Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Same but how do you plan on taking the powder and transferring it into the capsules? Just fingers?
Put the powder in a small bowl, weigh 100mg or any other dose, put it in a capsule. Now that you know how much you have to fill your caps, open them one by one and put the same amount of powder in each of them by putting the open caps in the bowl with your -previously washed- hands.

If you want to take 100mg, it doesn't matter if some caps are filled with 85mg and others with 115mg, and it saves a lot of time. I made 250 caps in one hour like that.

Joshuk

Reaction score
im getting my seti in a couple of weeks in the meantime im using OC- ethanol but at 70mg a day which is way higher than anyone has used i think.. most people were using 10-20mg so its alot more i can tell you that using the high does OC mixed with neogenic destroys sebum and scalp itch my scalp is so dry that when i dermaroll it leaves little white marks over the scalp... its kinda funny im also gonna use seti at 250mg a day so i should have the PGD2 angle sorted.

just thought i would add that in to give you an idea of the results of PGD2 inhibtion.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
im getting my seti in a couple of weeks in the meantime im using OC- ethanol but at 70mg a day which is way higher than anyone has used i think.. most people were using 10-20mg so its alot more i can tell you that using the high does OC mixed with neogenic destroys sebum and scalp itch my scalp is so dry that when i dermaroll it leaves little white marks over the scalp... its kinda funny im also gonna use seti at 250mg a day so i should have the PGD2 angle sorted.

just thought i would add that in to give you an idea of the results of PGD2 inhibtion.
Why such a high dose for seti? just to be sure..?

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
How is the Seti working for you, Vlatch?
Nothing new, really, same amount of hair. I've been taking it for 3 months now (first 200mg/day, now 400mg eod), but I also take 0.5mg of dutasteride every two weeks, which is a low dose, but not homeopatic either.

I started treatment with dutasteride in August 2014 and my hair has thickened a bit, I'd be ready to replace it completely with seti if I began to see success stories with it though.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing new, really, same amount of hair. I've been taking it for 3 months now (first 200mg/day, now 400mg eod), but I also take 0.5mg of dutasteride every two weeks, which is a low dose, but not homeopatic either.

I started treatment with dutasteride in August 2014 and my hair has thickened a bit, I'd be ready to replace it completely with seti if I began to see success stories with it though.

Hows the inflammation doing? And whats your reasoning behind using EOD? From other user reports I've heard they need to dose once in AM and once in PM to keep the "itch" dead round-the-clock.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hows the inflammation doing? And whats your reasoning behind using EOD? From other user reports I've heard they need to dose once in AM and once in PM to keep the "itch" dead round-the-clock.
About the inflammation, I've started using a sulfate-free shampoo with piroctone olamine, which has had a magical effect on it. No itch, compared to any other anti-dandruff or anti-itching shampoo it's a total bliss.
So, I can't really say, with or without seti I'm good.

I use 400mg eod because the lowest dose used during the trials was 500mg and I wanted to make sure I had an effective dose of seti at least every two days. I'd take it every day if I could afford it.
Of course 100mg every day could be just as effective, it's pure speculation for now.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Come on be bold. Drop the dutasteride ;).

Why hasn't a single person shown cosmetic benefit from the compound though? If it works upstream it should have a cosmetic benefit similar to anti-androgens/5ar inhibitors in some people. All I keep hearing is the same thing as people experienced with OC459. Beautiful stories of decreased shedding and itch, that's all. I'm going to hold on before being conclusive about this angle with the next group of people, but I fear that this isn't even going to touch finasteride in terms of effectiveness.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

Why hasn't a single person shown cosmetic benefit from the compound though? If it works upstream it should have a cosmetic benefit similar to anti-androgens/5ar inhibitors in some people. All I keep hearing is the same thing as people experienced with OC459. Beautiful stories of decreased shedding and itch, that's all. I'm going to hold on before being conclusive about this angle with the next group of people, but I fear that this isn't even going to touch finasteride in terms of effectiveness.

**** that's so disappointing.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score

I agree that regrowth should take place with the absence of pgd2. Sort of like when people have mild psoriasis and when it clears, hair growth resumes and hair returns. In terms of finasteride, eh.. i think setipiprant holds a good position against finasteride. I still had inflammation on finasteride and even still have it on dutasteride. Still loosing hair, still itchy, etc.. Seti is like the missing link for a decent treatment. No inflammation has to do something in terms of maintenance and some regrowth. Plus, seti is supposed to extend anagen so that would bring back hair that is continuously cycling and miniaturizing due to pgd2/androgen.

FiveMore

Reaction score
About the inflammation, I've started using a sulfate-free shampoo with piroctone olamine, which has had a magical effect on it. No itch, compared to any other anti-dandruff or anti-itching shampoo it's a total bliss.
So, I can't really say, with or without seti I'm good.

I use 400mg eod because the lowest dose used during the trials was 500mg and I wanted to make sure I had an effective dose of seti at least every two days. I'd take it every day if I could afford it.
Of course 100mg every day could be just as effective, it's pure speculation for now.

Can you share the shampoo? My scalp is on fire and nizoral really dries my hair out.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that regrowth should take place with the absence of pgd2. Sort of like when people have mild psoriasis and when it clears, hair growth resumes and hair returns. In terms of finasteride, eh.. i think setipiprant holds a good position against finasteride. I still had inflammation on finasteride and even still have it on dutasteride. Still loosing hair, still itchy, etc.. Seti is like the missing link for a decent treatment. No inflammation has to do something in terms of maintenance and some regrowth. Plus, seti is supposed to extend anagen so that would bring back hair that is continuously cycling and miniaturizing due to pgd2/androgen.

You lose hair on dutasteride? Look at this clinical study; https://gsk.sylogent.com/files/114264-Clinical-Study-Result-Summary.pdf.

dutresults.jpg

Literally everybody stayed at or above baseline on a 1 year period on dutasteride in this study. Even finasteride has shown to be effective to stay above or at baseline levels in 9/10 people over a 5 year period (90%). It's pretty impressive that you still lose hair on dutasteride seeing the data above, don't you think?

Reaction score

Thanks for the update. Just out of interest why are you doing EOD on Seti when the half life is around 12 hours? Surely, it would be better to take 100mg twice a day?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
You lose hair on dutasteride? Look at this clinical study; https://gsk.sylogent.com/files/114264-Clinical-Study-Result-Summary.pdf.

dutresults.jpg

Literally everybody stayed at or above baseline on a 1 year period on dutasteride in this study. Even finasteride has shown to be effective to stay above or at baseline levels in 9/10 people over a 5 year period (90%). It's pretty impressive that you still lose hair on dutasteride seeing the data above, don't you think?

What do you think I'm lying lol? I use name brand avodart and yea, I AM STILL LOSING HAIR. I don't care what a chart says. I lost on finasteride BAD and dutasteride IS NOT HELPING EITHER. It does bother me that studies show results that people don't receive. I don't even get sides from these drugs one bit so maybe I am a non responder "if that's actually possible"

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think I'm lying lol? I use name brand avodart and yea, I AM STILL LOSING HAIR. I don't care what a chart says. I lost on finasteride BAD and dutasteride IS NOT HELPING EITHER. It does bother me that studies show results that people don't receive. I don't even get sides from these drugs one bit so maybe I am a non responder "if that's actually possible"

I do believe you but you are a rare case/extremely unlucky if you lose hair on dutasteride :).