Sm04554 (samumed) Has Started Phase Iii

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
TBH I really don't care. I privilege the stuff that works. The rest comes and goes unless it becomes proven it works. Over time and thanks to people like yourself @pegasus2 who bring tons of invaluable information I became more selective.

As a reminder check the early post of @bridgeburn in hormonal road. He got victimized the same way at the beginning of his quest.

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a lotion.
I dont believe that we will get the results in january. First they have to analyze it.

We will get the results in march/april.

Ok, maybe not the results. But if this works like they say it does, we will see some photos in January.

There are more than 600 people involved in these trials, besides the company needs to show that this time things will be different.

We just have to wait for this awful (crappy sounds even better, I guess) year to be over and then we will begin a new chapter of our lives (if that doesn´t work, we will survive but what matters now is this COVID situation).

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe in monotherapy so I am using a cocktail to smash the decease as good as I can. When you don't know what the problem is, ypu need to attack it from multiple angles till something works. To be fair I bought one year of SM supply and added it to my nightly cocktail (the powder is reddish so can't walk out in the morning looking like a fire hydrant.) If I didn't have that stuff in my freezer knowing what I read now about their study today I would even consider using it but it's there so be it. It's a treatment that won't work for aggresive hairloss. There is better sh*t out there.
Do you do wounding? If so at what protocol?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you do wounding? If so at what protocol?
Microneedling is definitely making a difference. My hair just feel better. My scalp doesn't flake or itch so much. I can get a lot of benefits out of it beside the pain which I don't think I will ever get used to. I do 1.5mm fortnightly. I use 15% minoxidil and other vitamins. So it's not exactly Follica but so what...

EDIT: As discussed I also switched needles every time because I paid for a D2 not to tear my skin like a A6/A7 would do so I may as well use it wisely.

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're still using topical M with oral every day?
Yes. I always did. It's something I am holding to. I don't know why. Maybe I became superstitious with my initial regimen. My derm told me to drop it because it's very light compare to oral but f*ck it, I am still holding to it. The more VEGF I can get locally the better.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling is definitely making a difference. My hair just feel better. My scalp doesn't flake or itch so much. I can get a lot of benefits out of it beside the pain which I don't think I will ever get used to. I do 1.5mm fortnightly. I use 15% minoxidil and other vitamins. So it's not exactly Follica but so what...

EDIT: As discussed I also switched needles every time because I paid for a D2 not to tear my skin like a A6/A7 would do so I may as well use it wisely.
Samumed is an wnt upregulator. So it should be really well in conjunction with microneedling. Can you comment on that?
Did u needle before u used sm and did sm make a big difference?
Did you first started sm and when u added needling did it make a big change?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Are the vitamins topically applied? Not sure because you mentioned it along with minoxidil and needling.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are the vitamins topically applied? Not sure because you mentioned it along with minoxidil and needling.

Some are (Retoin / Biotin Tripeptide-1 / GHK-CU/ TB-500/ BP / IGF-1) some I swallow (B12 / Omega / Biotin / K2 / etc.) The list is extremely long and someday I should post an update

EDIT: I am also switching to scalp injections with hypodermic needles for better penetration on high Dalton compounds because it's more effective that way.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Samumed is an wnt upregulator. So it should be really well in conjunction with microneedling. Can you comment on that?
Did u needle before u used sm and did sm make a big difference?
Did you first started sm and when u added needling did it make a big change?

Possibly but I am taking much stronger drugs for that too.

LITHIUM: GSK3 (dropped in favour of PGE2)
SM-04554: GSK3 (1.5mg per day)
WAY-316606: SFRP1 (22mg per day)
WAY-262611: DKK1 (50mg per day)
ESTROGEN: DKK1 + GSK3 (6mg per day)
PGE2: GSK3 (4mg per day)

I privilege PGE2 and the 2 WAYs. I wouldn't be able to be recruited for a trial with this regimen and I honestly don't know how SM-04554 has been playing in that cocktail.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does feel like you're doing something to apply it directly to the scalp. I'm thinking about cutting it out after this bottle is empty just for simplicity and limiting the amount of alcohol/pg that goes on my poor scalp. I'll likely still apply it after wounding when absorption is increased.
I ordered monoxidile powder and mix it with my ethanol based lotion with Estradiol so it's not that big of a deal. But I hear you about having a burning scalp. Sometimes I feel I am gonna pass out.

EDIT: I used a Dermojet once to push stuff in my scalp and I did pass out after 10 times pushing 1mL. Not recommended!!!

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a sonicator to increase solubility. I don't think I would be able to dissolve using my Genie2 vortex mixer only.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
MXS is super unstable so it may work better to dissolvlle but you probably need to switch weeklly.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. Minoxidil isn't easy to dissolve, especially at 150mg. I thought about getting some minoxidil sulfate to add to my RU.

I use 2mLPG and dissolve MX into it. It's limit tfor 150mg but it works. I use ethanol to dissolve other stuff them sonicate the two.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be sad it's just his theory. This could be enough.

The only thing that matters are what the next trials will show us but so far it seems good to me.

And this is just your theory.

At least he can point to some poor final numbers to base his negative conclusion on whereas you can't point to any good final numbers to base your positive conclusion on.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird. Me and another user separately also bought SM. Mine is from Wuhan and it arrived as a white powder.
Where did you get yours from?
And what solvent are you using?
Because you say you add it to your nightly cocktail. It’s very hard to dissolve.

Did you get CAS 1360540-81-3? Did you get it tested? It should be red, and you should have no trouble dissolving it at 0.15%

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
CAS NO: 1360540-81-3 is red powder. I sent a pic of what I got. Very messy to deal with. If you didn't get this then I doubt you got the de
Weird. Me and another user separately also bought SM. Mine is from Wuhan and it arrived as a white powder.
Where did you get yours from?
And what solvent are you using?
Because you say you add it to your nightly cocktail. It’s very hard to dissolve.

From Kane who gets it from Wuhan anyway. It's entirely possible that there is SM in white powder depending how they compunded it. Solubility is in DMSO only and you need just 1.5mg s of powder so it's not a problem dissolving in that particular solvent. If you tried Ethanol or PG then you can flush it in the toilet and start a fresh batch.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My theory is based on the official samumed studies. So far it looks good yes, we'll have to wait for next year to know the results of their next more long term study.

The official Samumed studies showed regrowth but the number of new hairs was very small. I think minoxidil + dutasteride is growing more hairs so that means that based on official studies so far Samumed's product is not even as good as the shitty treatment combo already on the market.