Shiseido Hair Loss Clinical Trial To Begin

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found this abstract from 2006:

Long-Term Culture of Mouse Vibrissal Dermal Papilla Cells and De Novo Hair Follicle Induction

We have succeeded in culturing dermal papilla (DP) cells long term and developed new techniques that enhance their hair follicle-inducing efficiency in a patch assay. The outgrowing DP cells from mouse vibrissae were markedly stimulated by 10% fetal bovine serum–Dulbecco's modified essential medium that included fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2). Moreover, the potency of proliferation was maintained during serial cultivations (more than 30 passages). We combined these established DP cells with epidermal cells and implanted them subcutaneously into athymic mice to examine their hair follicle–inducing ability. New hair follicles were induced by dissociated DP cells at earlier passages (under passage 4), but the cells from later passages could not induce follicles. We next aggregated the DP cells to form spheres and then injected them with epidermal cells. Unlike the dissociated DP cells, the spheres made from the later passaged cells (more than 10 passages) did induce new hair follicles. We examined several genes specific for DP of anagen follicles and confirmed that their expression level was elevated in the spheres compared with their expression level in adherent DP cells. These results suggest that FGF-2 is essential for dermal papilla cell culture and that sphere formation partially models the intact DP, resulting in hair follicle induction, even by later passaged cells.

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/ten.2006.0304

Isn't this similar to what Replicel are doing? Are Replicel only using disassociated cells, which this study suggests are ineffective after 4 passages?

What I find interesting is that two of the Doctors involved in this research ten years ago were from Shiseido.

One of them was Jiro Kisimoto, who is one of the lead doctors working for Shiseido as part of the Replicel rch-01 partnership. He even appeared in a video discussing rch-01.

I wonder if Shiseido plans to use their own technology to improve on rch-01.

It wouldn't make sense for Dr. Kisomoto to only work with disassociated cells (if that is what straight Replicel tech is) if he already knew these to be ineffective from his own research.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Clear you don't understand finance/equities.
Already down to .60, on its way under a quarter again. How much have you lost so far with your superior understanding of finance/equities? Lol Fools and their money

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Field saddle donor is slim .
Why persist hair .
DHT insensitive beard .
Culturing beard is a good choice .
beard grows very slowly
This is just one problem.

Last edited:

fs686

My Regimen
Reaction score
#notanargument Explain how I'm wrong.

Edit: In before you explain how reverse splits work, as if I'm some kid.

You're wrong beause would you rather have two nickels or a dime of digital currency. There is stigma attached to reverse splits but they don't indicate anything about the future or change underlying financials. Now shaddap newb

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're wrong beause would you rather have two nickels or a dime of digital currency. There is stigma attached to reverse splits but they don't indicate anything about the future or change underlying financials. Now shaddap newb

As evidenced by the decline, the smart money agrees with me. A reverse split with solid financials is not necessarily a bad thing, if it is accompanied by a reduction in the A/S. For a company with no revenue, it's a way to sell stock to find operations. Shareholders never win in that situation. If you are investing in equities, you need to study up before you lose everything, kid. And stay away from penny stocks.

fs686

My Regimen
Reaction score
As evidenced by the decline, the smart money agrees with me. A reverse split with solid financials is not necessarily a bad thing, if it is accompanied by a reduction in the A/S. For a company with no revenue, it's a way to sell stock to find operations. Shareholders never win in that situation. If you are investing in equities, you need to study up before you lose everything, kid. And stay away from penny stocks.
No you're a retard and you don't know what your talking about. I'm an actuary working in finance. this is probably some hair brained idea you heard on mad money. Gg retard

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you're a retard and you don't know what your talking about. I'm an actuary working in finance. this is probably some hair brained idea you heard on mad money. Gg retard
I don't watch CNBC, and you don't impress me with your salaried job. That tells me you're not much of an investor when you have to work for someone else on salary. You're also a jerk, so I hope you do lose everything.

By the way, you should learn the difference between your and you're. It doesn't make you look good when you incorrectly use the possessive form when calling someone a retard.

PrinceWilliamThe2nd

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have written a article about Shiseido. No new information. Still might be interesting for some;

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/shiseido-stem-cell-regeneration/

"The androgens Testosterone and Dihydrotestosterone bind to the androgen receptor located at the surface of these very cells."

