Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
do any of the setipiprant users have anything to report yet? Even if its side effects related in terms of how your body has reacted to it...

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I know hellouser is using topical only. He will have a log coming but is probably waiting to see what the results will be. No point in a log after a month or even 2 as these treatments will take time to take effect.

Based on the research done on setipiprant to date, is there any reason to believe that it might work in a topical formulation?

Just for comparison, if finasteride would have worked topically, wouldn't that have been a way to deliver it? Anything to lower systemic absorption and target specific tissues would have been a desirable target. But finasteride never had efficacy as a topical, so doesn't that suggest a similar problem with seti as a topical?

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any dosing studies on seti that would suggest the safe dose range for human long term use?

Are there any efficacy studies that would confirm the minimum dose at which PGD2 is affected. Even better would be a dose response table that shows the percentage of PGD2 likely inhibited at different doses of seti.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes agree with that. At least 4 mounts we have to wait. I hope he has some results..

FiveMore

Reaction score
Based on the research done on setipiprant to date, is there any reason to believe that it might work in a topical formulation?

Just for comparison, if finasteride would have worked topically, wouldn't that have been a way to deliver it? Anything to lower systemic absorption and target specific tissues would have been a desirable target. But finasteride never had efficacy as a topical, so doesn't that suggest a similar problem with seti as a topical?

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any dosing studies on seti that would suggest the safe dose range for human long term use?

Are there any efficacy studies that would confirm the minimum dose at which PGD2 is affected. Even better would be a dose response table that shows the percentage of PGD2 likely inhibited at different doses of seti.

Well we really don't know the answer to any of those questions. It's an experimental drug. It might not be effective topically, we have to find out. A dose response table won't be available for quite some time, likely only if it is released.

Finasteride is a tablet because that is much easier than dropping liquid onto the scalp. It was never formally tested as a solution.

Asthma trials tested it up to 1000mg. Many people say these trials failed, but I think the drug was effective for asthma. It just didn't outperform any currently available drugs. Therefore not worth $$$ bring to market. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
I finally received my Setipiprant today. I will take 150 mg per day orally.
I have read in this thread and other places that I need to put it into gel capsules - WHY?! What difference will it make if i swallow the powder as it is, compared to swallow it embedded into a gel capsule? I don't get it.
What if i put the powder in a glass of water and drink it?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I finally received my Setipiprant today. I will take 150 mg per day orally.
I have read in this thread and other places that I need to put it into gel capsules - WHY?! What difference will it make if i swallow the powder as it is, compared to swallow it embedded into a gel capsule? I don't get it.
What if i put the powder in a glass of water and drink it?

It doesn't make a difference. Just easier to put them in gel capsules and make a batch for a few weeks isn't it - pop them along with your multivitamins? And might not taste as nasty!

irishdub

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes agree with that. At least 4 mounts we have to wait. I hope he has some results..

Isn't Seti meant to be similar to finasteride? Hoped to be a better version of finasteride without the sides?
If finasteride can thicken up your hair within a few weeks, well people already on Seti two or three months must surely being noticing something of noteworthy or perhaps not is the case.

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't Seti meant to be similar to finasteride? Hoped to be a better version of finasteride without the sides?
If finasteride can thicken up your hair within a few weeks, well people already on Seti two or three months must surely being noticing something of noteworthy or perhaps not is the case.

It took four months for my hair to start thickening on finasteride that seems understandable though considering growth cycles are every three months. As far as i am aware the seti users have been taking it for a few months now. I am as intrigued as you as to their progress, i cant understand why they are so quiet. I have just ordered a small quanitity of seti from Kane until the batch is ready in 5 weeks time in the group buy i am in. I will be sure to post back with regular updates as time goes by.

- - - Updated - - -

It took four months for my hair to start thickening on finasteride that seems understandable though considering growth cycles are every three months. As far as i am aware the seti users have been taking it for a few months now. I am as intrigued as you as to their progress, i cant understand why they are so quiet. I have just ordered a small quanitity of seti from Kane until the batch is ready in 5 weeks time in the group buy i am in. I will be sure to post back with regular updates as time goes by.

irishdub

Established Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. In my case, finasteride thickened up my hair within three to four weeks. I did experience an awful shed.Yep, I'm intrigued about Seti, although there seems to be abit of a mystery surrounding it from users. Perhaps understandable, nothing to report on thus far could be the case. I will withhold ordering Seti for now myself. Eagerly await news though on it from people currently experimenting with it.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Do you also going to test the Seti from Kane? purity

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
When did people receive their first batch of seti? it's a bit uncanny that there hasn't been a word said by anyone experimenting with the drug. This leads me to believe that those taking it have not had remarkable improvements yet. I understand people don't want us to jump to conclusions about its efficacy, but you would think a slight indication of any progress would have been made already. Blah had high hopes for this drug.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
When did people receive their first batch of seti? it's a bit uncanny that there hasn't been a word said by anyone experimenting with the drug. This leads me to believe that those taking it have not had remarkable improvements yet. I understand people don't want us to jump to conclusions about its efficacy, but you would think a slight indication of any progress would have been made already. Blah had high hopes for this drug.

You will get yours by the next 3 weeks and will find the answer my friend :)

I think there is some other reasons that they don't wanna share their result , Although 1-2 months is too soon to report but it doesn't

convince me to Seti result is not remarkable .

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Both hellouser and another user here have reported they noticed their itch and inflammation gone, just a few weeks in to seti. That other user (page 20 or something) said his shedding had almost completely stopped.

That is some pretty fast results in noticing change. If their results are true to what they think - that's pretty darn good.

Could it be that because seti is theoratically attacking the problem at it's roots, we're seeing faster results?

FiveMore

Reaction score
Both hellouser and another user here have reported they noticed their itch and inflammation gone, just a few weeks in to seti. That other user (page 20 or something) said his shedding had almost completely stopped.

That is some pretty fast results in noticing change. If their results are true to what they think - that's pretty darn good.

Could it be that because seti is theoratically attacking the problem at it's roots, we're seeing faster results?

I think seti will be comparable to finasteride. At least that is the theory. Same result just tackling the problem further down the chemical reaction line.

with that said it could be better I just wouldn't see why it would be. I'm no doctor or scientist though. I sell real estate lol.

FiveMore

Reaction score
It would be nice for anyone on seti to give a quick yes/no as to whether others should get on.

The stuff is definitely an investment.

Not to mention the more people on it the wider range of results we can pull from

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be nice for anyone on seti to give a quick yes/no as to whether others should get on.

The stuff is definitely an investment.

Not to mention the more people on it the wider range of results we can pull from

just starting mine tonight, got it from kane packaged as OC to get around customs because its still under patent...have got some gelatin gel caps from amazon and some scales are on the way tomorrow...

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
just starting mine tonight, got it from kane packaged as OC to get around customs because its still under patent...have got some gelatin gel caps from amazon and some scales are on the way tomorrow...

Same but how do you plan on taking the powder and transferring it into the capsules? Just fingers?

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
Same but how do you plan on taking the powder and transferring it into the capsules? Just fingers?

the gelatin capsules i bought are quite big, i just put the powder into the caps with the end of a sharp knife... Keep everyone updated with your progress and experience please, i will do the same...