Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

RoyMunsonned

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, no shaving and no sutures. Just needels inserted and pulled out. It may be red and swollen for a day. There is also the possibility of slight bleeding, so yeah if you did like 100 threads it might get a little messy.
Im going to try to get a pic or two of my head when they do it, hopefully. We will see.

Why are they pushed in then pulled out? I thought the threads were supposed to slowly dissolve away.

Plyschapan

Reaction score
Why are they pushed in then pulled out? I thought the threads were supposed to slowly dissolve away.
Here is a video of how it’s done. The needle carries the thread but is then removed while the thread remains.
Since people are already doing this to their faces I see no problem with doing it on the scalp. Also, google some ”thread lift before after” pictures. There really is a huge difference in peoples faces. So the procedure is definitely doing something.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is a video of how it’s done. The needle carries the thread but is then removed while the thread remains.
Since people are already doing this to their faces I see no problem with doing it on the scalp. Also, google some ”thread lift before after” pictures. There really is a huge difference in peoples faces. So the procedure is definitely doing something.
One thing to keep in mind is the thread type. The barbed threads are used to pull the skin. Those threads actually let the doctor pull and lift the skin for facelifts. You will see immediate results like that.
The smooth threads are the ones that will be used on me. The wont be pulled to lift the skin.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok i just cut my hair on Christmas night, so posting the before pics now. I was originally planning on doing the test area around the hairline on the right hand side of my head. It was always the stronger side but had recently been fading fast.
After really looking i can tell my left side is still much weaker and has more loss, so i think thats the side ill do. That way if the hair loss gets worse on the right ill be able to tell that the left side has hopefully maintained.
Here are the pics.

Right side
20171227_051856_001.jpg
20171227_051932.jpg

Left side
20171227_051829.jpg
20171227_051940.jpg

Front
20171227_052019.jpg
20171227_052046.jpg

And please dont give me sh*t about being a "Fullhead".
Ive been maintaning with finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, keto, seti, PRP, castor oil, RU, S5, needling, capsasin, emu oil...name it and ive tried, with mixed results.
My goal is to keep what i have so i dont have to become a norwood 6 in the first place.
Anyways, fingers crossed

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok i just cut my hair on Christmas night, so posting the before pics now. I was originally planning on doing the test area around the hairline on the right hand side of my head. It was always the stronger side but had recently been fading fast.
After really looking i can tell my left side is still much weaker and has more loss, so i think thats the side ill do. That way if the hair loss gets worse on the right ill be able to tell that the left side has hopefully maintained.
Here are the pics.

Right side
View attachment 74399 View attachment 74400

Left sideView attachment 74401 View attachment 74402

Front
View attachment 74403 View attachment 74404

And please dont give me sh*t about being a "Fullhead".
Ive been maintaning with finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, keto, seti, PRP, castor oil, RU, S5, needling, capsasin, emu oil...name it and ive tried, with mixed results.
My goal is to keep what i have so i dont have to become a norwood 6 in the first place.
Anyways, fingers crossed
Well we know that threading works, can you try it with a good topical as well? Probably Minoxidil

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Champpy, I think you are just a Norwood 2 still with dense hair. Good luck to your treatment and hope one day we can meet at Dallas.

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Champpy, I think you are just a Norwood 2 still with dense hair. Good luck to your treatment and hope one day we can meet at Dallas.

I agree he looks like he has a Norwood 2.
His hair line looks similar to mine 6 months before joining this forum, since then to now I've progressed to Norwood 3.
I'd be happy if something was released that could get me back to Champpy's current hairline.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those pics arent the best and my lights are dim in the bathroom, adding to the illusion of density. Im reality its thin, lifeless and diffusing all over. But thanks man. Yeah if this works we will have a threading party in Dallas!

@ Jonnyyy im on foam minoxidil now but i may end up switching to liquid. Just dont want to skew the results by adding a new topical while evaluating this treatment, ya know.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree he looks like he has a Norwood 2.
His hair line looks similar to mine 6 months before joining this forum, since then to now I've progressed to Norwood 3.
I'd be happy if something was released that could get me back to Champpy's current hairline.

This photo os bad quality but it wss taken in Feb 2017. You can see there has been recession and overall loss in thickness (it was more puffy and lively)
20171129_025050.jpg

inmyhead

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. You have similiar loss to mine, where hairline seems to be decent, but in fact hair is diffusing all over. Good luck.

Plyschapan

Reaction score
Thanks alot @champpy ! I would just encourage you to try to get some pics with better focus. You will want that too later on when you are trying to see if you have had any results or not. Try to get one from ”above” too. And some close ups. Just keep a steady hand on the iphone and you should be able to get better sharpness.

Anyway, thanks again and good luck!

PS: Shoot the picture directly at your head. Don’t use a mirror. Mirrors double the distance to the object you are shooting.