Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy. Does this look like the right treatment to you?

If so then I’m going to book a treatment and take some photos!

http://www.veinandskin.co.nz/thread-lifts.html
There's thread lifts and then a threading mesh where they create a # shape under the skin. You want the mesh.
Lifts use a barbed thread and the mesh is smooth. Youll want the smooth threads, at least thats what they used in the study.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's thread lifts and then a threading mesh where they create a # shape under the skin. You want the mesh.
Lifts use a barbed thread and the mesh is smooth. Youll want the smooth threads, at least thats what they used in the study.

Urghhh I haven’t done a $110 consoltation yet but the lady on the phone said they start at $2999 NZD which is too much for me.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Urghhh I haven’t done a $110 consoltation yet but the lady on the phone said they start at $2999 NZD which is too much for me.
All of my consultations were free and the cost was nowhere near that for the procedure

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently the dissolvable threads are not available in New Zealand.

Of course that was just the opinion from one other phone person so it might not be true.

If it is true, am I fucked?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Of course that was just the opinion from one other phone person so it might not be true.

I wouldn't say that yet man, youre no more fucked than the rest of us. This is not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with this Champpy! I got great results when I first used a Derma roller so I think it may actually work.

RoyMunsonned

My Regimen
Reaction score

If this actually works it will be in New Zealand before you know it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've received no call back and no email back. I've re-contacted one of the facilities that has not gotten back in touch with me. I've also contacted a different office.

@champpy , do you know if you would walk out of the operation with your head shaved bald, and a hundred sutures covering your dome making you look like a monster until they fade sometime later?

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've received no call back and no email back. I've re-contacted one of the facilities that has not gotten back in touch with me. I've also contacted a different office.

@champpy , do you know if you would walk out of the operation with your head shaved bald, and a hundred sutures covering your dome making you look like a monster until they fade sometime later?

I wonder the same thing. People have this procedure done on the face so my bet is that the sutures are pretty discreet. Hopefully it doesn't require shaving all hair offb but if the threads are hardly noticeable then I'm less concerned about that.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don’t think there will be any sutures, the thread is inserted at one point on the skin and is pushed in, sort of like it “tunnels” underneath the surface of the skin. You can check out some videos on YouTube of people getting it done on their face. I think that this procedure should be completely undetectable from what I’ve seen

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Nope, no shaving and no sutures. Just needels inserted and pulled out. It may be red and swollen for a day. There is also the possibility of slight bleeding, so yeah if you did like 100 threads it might get a little messy.
Im going to try to get a pic or two of my head when they do it, hopefully. We will see.

Plyschapan

Reaction score
I don’t understand why there isn’t more excitement about this method.

We now have multiple studies indicating that scalp wounding does indeed cause hair growth.

Those studies however only applied a few wounding sessions and still produced results.

What is so brilliant about this method is that it is a long lasting wound.

I mean, the participants showed a 57% improvement after 12 weeks. That’s without propecia or minoxidil.

Who knows what the results could be after a year WITH propecia and minoxidil.

It seems to me that this is even better than a hair transplant.