Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So my one concern with this treatment is that im afraid of a major shed where i fet the needles inserted.
I had PRP done in 2014 and had a massive shed shortly afterwards. Does anyone here have any clue if this may happen with PDO threading.
I meant to email the researchers today but got sidetracked
everyone is different man. I've had 4 prp treatments and always had cessation of shedding . Never an increase. Hopefully you won't

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm already imagining I book a flight ticket
to Dallas.
Ill release the name of the clinic after i have this done. I want to build a relationship with these guys first. Id hate for them to get bum rushed with phone calls by angry HairLossTalk.com members like fidia did.
On a side note, it wont be this week for sure, but soon i promise.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to let the girl who cuts my hair give a go. She is a transplant assitant and and does prp . I'll email the authors of the paper and get specifics. Should be materials cost plus a generous tip for her so maybe 200 bucks

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm going to let the girl who cuts my hair give a go. She is a transplant assitant and and does prp . I'll email the authors of the paper and get specifics. Should be materials cost plus a generous tip for her so maybe 200 bucks
The technician i talked to said they would only be using a numbing cream on me so you may want to look into getting that also

Loka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, thanks to everyone doing this.

Something I’ve been wondering about is if the new hair grown by something like this or dermarolling is somewhat DHT resistant, or if they at least ”reset” and last a couple of years. I’ve tried to search the internet for this but haven’t been able to find any good answers. Does anyone know or have any first hand experience? Have someone gained and maintained on only rolling?

Also, does anyone know if the threading is repeatable or if the skin gets worn out or something?

Tried to word my questions somewhat sensible but might come off as a total idiot. Hopefully my questions make sense or something

copiln

Reaction score
I was thinking to shave the head and wound the entire scalp with the microdermabrasion technique. Has anyone tried this?

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be willing to consider this, who should I ask?
If your talking about threading do what champpy did , contact the people who already do pdo for facial rejuvination , even my little sh*t town has a Doctor that does it. show them the study and tell them how great they are. The worst they can say is "get the f*** out of my office you freak"

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your talking about threading do what champpy did , contact the people who already do pdo for facial rejuvination , even my little sh*t town has a Doctor that does it. show them the study and tell them how great they are. The worst they can say is "get the f*** out of my office you freak"

OK, I have contacted two offices.

I'll let you guys know. I might do what champpy did and just test a part of my scalp.