Status
Not open for further replies.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

JayMan said:
Johnny24601 said:
Either Cutsinger or Gardener is a liar and should not be allowed on this website.....which one is it?

Johnny you have a lot of nerve accusing Gardener of fabricating the IP's. He just posted a screenshot proving it

I'm guessing that Johnny's being sarcastic.

G

Just stop it Cutsinger. I was a mod till 3 days ago and all he has to do is click the ip button next to your name and it lists all the people who have posted from that IP. It only showed two names under one of the IP's you used: yours and diamond dave's. There's no way to screw it up.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

JayMan,
You are being a little sensitive as I accused no one! I am simply saying that someone is right and someone is very wrong in this situation and it needs to be dealt with properly.
Now, if you wanted my opinion based solely on what I have read on this forum, Cutsinger is a total fraud. This much is fact, if two posts originated from the same IP address, then they are coming from the same computer.
It's unfortunate that someone in this situation is being falsely accused, but I have a feeling that there will be swift vindication in short order. i look forward to that.

Cutsinger is God

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Just stop it Cutsinger. I was a mod till 3 days ago and all he has to do is click the ip button next to your name and it lists all the people who have posted from that IP. It only showed two names under one of the IP's you used: yours and diamond dave's. There's no way to screw it up.

Up yours JayMan, I am pissed as hell. I think I would know if I made up another person and I am not running am I . I want the top guys other than The Gardener to look into this. I wouldn't have a clue how to do what you are suggesting. I don't even know how to cut and paste that's how computer illiterate I am.

G

Johnny24601 said:
JayMan,
You are being a little sensitive as I accused no one! I am simply saying that someone is right and someone is very wrong in this situation and it needs to be dealt with properly.
Now, if you wanted my opinion based solely on what I have read on this forum, Cutsinger is a total fraud. This much is fact, if two posts originated from the same IP address, then they are coming from the same computer.
It's unfortunate that someone in this situation is being falsely accused, but I have a feeling that there will be swift vindication in short order. i look forward to that.

Yes obviously somebody is lying but the chances of it being Gardener are impossible. He's been a poster on here for a long time and unless he photoshopped that screenshot, he's correct.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, I'd be a little cautious about making such accusations, if I were you. A couple of years ago on another site, I was accused by an unstable poster of being Dr. Proctor, just because my IP address was running in the same general range of addresses as his (he and I were using the same ISP here in Houston at that time). For that reason, I'm a little sensitive to others when the issue of the possiblity of making false claims comes up. I'll admit that it's a little suspicious if they were using the EXACT SAME address within five minutes of each other, but nevertheless....be cautious when making such claims, please.

Bryan

Cutsinger is God

Established Member
Reaction score

JayMan said:
Johnny24601 said:
JayMan,

Yes obviously somebody is lying but the chances of it being Gardener are impossible. He's been a poster on here for a long time and unless he photoshopped that screenshot, he's correct.

Yes, obviously somebody is lying and I can't wait myself to find out who the hell it is because it's not me. The Gardener either made these numbers up or he doesn't know what he's doing.

G

Bryan said:
Guys, I'd be a little cautious about making such accusations, if I were you. A couple of years ago on another site, I was accused by an unstable poster of being Dr. Proctor, just because my IP address was running in the same general range of addresses as his (he and I were using the same ISP here in Houston at that time). For that reason, I'm a little sensitive to others when the issue of the possiblity of making false claims comes up. I'll admit that it's a little suspicious if they were using the EXACT SAME address within five minutes of each other, but nevertheless....be cautious when making such claims, please.

Bryan

Bryan,

Gardener said all 4 numbers matched. There's over 2 billion unique IP addresses.

Two guys, who both joined the site recently, both do all their posting about the shampoo theory, what are the odds? They're in the millions, Bryan.

So here's what I'm saying. IF all 4 numbers match, they're the same person. It's just that simple.

The Proctor thing is different since you said a range which is certainly possible since you're both from the HOUSTON area. But two people can't have the same IP at once unless they're on the same small network(like sharing an internet connection) or it's the same person.

P.S., Bryan, these guys claim to be from very far apart geographical locations. No way one is from the MIdwest and one from the East using th e same IP on the same site.

G

The only way it would be possible for the above to happen would be if one of them, say Cutsinger, was using a proxy to connect through Diamond Dave's computer to HairLossTalk.com. That's the only way I know of. but WHY would they do that? Neither are IP banned from the site currently, so it's bs.

G

Again, 2 billion + unique IP's.

2 billion. Think about that guys. It's more than a little suspicious. It's a higher probability than DNA testing to exonerate or convict people.

Cutsinger is God

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Gardener said all 4 numbers matched.

Yes, that is my problem at this moment. GARDENER SAID. Yes, would some moderator with no ties to The Gardener please check out this deal. There's absolutely no way Diamond Dave and I have the same IP address.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Bryan is correct.

Some ISPs and networks have dynamic IP assignment, which means that the IP number changes each time you log on.

This can give the impression that two people who might belong to that same network are posting from the same IP.

But to have it happen within 5 minutes of each other, and there being multiple occurrences of it, lessen the odds of this impression.

It's still not impossible!.. but that double hit this morning is extremely suspicious.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jayman, am I not right in thinking that the screenshot wouldn't look like that unless ALL the numbers were the same?

G

UK1 said:
Jayman, am I not right in thinking that the screenshot wouldn't look like that unless ALL the numbers were the same?

You are absolutely correct buddy. So the only way for it not to be the same IP is if Gardener photoshopped it and why the hell would he go to that trouble?

Gardener,

it is true that dynamic ip's change every time you log on, but you keep that IP the whole time you're logged on, so the fact that as you said, they both had the same one for one point, proves it's the same person.

I know all about dynamic. I used to have AOL so mine would change every time I logged on. But no one ever had the same IP as me while I was using mine, because that was MY ip.

Like I said, it's like DNA.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Gardener....please bring this IP circus of yours to the attention of Cassin.
I know he will intelligently look at this scam of yours and see you for the clown you are.
I know he will sugar-coat the issue to save you the embarrassement of being the Barney Fife of HairLossTalk.com.

You have now gotten this out of hand and I do not want to get banned because you have no clue what you are doing.

I don't expect you'll be man enough to apologize after Cassin settles this sillyness.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Holy smokes... in checking ALL of the IPs in this thread that both Dave and Cutsinger are posting from, since this morning they have CONSISTENTLY been the 152 address.

Both usernames, alternating posts, yet both using the exact same IP.

That pretty much rules out the effect of the dynamic assignment.

EDIT: Whoops, in the post right above this Dave now has a new one! Did you log in and out?

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:
I know he will intelligently look at this scam of yours and see you for the clown you are.
I know he will sugar-coat the issue to save you the embarrassement of being the Barney Fife of HairLossTalk.com.

You have now gotten this out of hand and I do not want to get banned because you have no clue what you are doing.

I don't expect you'll be man enough to apologize after Cassin settles this sillyness.

lmao, who's barney fife?

Its game over dude.

Cutsinger is God

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave, I am from Wisconsin. What state are you posting from? This guy really is Barney Fife honest to God.

Cutsinger is God

Established Member
Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:

Yes Dave, I agree. I want this Cassin guy to look into this. This guy is totally over his head in this matter. It really is like when Andy Griffith left for a week and Barney was in charge of Mayberry. He had the entire town locked in the jail cell. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.