Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Champy have u ever done 1.5mm dermarlolling ? Any results ? Hence want to see if this gives a better result. Also in tge study didnt they mention a slight pull on the skin ? I.e scalp lift of bald areas up to top of head ? I.e do u need barbed threads ? As this would decompress bald skin on top and help blood flow and growth ?

Last edited:

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Champy have u ever done 1.5mm dermarlolling ? Any results ? Hence want to see if this gives a better result. Also in tge study didnt they mention a slight pull on the skin ? I.e scalp lift of bald areas up to top of head ? I.e do u need barbed threads ? As this would decompress bald skin on top and help blood flow and growth ?
I believe they used smooth threads only in that study. From what I understand they didn't lift the skin with the threads but they kind of pinch the skin together and then inserted the needles underneath. That's probably going to be the trickiest part of this whole procedure is the scalp skin is so tight they have to pinch it to get underneath it

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish him all the luck in the world, but I have to agree, unless you have pretty astonishing results, it's going to be very difficult to judge the results because you still have too much hair

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll be able to tell if I maintain or regrow. I'll try to get better pictures at some point but the ones I posted are a little tricky because my bathroom is dark and it makes my hair look darker and thicker. I didn't want to use a flash because that can be deceptive too.
It may look full and thick in those pictures but trust me it's not.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish him all the luck in the world, but I have to agree, unless you have pretty astonishing results, it's going to be very difficult to judge the results because you still have too much hair
If it's in the area where he has little to no hair, then we should be able to see a response.

RoyMunsonned

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those pics arent the best and my lights are dim in the bathroom, adding to the illusion of density. Im reality its thin, lifeless and diffusing all over. But thanks man. Yeah if this works we will have a threading party in Dallas!

@ Jonnyyy im on foam minoxidil now but i may end up switching to liquid. Just dont want to skew the results by adding a new topical while evaluating this treatment, ya know.

I reckon you should take some photos that properly show where you're starting from. There can't be any room for ambiguity in the 'after' pictures like the bullshit we're usually treated to, it's gotta be same hair length & style, lighting and camera angle.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your result and how long it took you?
It was about 10 years ago. I was using Dr Lees high strength minoxidil I think it was 10% with asaic acid & finasteride it didn't do too much for the first 3 months then I added rolling with a 0.5 derma roller every day and it sprouted really well over the next 4 months(sorry I don't have pics).
I went from a norward 4 to a 2, although it didn't do much for my crown were I have a large bad spot. Cr Lee got closed down so I went back to using a standard 5% minoxidil. I was about 44 at the time so I recon my scalp was probably thick and in bad condition so it really helped with the absorption of the minoxidil.
Unfortunately I had to stop using finasteride as it caused depression and brain fog so I am now maintaining with RU & minoxidil although I still derma roll once a week with a 1.5 roller. Like most of us on here just keeping what I can and waiting for a miracle to come along.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have many posts on this forum but consider me a fan of the theory of causing "safe" damage to produce neogenesis and trigger repair mechanisms in order to increase hair count and density.

I have faith on this. I have so much faith that if champpy pictures show some progress, I'll be next in line to ask dermatologists in my area about this procedure, and I'll do it. Money won't be a problem, and I promise I'll document as best as I can. But please champpy document this well man. Best of luck and thank you!

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe they used smooth threads only in that study. From what I understand they didn't lift the skin with the threads but they kind of pinch the skin together and then inserted the needles underneath. That's probably going to be the trickiest part of this whole procedure is the scalp skin is so tight they have to pinch it to get underneath it
Are u sure as they did mention pulling scalp in the study ?

If we used barbed and did a scalp lift from side to side it would help in 2 ways.
1 reduce dermal pressure in bald scalp and possible help via sfoote scalp massage /pressure theory.

2 reduce the area in bald scalp that instantly increases hair density !

I.e could we get better results than study with some scalp lift too ? I.e pull sides up to top of head ?

Those threads are originaly meant for face lifts so why dont we do a scalp lift at same time ? It would lift 1 to 2 cm each side maybe

Last edited:

Plyschapan

Reaction score
I don't have many posts on this forum but consider me a fan of the theory of causing "safe" damage to produce neogenesis and trigger repair mechanisms in order to increase hair count and density.

I have faith on this. I have so much faith that if champpy pictures show some progress, I'll be next in line to ask dermatologists in my area about this procedure, and I'll do it. Money won't be a problem, and I promise I'll document as best as I can. But please champpy document this well man. Best of luck and thank you!

Me too! With all the reports that we now have of wounding causing regrowth in both animals and humans it’s pretty clear that it works.

I mean, just imagine 50% regrowth like they got in this study. For the peeps that still have some hair that would be the equivalent of a hair transplant mega session.

And those are just preliminary results without meds. Who knows what 5 years of repeated sessions combined with propecia and minoxidil can do.

I’m not surprised that this has not been studied more by pharmaceuticals though. Not much money to be made from this on a big corporate scale. If this thing takes off every beautician in the kingdom will offer the service and prices will be very competative.

Don’t understand why people are debating Brotzu, Histogen etc when this is out there.

Plyschapan

Reaction score
Have a look at all of these studies. What do they have in common? Wounding.

Wounding, wounding, wounding.

”Researchers have determined the role of a key growth factor, found in limited quantities in human skin cells, that helps hair follicles form and regenerate during the wound healing process. ”

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130602144327.htm

”The Wnt/β-catenin pathway has been implicated in hair follicle development and hair regeneration in adults. We discovered that CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 (CXXC5) is a negative regulator of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway involved in hair regrowth and wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis via an interaction with Dishevelled.”

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X17315555

”Dermaroller along with Minoxidil treated group was statistically superior to Minoxidil treated group in promoting hair growth in men with Androgenetic Alopecia for all 3 primary efficacy measures of hair growth. ”

https://tophairlosstreatments.com/derma-roller-for-hair-loss/

”In experiments in mice, UC San Francisco researchers have discovered that regulatory T cells (Tregs; pronounced “tee-regs”), a type of immune cell generally associated with controlling inflammation, directly trigger stem cells in the skin to promote healthy hair growth.”

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2017/05/407121/new-hair-growth-mechanism-discovered

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are u sure as they did mention pulling scalp in the study ?

If we used barbed and did a scalp lift from side to side it would help in 2 ways.
1 reduce dermal pressure in bald scalp and possible help via sfoote scalp massage /pressure theory.

2 reduce the area in bald scalp that instantly increases hair density !

I.e could we get better results than study with some scalp lift too ? I.e pull sides up to top of head ?

Those threads are originaly meant for face lifts so why dont we do a scalp lift at same time ? It would lift 1 to 2 cm each side maybe
They dont actually lift and pin your face , They put the threads in areas that have lost collagen to replenish and tighten those areas hence the "lift"