDF with results so far and they look very inconsistent for the human trials.

IMO I don't think it's cause for concern. The treatment only went for ~3months and then they checked the results ~1.5months after treatment finished, and in fact it showed an improvement at that point; I'm sure if there's a similar study for finasteride with same time frames it wouldn't be any better, and in fact would likely be worse.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the idea that trump pressures the fda to approve hair loss drugs is hilarious

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Trump has steered Department of Justice (DOJ) policy to suit his personal interests and he's made a point of having federal employees, including himself, use "Trump Hotels" all over the world. Some of your tax dollars are going to Trump properties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...27a7c6-3ec5-11ea-8872-5df698785a4e_story.html

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/6916...s-trips-to-florida-costing-taxpayers-millions

Trump is losing his hair and he takes treatment for hair loss, which means he does NOT want to lose his hair. It would be right up Trump's alley to pressure the FDA to make sure the FDA processes any breakthrough hair loss treatment fast the same way he has government employees use his hotels for his own benefit and the same way he's corrupted the DOJ to protect his interests as discussed in the below article.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...tment-officials-say-decisions-are-politicized

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the idea that trump pressures the fda to approve hair loss drugs is hilarious

Turkey isn't going to approve this drug until after the company submits an approval request to Turkey and the company won't do that until after they collect and collate all of the data, which is when they'll also submit the same info to the FDA. After the FDA receives the data they should make a decision in 6 months or less so I can't imagine Turkey getting it to market much sooner than the USA.

1. After the company completes the study they will collect and collate all the data.

2. After the company collects and collates all of the data they will probably submit approval requests to Turkey, the USA, and some other countries.

3. The USA will make a decision whether to approve or not in 6 months or less.

Given the above 3 items how could Turkey get the drug to market significantly faster than the USA?

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we not keep politics out of anything here? What is wrong with you people. I'm old enough to remember when politics wasn't injected into everything. Those were good times.

Your real complaint is that you don't want to see the opinions of people on the left.

Too bad.

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, people on the left are the ones who want to ban dissent.

You didn't complain about the politics being discussed until I spoke so you're the one trying to ban dissent.

You need to learn to cope.

And politics can come up as part of the discussion here since politics can affect when drugs come to market.

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The others were just discussing the chances of Biden or Trump pressuring the FDA to advance a hair loss treatment because it's a condition they suffer from. That is relevant to the discussion. You decided to use the opportunity to push your leftest talking points knowing full well that Obama weaponized the DOJ, the IRS, FBI, and every other federal agency against conservatives. It's ok for Lois Lerner to target conservative organizations with audits and to revoke their non-profit status solely because she didn't like their politics, but Trump is a fascist because he held a conference at Mar-a-Lago.:rolleyes:

This is my last post on it, so go ahead and get the last word. We already you're not a liberal, you're a Marxist, which is as illiberal as it gets.

BS.

The other posters snickered at my suggestion that Trump could pressure the FDA to approve new hair loss drugs fast and I responded by stating that Trump has already used the power of government to satisfy his self-interests and I backed my claim up with factual links. And since I provided factual proof that Trump does pervert government function to suit his needs, and since Trump wants hair treatment, this proves that my post was relevant to this discussion.

And now YOU are the one getting all political by making allegations against FORMER President Obama even though FORMER President Obama can no longer have any affect on when new drugs come to market. There is no reason for Obama or Lois Lerner to come up in a conversation about when drugs will come to market because they aren't part of government anymore, but you're a political hack so you do it anyway.

And I did NOT SAY that Trump is a FASCIST for holding a conference at his Mar-a-Lago hotel. I said Trump is CORRUPT for holding a conference at Mar-a-Lago so he could make the American taxpayer pay the hotel bill for all of the federal employees he took to Mar-a-Lago with him.

Last edited: