Shiseido Hair Loss Clinical Trial To Begin

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I've noticed the old men thing.

So how will cloning even work if cells are taken from the donor area to make cloned hairs?

We should hope that the embryonic clones begin their life from Day Zero. There is good chance of this, as it was recently announced that cloned sheep of Dolly the sheep have aged at a normally rate, not faster as it was once thought.

So hopefully the embryonic hair germs will also start afresh.

The hair cloning (from the donor area) will work for a different amount of time for each person. If you're donor area is pre-determined to produce short, thin, weak hairs at 30 then that could mean that all over your head you will have short, thin, weak hairs at 30 years old. It's different for each of us and nobody knows what is the date it will happen to them. Nobody knows when their donor area is going to start producing weaker hairs. I've seen it in 20 year old men and I've seen it in 60 year old men.

We need more evidence. My only point is that there are some negative possibilities to consider.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, and it's a good intention.
The problem is, if you try to back (some of) your statements with weak/wrong scientific arguments, then it sounds like you just want to dismiss it.
A simple "guys, feet on the ground until it's an effective treatment on the market" would work much better imho.

Of course I don't WANT to dismiss it.
I'm just saying that right now the evidence looks more negative.
If they come up with some good news I'll be ringing the clock tower
bell and singing halleluiah with everyone else. I just need some positive
evidence before I get on the positive bandwagon.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I have not researched this at all, so forgive my ignorance but - if this were an obstacle, could they potentially take cells from follicles elsewhere on the body? like the back or chest?

I guess they could but as people age they get less and hair all over their entire body.
I don't know what the answer is to this. They will need a continual source of cells. I wonder
if they could "freeze" some for later cultivation????????

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder
if they could "freeze" some for later cultivation????????

Yes, stem cells can be cryopreserved.

I doubt Shiseido would offer this service though due to the storage space requirements and the cryopreservation would likely cost a lot more than the hair regeneration. No way they'd offer it for free. Who knows if they could freeze the collagen they culture it in, though? Maybe they'd have to transfer it to some other medium and that would disrupt the process.

Could even be that when they'll send the cells out, they may arrive cryopreserved, though. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Someone posted that Replicel is calling the hair loss of the test subjects in the treatment group "Shock Loss" and if that's correct does that mean that Replicel isn't including those (shock) losses in the overall data concerning how much hair growth was achieved?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone posted that Replicel is calling the hair loss of the test subjects in the treatment group "Shock Loss" and if that's correct does that mean that Replicel isn't including those (shock) losses in the overall data concerning how much hair growth was achieved?

They included it in the overall data, but that 11% increase does not include it. That one was an average of the 10 best responses out of the 16 participants. When the "shock losses" and the rest of the 16 participants are used in the overall data the increase is 6.1% above base line.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
They included it in the overall data, but that 11% increase does not include it. That one was an average of the 10 best responses out of the 16 participants. When the "shock losses" and the rest of the 16 participants are used in the overall data the increase is 6.1% above base line.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And how can they even say for sure what is and isn't shock loss versus Androgenetic Alopecia loss?

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up.

And how can they even say for sure what is and isn't shock loss versus Androgenetic Alopecia loss?

or straight up Telogen Effluvium?? what is this "shock loss" crap. It's a cushy term hair transplant surgeons throw around to not scare the sh*t out of their patients. It's called telogen effluvium and it's way more severe than what they coin "shock loss"

MihailV

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good for us, bad for the shareholders lol
Why is it bad for shareholders?
The value of a share does not drop or rise based on only this restructuration. A value of a share will just represent the value of 10 so you will not have 10 shares only one.
Indeed over the past 5 years replicel shares have been going down but it's normal in this type of business. If sheisedo will be successful the value of a share could rise up to 10 times if not most likely they will go down for good.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is it bad for shareholders?
The value of a share does not drop or rise based on only this restructuration. A value of a share will just represent the value of 10 so you will not have 10 shares only one.
Indeed over the past 5 years replicel shares have been going down but it's normal in this type of business. If sheisedo will be successful the value of a share could rise up to 10 times if not most likely they will go down for good.

It's bad because of the coming dilution that it signals. Current shareholders will ultimately be wiped out.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have written a article about Shiseido. No new information. Still might be interesting for some;

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/shiseido-stem-cell-regeneration/

Swoop why are you hopeful about this?
They already did one study with this stuff and the results were poor.
Do you know something that I don't know?
Have they made fundamental changes to the treatment?

@nameless, they haven't made any fundamental changes. But I'm very interested in long term data of this treatment with repeated dosing etc. I'm hopeful of this treatment yes.

For Tsuji however I'm beyond hopeful and I think it's literally going to work (as long as they get the culturing part right). I'm surprised you are not hyped for that too nameless .:D

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I have written a article about Shiseido. No new information. Still might be interesting for some;

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/shiseido-stem-cell-regeneration/

@nameless, they haven't made any fundamental changes. But I'm very interested in long term data of this treatment with repeated dosing etc. I'm hopeful of this treatment yes.

For Tsuji however I'm beyond hopeful and I think it's literally going to work (as long as they get the culturing part right). I'm surprised you are not hyped for that too nameless .:D

I am VERY hyped for Tsuji. I believe that Tsuji is the cure as long as they can do it at the commercial level. If they can make this work at the commercial level then I am literally certain Tsuji will cure hair loss. And I do think they will be able to make it a viable commercial treatment.

Johannes Johnson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am VERY hyped for Tsuji. I believe that Tsuji is the cure as long as they can do it at the commercial level. If they can make this work at the commercial level then I am literally certain Tsuji will cure hair loss. And I do think they will be able to make it a viable commercial treatment.
Can anyone tell me why Tsuji has been hyped as the cure.

Can it really bring a NW7 back to a NW1?

The only real cure I can see happen for sure is cloning donor hair.

What is the Tsuji mechanism? A basic explanation would be nice.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Clear you don't understand finance/equities.
#notanargument Explain how I'm wrong.

Edit: In before you explain how reverse splits work, as if I'm some kid.

NeedHair101

Reaction score
Last edited: