Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news is that provided that inhibiting PGD2 is enough to stop hair loss then Seti could actually help people who don't respond to anti-androgens because it will act more directly and avoid the increase of testosterone that one gets from finasteride / dutasteride.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do believe you but you are a rare case/extremely unlucky if you lose hair on dutasteride :).

I do wonder if there's a way to know beforehand if you're more likely to respond badly to dutasteride. Anything in your bloodwork that could indicate it - having high T for example. The 20% boost, or whatever it is, from dutasteride, could be why some people claim dutasteride didn't work on their hairline. Because all that Testosterone could be damaging too, regardless of the DHT inhibition. Purely broscience but there are so many people claiming dutasteride ate their hairline that I do believe there's some truth in the loose theory that some people's frontal hair is more sensitive to androgens in general, not just DHT.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
"dutasteride ate their hairline"

Lol. In that case could finasteride also eat your hairline since it also increases T to a degree. My whole front is thinning despite being on finasteride (and maybe even faster since starting it).

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do wonder if there's a way to know beforehand if you're more likely to respond badly to dutasteride. Anything in your bloodwork that could indicate it - having high T for example. The 20% boost, or whatever it is, from dutasteride, could be why some people claim dutasteride didn't work on their hairline. Because all that Testosterone could be damaging too, regardless of the DHT inhibition. Purely broscience but there are so many people claiming dutasteride ate their hairline that I do believe there's some truth in the loose theory that some people's frontal hair is more sensitive to androgens in general, not just DHT.

Look at the clinical trial on the previous page though. At the 1 year mark literally nobody turned out worse in the frontal region. The following study; http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(06)01287-4/abstract notes that "scalp" DHT decreased by 51% with 0.5mg dutasteride and 79% with 2.5mg dutasteride. Scalp testosterone increased significantly though 99% with 0.5mg dutasteride and 222% with 2.5mg dutasteride. However change in DHT scalp level was inversely correlated with hair count. Expert panel rating on the frontal area by photographic evaluation showed a improvement too in this study.

I do agree with you there have been quite some anecdotal reports of worsening of the hairline. It doesn't align with clinical data though right? If it is true in certain individuals then I can't explain the phenomenon, can you? Perhaps in some individuals the hair follicles in the front are that susceptible to miniaturizing that the action of dutasteride isn't sufficient (T increase and some DHT is still active). So it doesn't actually eat people their hairline but with or without dutasteride the hairline would vanish anyway and people like to blame it on the dutasteride? How much weight do we really need to give those anecdotal reports?

Anyway adding a strong androgen receptor antagonist in combination with finasteride/dutasteride is always a option. That is quite a waterproof method.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
There have been some talk about the oral doses of about 150 mg perhaps not being enough, but finasteride seems to produce almost the same results at 0.25 as in 1 mg. Does setipiprant work in a different way?

How much did setipiprant lower pgd2 levels in the studies?

FiveMore

Reaction score
There have been some talk about the oral doses of about 150 mg perhaps not being enough, but finasteride seems to produce almost the same results at 0.25 as in 1 mg. Does setipiprant work in a different way?

How much did setipiprant lower pgd2 levels in the studies?

There are no human studies done yet for hair loss. it shouldn't lower pgd2 directly but blocks pgd2 from binding to receptor crth. Anatagonist just means it limits the action, in this case indirectly by making sure it doesn't activate receptor.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

It really depends on what you're going for. 150mg orally won't be enough for someone who is looking to maintain solely on Seti. But would still be a helpful addition to any regimen. We don't even know if maintenance is possible at all yet even with high doses. I just mean people on 150mg daily have reduced itch/shedding, and the same with people on topical doses, whereas some people pushing the boat out on 400mg have killed itch and shedding completely. For the people who don't itch or shed, their progress is harder to gauge. Hardly conclusive but from these anecdotes it looks like it will be dose dependent, and we'll need higher doses. Within the next few months we'll have many, many more people using Seti so we can get a better idea of the dosage required.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable.

One more question if anyone can answer, how do yall weight up in milligrams? Can you buy regular scoops which measures good?

sunchaser

Reaction score
Sounds reasonable.

One more question if anyone can answer, how do yall weight up in milligrams? Can you buy regular scoops which measures good?

check amazon/ebay for scales that weigh in miligrams. Costs next to nothing.

deniak

Reaction score
Look at the clinical trial on the previous page though. At the 1 year mark literally nobody turned out worse in the frontal region.
If I read it correct 10 guys didnt end trial. Its 8% of participants. Maybe they had some other issues, maybe their situation gets worse so they dropped treatment?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I read it correct 10 guys didnt end trial. Its 8% of participants. Maybe they had some other issues, maybe their situation gets worse so they dropped treatment?

Hmm.. Well they mention that it's due to subjects withdrawal of informed consent? Don't have a clue what they mean by that honestly? Doubt it would be of worsening of hair state.

Joshuk

Reaction score
thought i would give an update of my changed regime i am using since yesterday 400mg of seti split 200 in the morning and 200 after dinner, also i have dropped finasteride and have replaced it with CB-03-01 50mg a day mixed in neogenic so hopefully this is the new side effect free potent hair combo "fingers crossed"

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice dude, let us know how it goes. I'll be using CB/Seti too with the goal of maintenance.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
We are now nearing the four-month mark I believe since the first users got hold of seti.

Is anyone in contact with these users and able to ask when they will be ready to share their results here? It would mean alot.