Shiseido Hair Loss Clinical Trial To Begin

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, they say time flies. With respect to this trial, these three years will be as slow as retired snails for me.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
...you're kidding, right?

This is the entire point of RepliCel's tech. Their end goal was to hopefully regrow follicles, but it looks like that's not the case. I don't have to link you to anything because you can go to RepliCel's website, read about it, read their Phase I results, find other links, watch videos etc. The idea is that by injecting cup sheath cells from resistant hairs on the back of the head, the damage done to the cells in the weakened hair is healed and should inherit the resistance of the cells from the hair at the back and sides.

I repeat for the last time: Even the hairs in your donor area could shrink as you get older so those cells from your donor area are not immunized from DHT. Millions and millions of men are experiencing donor follicle miniaturization as they age.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't say for sure or not if they are immunized to DHT that's true but they are at least a lot more resilient. It could take 10 or 20 or more years for that to even be a problem and by then there will be far superior treatments. It's an issue yes but one that doesn't need to be worried about too much

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I repeat for the last time: Even the hairs in your donor area could shrink as you get older so those cells from your donor area are not immunized from DHT. Millions and millions of men are experiencing donor follicle miniaturization as they age.

Yeah I've noticed the old men thing.

So how will cloning even work if cells are taken from the donor area to make cloned hairs?

We should hope that the embryonic clones begin their life from Day Zero. There is good chance of this, as it was recently announced that cloned sheep of Dolly the sheep have aged at a normally rate, not faster as it was once thought.

So hopefully the embryonic hair germs will also start afresh.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I've noticed the old men thing.

So how will cloning even work if cells are taken from the donor area to make cloned hairs?

We should hope that the embryonic clones begin their life from Day Zero. There is good chance of this, as it was recently announced that cloned sheep of Dolly the sheep have aged at a normally rate, not faster as it was once thought.

So hopefully the embryonic hair germs will also start afresh.

Everyone here has noticed it. The posters shrugging off this issue are kidding themselves.

There are a lot of old men with very sparse hairs in their donor area. Those hairs are often kind of course, fine, and ugly. It would be better than bald but the people here would be disturbed about it if they found themselves with it down the road. NO woman is going to feel good about it on her head although she will like it more than being bald.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys will just never be satisfied.

What do you honestly expect? Do you really expect to have the same quality hair when you're an old man/woman that you had when you were a teen? It's called getting OLD. Your skin, your muscles, your eye sight, your teeth etc. will all deteriorate as you get older and then you die.

Get a grip and be happy with the potential of some of these treatments.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Some of you guys will just never be satisfied.

What do you honestly expect? Do you really expect to have the same quality hair when you're an old man/woman that you had when you were a teen? It's called getting OLD. Your skin, your muscles, your eye sight, your teeth etc. will all deteriorate as you get older and then you die.

Get a grip and be happy with the potential of some of these treatments.

Since you presently hope for better looking hair this shows that down the road when you're thin, sparse, brittle, Replicel-hair is looking bad all over your entire scalp you will be depressed about it all over again.

Last edited:

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hypocrite much?

Out of one side of your mouth you tell other people to be happy with hair that doesn't look good and out of the other side of your mouth you hope to make your own hair look better. And since you yourself presently hope for better looking hair this shows that down the road when you're thin, sparse, brittle, Replicel hair is looking bad all over your entire scalp you will be complaining about it.
Putting words in my mouth much?

Do I want my hair to look better? Yes, what 28 yr old with thinning hair wouldn't.

Do I expect my hair to look as thick, healthy and pigmented when I'm 65 as it did when I was 15? No.

Even men that don't suffer from male pattern baldness have hair that thins out as they get older, it's a part of life.

Clearly the point I was trying to make about one's body deteriorating being a part of life went right over your head but that doesn't surprise me.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Putting words in my mouth much?

Do I want my hair to look better? Yes, what 28 yr old with thinning hair wouldn't.

Do I expect my hair to look as thick, healthy and pigmented when I'm 65 as it did when I was 15? No.

Even men that don't suffer from male pattern baldness have hair that thins out as they get older, it's a part of life.

Clearly the point I was trying to make about one's body deteriorating being a part of life went right over your head but that doesn't surprise me.

Yes everyone gets old but nobody don't likes it. Nobody. If they give you good looking hair today and it gets ugly in 10 years then you'll be right back in a hair website depressed about it. I promise. We need to think ahead. We want this problem solved forever.

Sorry about the sarcasm in my previous post. You're an intelligent gentleman poster. I posted the sarcasm without realizing it was you because you've changed your icon.

Peace!

Last edited:

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When i regrowth my hair i will move to stopagingforum.com or increaseyourheightforum.com or makeyourdickbigger.com and befamousandrichforum.com
There is so much to do... meh...

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes everyone gets old but nobody don't likes it. Nobody. If they give you good looking hair today and it gets ugly in 10 years then you'll be right back in a hair website depressed about it. I promise. We need to think ahead. We want this problem solved forever.

Sorry about the sarcasm in my previous post. You're a good poster. I posted the sarcasm without realizing it was you because you've changed your icon.

Peace!
I don't like being 28 years old never mind any older lol.

No harm no foul man. male pattern baldness makes all of us get a little edgy sometimes.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even the resistant follicles in the back of the head will get short and fine over time. Have you never seen how old men have very sparse thin short hairs in the back of their heads later in their lives? Walk around the malls one evening and you'll see 20 guys like that after a couple hours.

I have not researched this at all, so forgive my ignorance but - if this were an obstacle, could they potentially take cells from follicles elsewhere on the body? like the back or chest?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score

incorrect.
donor hair thin over age (average 30%) due to the exhaustion of stem cells (i.e. normal senescence).
that's evident for secondary pilii.
the dht sensitive follicles in a donor are approx 10% in non dupa cases.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
@nameless is getting annoying, nobody knows if Replicel and Sheisido will provide satisfactory results, we can all just wait and hope for the best and wait for the updates. I've given up on them since they weren't starting the trials for 6-7 months so the news that they are finally starting is exciting.

Too many people are already declaring Replicel a cure.
I'm just pointing out the potential negatives so posters
don't get their hopes up too high. SM04554 taught me
that we need to keep our eyes open for the negatives.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Some people just desperately want treatments to fail for whatever baffling reason or lack thereof.

Nope. Some treatments just fail on their own without anyone hoping they will fail.

Of course I want it to be a breakthrough. I just see the facts we presently have
being more negative than positive at the moment. Of course I would be happy to
see new evidence that is positive and I'm keeping an open mind to new evidence
but for right now Replicel looks more negative than positive. Hopefully there will be
good news soon that will move the scales to the positive side. All we can do is wait
for more evidence.

Last edited:

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Too many people are already declaring Replicel a cure.
I'm just pointing out the potential negatives so posters
don't get their hopes up too high. SM04554 taught me
that we need to keep our eyes open for the negatives.

I agree, and it's a good intention.
The problem is, if you try to back (some of) your statements with weak/wrong scientific arguments, then it sounds like you just want to dismiss it.
A simple "guys, feet on the ground until it's an effective treatment on the market" would work much better imho.