5-AR is not a cell surface receptor:

"Further extensive subfractionation and extraction studies identified the rat liver Type 1 5 alpha-reductase as an integral membrane protein present in the outer nuclear membrane of the nuclear envelope and in rough endoplasmic reticulum."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7672444

"In the normal rat prostate, 5 alpha-reductase was localized in the cytoplasm of most epithelial cells in the ventral, dorsal, and lateral type 1 (L1) lobes."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8852431

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
5-AR is not a cell surface receptor:

"Further extensive subfractionation and extraction studies identified the rat liver Type 1 5 alpha-reductase as an integral membrane protein present in the outer nuclear membrane of the nuclear envelope and in rough endoplasmic reticulum."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7672444

"In the normal rat prostate, 5 alpha-reductase was localized in the cytoplasm of most epithelial cells in the ventral, dorsal, and lateral type 1 (L1) lobes."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8852431

I wasn't talking about 5-AR though but the androgen receptor. But you are right technically the AR is located not at the surface but also in the cytoplasm. Can't remember I even wrote that tbh lol. Thank you for seeing that.

fs686

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't watch CNBC, and you don't impress me with your salaried job. That tells me you're not much of an investor when you have to work for someone else on salary. You're also a jerk, so I hope you do lose everything.

By the way, you should learn the difference between your and you're. It doesn't make you look good when you incorrectly use the possessive form when calling someone a retard.

Now you resort to grammar trolling - i am typing from an iphone and don't care about it because I have advanced degrees and don't need to impress anyone on the internet with spelling and grammar. I would rather reduce my trigger thumb inflammation by typing less, I used the correct contraction a moment before in the same sentence. Now it is super clear you have no clue what your talking about, since you also seem to have a belief that picking stocks is how investing is done. That may have been true 60 years ago but not today, surefire way to underperform the market. So you are just an angry kid with some movie knowledge about investing arguing about reverse stock splits on the internet, furiously wikipedia'ing to try and gather some ammunition to argue with and pretend you have a real understanding. So sad.

MihailV

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now you resort to grammar trolling - i am typing from an iphone and don't care about it because I have advanced degrees and don't need to impress anyone on the internet with spelling and grammar. I would rather reduce my trigger thumb inflammation by typing less, I used the correct contraction a moment before in the same sentence. Now it is super clear you have no clue what your talking about, since you also seem to have a belief that picking stocks is how investing is done. That may have been true 60 years ago but not today, surefire way to underperform the market. So you are just an angry kid with some movie knowledge about investing arguing about reverse stock splits on the internet, furiously wikipedia'ing to try and gather some ammunition to argue with and pretend you have a real understanding. So sad.
@fs686
Can you please tell us what you think about what is happening to replicel stocks?
I would be interested to know from a person with specialization in stock markets what is the prediction for a business with this kind of behavior.
From my research is normal for stocks to drop (in such a business) but i am a noob in stock markets so ... if you can and want please tell us more about what are the most possible outcomes.

Thank you!

fs686

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know, I don't do equity research. The company may have deterioration of their financials in the latest quaterly results (or whatever the equivalent is in Japan), or poor clinical trial outcomes recently announced, or bad outlook from analysts on the street released in a new report. Could be a lot of things, also could be nothing. By nothing I mean it could be random movement and not something systematic. i.e. a drunk trying to walk a straight line will randomly trend up and trend down but ultimately stay on target over a long path. 1 week of data does not a trend make. The only thing I can say for sure is that the impact of a reverse stock split is 0.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Tl;dr. You bore me.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@fs686
Can you please tell us what you think about what is happening to replicel stocks?
I would be interested to know from a person with specialization in stock markets what is the prediction for a business with this kind of behavior.
From my research is normal for stocks to drop (in such a business) but i am a noob in stock markets so ... if you can and want please tell us more about what are the most possible outcomes.

Thank you!

He doesn't know anything. All he does is call people names, but he doesn't give any arguments to the contrary. The best investment advice I ever got was from a relative who runs a large fund for wealthy investors. He said never take advice from the salaried monkeys, if their advice was any good they wouldn't be punching a clock.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
derp a derp i am an important investor, nominal value is important, stock splits wipe out investors, my uncle knows carl icahn, listen to me and elevate my forum status, derp derp.

For real bro was the last word that important? Can we keep on track like blackber asked?

Mister_you

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if this a new addition to their webpage?

I know they've had stuff listed on their website for awhile pertaining to this trial but it's been in limbo forever.

If it is new then it's good news like @Vincent777 said.

Yeah it Seems like its recent, they posted about it on their twitter yesterday

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    577.5 KB · Views: 465