Setipiprant Does Work, But Only On Really Really High Doses.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may need to try topical.

I did read somewhere that seti interferes with adenosine to some extent and can cause an increased of it. That would explain the drowsiness. Also last night was a bizarre sleep for me. I am a really light sleeper usually, and l will tend to wake a few times in the night. Always dream. Last night I didn’t wake up at all and i hard the most intense insane dreams, but still it was like a really deep, heavy sleep like when you take sedatives. Actually that’s exactly how I would describe it. It feels like I’ve taken sedatives, and yet when I woke up with my alarm i felt like I hadn’t slept. Weird. I still took 500mg this morning and will take the same dose this evening. Currently after this mornings dose I feel pretty vague and tired and like there’s the same haze in my head. My eyes are quite dry currently also. It could very well be that the combination of AA’s and seti causes the reaction, but plenty of guys on the private forums are taking a similar regimen of duta/seti and I have only really seen about 4-5 people say that they feel tired from it.

Do you prepare the seti with a capping device? Thinking about buying Seti, i much prefer oral over topical.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experience exactly the same issues as soon as I take the smallest amount of seti. 100%.

It got me thinking and I reckon there are several issues why this might occur:
-the seti we have is impure (unlikely as Lyphar's was tested several times)
-the seti somehow interferes with anti-androgens (not sure if this makes sense, but AAs already deplete PGD2 to some extent, we are both taking AAs and I haven't seen another guy taking both)
-our bodies cannot handle seti (most likely)

I just tried finasteride again, but I just cannot cope with the brain fog. Will temper off from tomorrow on and try oral seti again once my system has cleared.

So f*****g annoying when you are not able to take anything. The good thing is my Kane seti should arrive soon...

Did you try topical finasteride?

Like oral minimum effective dose seems to be 0.25mg. That would be dropping three 5mg tabs into 60ml minoxidil.

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you try topical finasteride?

Like oral minimum effective dose seems to be 0.25mg. That would be dropping three 5mg tabs into 60ml minoxidil.
I will do as soon as kane's seti arrives.

But I am not confident. My hair loss is very aggressive so I have to start with quite a strong batch. And my body appears to be super sensitive as literally everything that I apply comes with intolerable side affects. I still have thick hair, but currently there is just nothing out there that I can take. Finasteride completely arrested my hair loss after 3 months, but the side effects are unbearable....

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will do as soon as kane's seti arrives.

But I am not confident. My hair loss is very aggressive so I have to start with quite a strong batch. And my body appears to be super sensitive as literally everything that I apply comes with intolerable side affects. I still have thick hair, but currently there is just nothing out there that I can take. Finasteride completely arrested my hair loss after 3 months, but the side effects are unbearable....

My comment was fully about finasteride not seti. You could try tiny dose topically and see if you get sides as well from that.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can you buy this and which is the last working protocol with all the ingredients? I want to get started with this.
Alibaba.

I don’t knkw what you means by “last working protocol”. It depends on what you respond to. Just because something worked for someone else doesn’t mean it will for you. I’m living proof of this wth almost every damn treatment

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alibaba.

I don’t knkw what you means by “last working protocol”. It depends on what you respond to. Just because something worked for someone else doesn’t mean it will for you. I’m living proof of this wth almost every damn treatment
Won't Allergan trials prove once and for all if Seti works or not?

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the drowsy side effect after my very first morning dose, not prior to sleep. I don't think your assumption here is correct.

That's weird you shouldn't be drowsy from seti, it should be the opposite. Every one will react differently tho like how I get sleepy when I drink Coffee. You should get it tested, just to be safe.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's weird you shouldn't be drowsy from seti, it should be the opposite. Every one will react differently tho like how I get sleepy when I drink Coffee. You should get it tested, just to be safe.
I got it from lyphar which has been tested pure before quite a few times.

There are others who have the same reaction actually.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I got it from lyphar which has been tested pure before quite a few times.

There are others who have the same reaction actually.

I thought a member here bought from lyphar and it came back like 86% pure or some sh*t, I think his name was ice something.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought a member here bought from lyphar and it came back like 86% pure or some sh*t, I think his name was ice something.
It was 96%. Another person had it tested and it was 98%+. Lyphar emailed me that their quality was 98%+ which is maybe ok for topical but dangerous for digesting.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To clarify- I am not saying that the purity is the cause of the side effects. It could possibly just be the way some people react to seti.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think it was 96% which is still sh*t considering how much seti you gotta take. Anyways, dont get hang up on the number.

Find other ppl who wanna buy with you and split testing costs. Better than hanging in a few years on the dialysis.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I updated the Setipiprant FAQ

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/setipiprant-frequently-asked-questions.111509/

What kind of results can I expect?

The results of Seti are extremely similar to that of finasteride in that they are both primarily maintenance drugs and you might get minor regrowth if your lucky but dont expect it. Seti is basically a more expensive alternative to finasteride with the benefit of no sexual or anti-androgenic sides.

If you want regrowth you will need to add either PGE2 or minoxidil with microneedling on top of Seti.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 3 months into just over 2G a day seti, and I have recently quit RU58841. My hair has started shedding and I'm getting 'the itch' real bad (which doesn't usually happen) I'm wondering if this is a reaction from quitting RU but I hoped seti at this dose (with nizoral as well) would be able to at least calm this itching down.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 3 months into just over 2G a day seti, and I have recently quit RU58841. My hair has started shedding and I'm getting 'the itch' real bad (which doesn't usually happen) I'm wondering if this is a reaction from quitting RU but I hoped seti at this dose (with nizoral as well) would be able to at least calm this itching down.

When I quit RU some years ago I remember the itch went full berserk on me. And I usually don't even have much of an itch at all. Unfortunately I can't remember how it ended up going away again.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2Gr of seti is doing nothing for you?