Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality. | Page 13 | HairLossTalk Forums

Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by dermrafok, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Jk1

Jk1 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are u sure as they did mention pulling scalp in the study ?

If we used barbed and did a scalp lift from side to side it would help in 2 ways.
    1 reduce dermal pressure in bald scalp and possible help via sfoote scalp massage /pressure theory.

2 reduce the area in bald scalp that instantly increases hair density !

I.e could we get better results than study with some scalp lift too ? I.e pull sides up to top of head ?

Those threads are originaly meant for face lifts so why dont we do a scalp lift at same time ? It would lift 1 to 2 cm each side maybe

#241 Jk1, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Plyschapan

Plyschapan New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Me too! With all the reports that we now have of wounding causing regrowth in both animals and humans it’s pretty clear that it works.

I mean, just imagine 50% regrowth like they got in this study. For the peeps that still have some hair that would be the equivalent of a hair transplant mega session.

And those are just preliminary results without meds. Who knows what 5 years of repeated sessions combined with propecia and minoxidil can do.

I’m not surprised that this has not been studied more by pharmaceuticals though. Not much money to be made from this on a big corporate scale. If this thing takes off every beautician in the kingdom will offer the service and prices will be very competative.

Don’t understand why people are debating Brotzu, Histogen etc when this is out there.

Georgie likes this.
  3. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    We don't know if this works yet.

And even if it does the other treatments might be complementary.

Bklyn_23 likes this.
  4. Plyschapan

Plyschapan New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have a look at all of these studies. What do they have in common? Wounding.

Wounding, wounding, wounding.

”Researchers have determined the role of a key growth factor, found in limited quantities in human skin cells, that helps hair follicles form and regenerate during the wound healing process. ”

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130602144327.htm

”The Wnt/β-catenin pathway has been implicated in hair follicle development and hair regeneration in adults. We discovered that CXXC-type zinc finger protein 5 (CXXC5) is a negative regulator of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway involved in hair regrowth and wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis via an interaction with Dishevelled.”

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X17315555

”Dermaroller along with Minoxidil treated group was statistically superior to Minoxidil treated group in promoting hair growth in men with Androgenetic Alopecia for all 3 primary efficacy measures of hair growth. ”

https://tophairlosstreatments.com/derma-roller-for-hair-loss/

”In experiments in mice, UC San Francisco researchers have discovered that regulatory T cells (Tregs; pronounced “tee-regs”), a type of immune cell generally associated with controlling inflammation, directly trigger stem cells in the skin to promote healthy hair growth.”

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2017/05/407121/new-hair-growth-mechanism-discovered

dermrafok and timberman like this.
  5. Blackber

Blackber Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    @champpy arent you scheduled to get this done tomorrow?

6. rupture

rupture Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    They dont actually lift and pin your face , They put the threads in areas that have lost collagen to replenish and tighten those areas hence the "lift"

7. champpy

champpy Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. Tomorrow. Ill let you guys know if i survive

8. champpy

Dislikes Received:
    Someone in the brontzu thread mentioned a Dr? who possibly did pdo threading in conjunction with other topicals. Interesting this may be catching on

#248 champpy, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  9. ElTioLaBota

ElTioLaBota Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Good luck man! Let the odds be with you!

champpy likes this.
  10. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @champpy , How much are they charging you?

I just scheduled a consult for January 12th. I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay. Apparently the average fee for a thread lift on the face is ~$2,500.

11. champpy

Dislikes Received:
    The place im going to today is charging $450 for 15 threads.
    The other place i checked wanted 800 dollars for 15.
    Where im going today just threw out the 450 number because they were sceptical of the procedure and i believe they didnt want to rip me off. I doubt most other places would be that low

BaldAsshole and mpanju like this.
  12. champpy

Dislikes Received:
    Btw, i will ask them today if its ok if i give the name of their clinic out to you all. I just want to find out if they're comfortable doing this procedure on a larger number of people, since they have no evidence that it works yet

mpanju likes this.
  13. bigentries

bigentries Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I understand it's your decision and the clinic's, but I would advice you being more selective with who you share the information

It would be great if an experienced user with a higher norwood could try this thing next. If the information is open to anyone I fear it would end up like Fidia information, with a mixture of obsessive people and downright trolls harassing the clinic

mpanju likes this.
  14. champpy

Dislikes Received:
    Its done. Only thing left to do is grow fuck tons of hair, lol.
    Ill fill you in with all the details later tonight. Gotta get back to work now.

15. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Is your face all red?

16. champpy

Dislikes Received:
    Just a couple puncture marks on my scalp. Nothing on my face

17. champpy

Dislikes Received:
    I took some better "before" shots today.
    Here they are 20180103_215513.jpg 20180103_215554.jpg 20180103_215952.jpg 20180103_220014.jpg 20180103_220034.jpg 20180103_220107.jpg 20180103_220232.jpg 20180103_220132.jpg 20180103_220203.jpg

Bklyn_23, mpanju, Naja and 5 others like this.
  18. champpy

Dislikes Received:
    I took only two pics directly after the procedure because there really was nothing to show other than a couple blood spots 20180103_151831.jpg 20180103_151946.jpg 20180103_152021.jpg

#258 champpy, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  19. champpy

Dislikes Received:
    So an update to what happened today. I originally was going to do one test spot above one of my temple areas, consisting of 15 threads total. After talking to the technician we decided to increase the number of threads to around 24 and hit both temples and my thinning vertex in the back. This is why i posted all the pics today. So the test areas are a little smaller, but i hit all three of the areas with the most thinning.

As a side note the tech seemed to really like the idea of threading for hair growth, especially since its proven to aid in collagen formation. As a matter of fact, i joked about this backfiring and he told me he can only imagine this would produce positive results. He and another guy in the office both have thinning hair, and they were both very interested in how this is going to turn out. The tech told me he was also on finasteride, so hes trying to save his hair too. They offer laser therapy in the office and he told me that he knows that PDO threading does something (for anti-aging), but hes not sure about the laser, so hes putting more faith in the threading than he would the laser. Just kind of cool to hear someone in the field back up this paper/science.

Ill give more info tomorrow and answer any specific questions as they arise

Oh and the circled areas along with the back of my head are what was treated. 20180104_011138.jpg

20. BaldAsshole

BaldAsshole Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Very interesting @champpy, we are all expectant of your progress. I wish you the best luck. Thanks for your transparency.

mpanju and champpy like this.