Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

g.i joey

Reaction score
So in the end if all this seti and pge2 stuff works we will still have to stay on finasteride?

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
So in the end if all this seti and pge2 stuff works we will still have to stay on finasteride?

I haven't been around here for too long, but it's my understanding that Seti will do what finasteride does, which is to arrest shedding. Neither help significantly with regrowth.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I will probably stay on dutasteride even if both of those drugs end up actually working well...but I have aggressive hair loss...and I am not experiencing sides on dutasteride...also the dutasteride I am taking is avodart from walgreens

FiveMore

Reaction score
I haven't been around here for too long, but it's my understanding that Seti will do what finasteride does, which is to arrest shedding. Neither help significantly with regrowth.

Too soon to really say that. We have literally no data except a few guys taking it here.

CarlJohanson

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would stay on finasteride or dutasteride if seti becomes available and works.
I won't stay on finasteride. I don't feel good about taking it.

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering if anyone would stay on finasteride or dutasteride if seti becomes available and works.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't, and I think most people wouldn't, which is kind of the point of seti imo.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Seti stopped my hair loss, I'd drop finasteride immediately. What's the point?

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Most likely the different drugs will enhance each other. So, perhaps some people can get away with only finasteride (maybe only seti as well), but some people will need the extra power. If CB0301, seti, and bim all show at least some effect on hair, imagine combining all of them with finasteride and minoxidil. Most of these drugs (not sure with bim and minoxidil) attack different pathways which will make them enhance the effects. If cb, seti and bim work, a my wild guess would be that we have a really great cocktail for maintaining hair for a very long time and possibly reversing hair loss to some extent.

cupido

My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone trying PGE2 only? i want to know if its better then minixidil only for comparison .

logikmtr

Reaction score
Honestly I will probably stay on dutasteride even if both of those drugs end up actually working well...but I have aggressive hair loss...and I am not experiencing sides on dutasteride...also the dutasteride I am taking is avodart from walgreens

This isn't aimed directly at you, dusty, but something to consider for everyone thinking about using both drugs at the same time.

Reducing DHT with finasteride accomplishes the same thing as seti, but it does so much farther upstream. 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors like finasteride are too wide of a brush to be painting with, so to speak... so like vlatch says, this is sort of the point of seti... pinpoint the end of the chain that affects hair, and leave everything else alone so we don't negatively affect sexual function and brain function, or whatever else we may be doing to our bodies.

Seti accomplishes the same thing, but pinpoints the target that has more to do with actual hair loss (pgd2 and its receptors). Combining the two drugs probably won't get you better results. Below is a capture from the Kythera presentation that hellouser originally shared, with finasteride added in for comparison.

Capture.jpg

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Most likely the different drugs will enhance each other. So, perhaps some people can get away with only finasteride (maybe only seti as well), but some people will need the extra power. If CB0301, seti, and bim all show at least some effect on hair, imagine combining all of them with finasteride and minoxidil. Most of these drugs (not sure with bim and minoxidil) attack different pathways which will make them enhance the effects. If cb, seti and bim work, a my wild guess would be that we have a really great cocktail for maintaining hair for a very long time and possibly reversing hair loss to some extent.

Very Nice post , We have to attack Hairloss from different angel to reverse balding or at least get some significant regrowth.

I agree with you , the best way is research more about Cotsarelis and gene which is related to baldness and also study about PGE2 and PGD2 .

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there also people who use it only topical?

FiveMore

Reaction score
Is there also people who use it only topical?

Yes I know hellouser is using topical only. He will have a log coming but is probably waiting to see what the results will be. No point in a log after a month or even 2 as these treatments will take time to take effect.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Maybe with pge2 and seti we could get by taking super low doses of finasteride .1-.25 I'd be willing to do that but I'm most excited for this stuff just SO I could drop finasteride. Although I don't suffer sides, it's nice to have the peace of mind of not wondering what's gonna happen when I stop finasteride after a couple years of taking it.

jasonbourne

Reaction score
Maybe with pge2 and seti we could get by taking super low doses of finasteride .1-.25 I'd be willing to do that but I'm most excited for this stuff just SO I could drop finasteride. Although I don't suffer sides, it's nice to have the peace of mind of not wondering what's gonna happen when I stop finasteride after a couple years of taking it.

so seti is supposed to last a lot longer than finasteride for the same or better effects right?

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
No topic work, or its effects are very weak. For something it works must enter into our bodies, and have side effects.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
How long and how many have now been on setipiprant and/or PGE2? Aren't we getting closer to about 3 months now?

Can't hardly wait for the updates! Kinda mostly excited to see if PGE2 causes regrowth.

Setipiprant stopping inflammation on users tells us that it's atleast doing something.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
u dont even know what u r talking about

Elder , You know I always respect you as a nice person.

But you were on this forum more than 2 years with less than 5 posts , recently you just start posting and all you do is make a fun from users, I don't think it will help

anybody , If you think people have wrong information you can just help them through that or ignore them , Not making fun of them.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Where can you get oral [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Setipiprant?[/FONT]