Setipiprant Does Work, But Only On Really Really High Doses.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2Gr of seti is doing nothing for you?

Hard to tell yet because it's a maintenance drug and I'm not one to usually have a problem with excessive shedding or itching, so no way to judge it's immediate benefit. In a few months time I'll have a good idea of what it's actually doing as I have aggressive hair loss and it's my only maintenance treatment.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 3 months into just over 2G a day seti, and I have recently quit RU58841. My hair has started shedding and I'm getting 'the itch' real bad (which doesn't usually happen) I'm wondering if this is a reaction from quitting RU but I hoped seti at this dose (with nizoral as well) would be able to at least calm this itching down.

2G a day gotta cost you so much monthly right ?..

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell yet because it's a maintenance drug and I'm not one to usually have a problem with excessive shedding or itching, so no way to judge it's immediate benefit. In a few months time I'll have a good idea of what it's actually doing as I have aggressive hair loss and it's my only maintenance treatment.
But has your hairloss become worse?
No sleeping issues?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it has not become worse in that time. In the first couple weeks I was waking up multiple times a night and had trouble getting to sleep but it's all fine now, taking it earlier before bed helped me adapt to it ( I've found 5+hours to be the sweet spot) I don't even get dry lips anymore so I have absolutely 0 side effects.

2G a day gotta cost you so much monthly right ?..

Roughly £350 a month inc shipping, not cheap but if it works I don't care about the price.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it has not become worse in that time. In the first couple weeks I was waking up multiple times a night and had trouble getting to sleep but it's all fine now, taking it earlier before bed helped me adapt to it ( I've found 5+hours to be the sweet spot) I don't even get dry lips anymore so I have absolutely 0 side effects.

Roughly £350 a month inc shipping, not cheap but if it works I don't care about the price.

yep if you can pay it why not try !! i guess i'm not lucky being a poor college student... :(

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if seti is just a maintenance drug at 2G a day, which was supposedly the recommended dose if you want regrowth, then is fevi the real regrowth drug? I get no sides from finasteride (full year sample) or dutasteride (6 months sample, a few years ago), so if this is just like finasteride/dutasteride but topical and with no sides then it would be a big waste of money for me then, or anyone that gets no sides from finasteride/dutasteride.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if seti is just a maintenance drug at 2G a day, which was supposedly the recommended dose if you want regrowth, then is fevi the real regrowth drug? I get no sides from finasteride (full year sample) or dutasteride (6 months sample, a few years ago), so if this is just like finasteride/dutasteride but topical and with no sides then it would be a big waste of money for me then, or anyone that gets no sides from finasteride/dutasteride.

but some people only gets sides after couple of years

Ohwait

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been following this thread for sometime.
Due to West’s endeavours i decided to try and go the seti route in mid January.
I’m diffuse probably would be a Norwood 5 pattern if I hadn’t started to try and treat this disease 20 years ago.
I’ve been on seti 2g a day for 9 weeks.
I took baseline photos of my crown but not my hairline before starting seti.
I read about all the sleep disruption problems and every other issue that some on here seem to feel they exhibit?
Took them all at face value.
First day I convinced myself I couldn’t sleep!
I could, I just convinced myself that all the various members worries and anxieties were correct.
Anyway after 20 years of maintaining somewhat although losing ground for the last 3-5.
Shedding has completely stopped and am sprouting new hairs all over the hairline.
Proper hairs not vellus!
I’ll be happy to post some pics if this continues over the next couple of months.
I’m not imagining this.
Seti at 2g is not cheap!
But it’s been a revelation so far.
I think West was right that one size doesn’t fit all.
I just felt compelled to try and give something back after all the useful info I’ve read here.
Good luck and thanks to you all.
I bought my seti from Lyphar, haven’t had the purity tested.
I’ve taken worse drugs :)
Hope this helps some of you.

Peace out

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’m diffuse probably would be a Norwood 5 pattern if I hadn’t started to try and treat this disease 20 years ago.
I read about all the sleep disruption problems and every other issue that some on here seem to feel they exhibit?
I could, I just convinced myself that all the various members worries and anxieties were correct.
Anyway after 20 years of maintaining somewhat although losing ground for the last 3-5.
Shedding has completely stopped and am sprouting new hairs all over the hairline.
Proper hairs not vellus!
I’ll be happy to post some pics if this continues over the next couple of months.
I’m not imagining this.
Seti at 2g is not cheap!
I just felt compelled to try and give something back after all the useful info I’ve read here.

Peace out
I can somewhat attest to this. Been on seti 2 grams a day for about a month now. Itch is virtually gone. Its virtually stopped my shedding. I still shed a little but I don't believe that is from Androgenetic Alopecia. I think its just my natural hair cycle at this point. As a kid I had ridiculous thick hair like a dog and would always shed. Hopefully I can get some little regrowth since the past 5 months I've shed like crazy before I got on.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can somewhat attest to this. Been on seti 2 grams a day for about a month now. Itch is virtually gone. Its virtually stopped my shedding. I still shed a little but I don't believe that is from Androgenetic Alopecia. I think its just my natural hair cycle at this point. As a kid I had ridiculous thick hair like a dog and would always shed. Hopefully I can get some little regrowth since the past 5 months I've shed like crazy before I got on.

do you thing seti at 500 mg would be good to slow down a bit or its not worth it... when will we see this meds price goes down ? so expensive ..

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
do you thing seti at 500 mg would be good to slow down a bit or its not worth it... when will we see this meds price goes down ? so expensive ..
Hard to say, I believe seti's strength based on dose is different for every person who takes it. It would be something you would need to play around with.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seti is very promising and seems to be effective for sure. It's just a matter of whether Allergan finds it financially worth bringing to market and how much they could realistically charge for it.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Proper hairs not vellus!
I’m not imagining this.
Seti at 2g is not cheap!

Peace out

hey guys, im just letting you know if you getting good results with seti alone, you would get insane results if added PGE2 on top of that.

Seti is mainly for maintenance and PGE2 is for regrowth.

The catch 22 is that you need to be on Seti for PGE2 to work.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys, im just letting you know if you getting good results with seti alone, you would get insane results if added PGE2 on top of that.

Seti is mainly for maintenance and PGE2 is for regrowth.

The catch 22 is that you need to be on Seti for PGE2 to work.

Hey @westonci ,

Not sure if you know the answer but when you’re finally satisfied with the Re-growth from PGE2, could you discontinue it and just stick with Seti to maintain what you’ve gained, or will you always need to use PGE2? I’ve just read on another thread that PGE2 can effect skin and accelerate aging.

In terms of sides, have you noticed any change in the quality of your skin?

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey @westonci ,

Not sure if you know the answer but when you’re finally satisfied with the Re-growth from PGE2, could you discontinue it and just stick with Seti to maintain what you’ve gained, or will you always need to use PGE2? I’ve just read on another thread that PGE2 can effect skin and accelerate aging.

In terms of sides, have you noticed any change in the quality of your skin?

Not really, havent noticed anything.

Do you have a link?

You might be thinking PGE1 i.e Minoxidil

Nextjohns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any updates on seti guys? I'm currently on 300mg a day now.

Had to stop finasteride because of bad sides.