Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this procedure even works to a quarter of the degree that it says in that study it will be very popular. And because there are already a wealth of clinics that perform this on the face then I imagine the competition would keep the cost way down. It doesn't seem to have many risks either apart from swelling and infection (which is pretty much eliminated with a competent clinic).

br1

Reaction score
If this procedure even works to a quarter of the degree that it says in that study it will be very popular. And because there are already a wealth of clinics that perform this on the face then I imagine the competition would keep the cost way down. It doesn't seem to have many risks either apart from swelling and infection (which is pretty much eliminated with a competent clinic).
Is the scalp more prone to infections than the face?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve enquired at a few places that do this around my city as to prices. I would be interested in doing it. @champpy are you still using other treatments?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m looking for something to potentially replace minoxidil, because it’s sybchronised my hair growth cycle. I wonder if this would be at all or if I’m doomed :(

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it matters what KIND of threads they use? I have looked at some places around my town that do this procedure, but the kinds of thread they use tend to very. Some are “AGE filaments”, “Promoitalial”, and various others. Does it make any difference or it is simply the wounding that matters?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
General diffusion plus hairline recession. Crown looks good.

I'll ask for lots of threads at the hairline, which might yield a null result.

Ill be interested in hearing how many needles they suggest and for how much. I know i got mine done cheap, but only because they were using me to test this out because they want to know if it works as well

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you think it matters what KIND of threads they use? I have looked at some places around my town that do this procedure, but the kinds of thread they use tend to very. Some are “AGE filaments”, “Promoitalial”, and various others. Does it make any difference or it is simply the wounding that matters?
I dont have an answer, sorry. All i know is there are barbed and smooth, and they used smooth on me

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont have an answer, sorry. All i know is there are barbed and smooth, and they used smooth on me
Ok no worries. I’ve been thinking about it, and I think that, as long as they are a similar microfilament thread which dissolves over 12 odd months, then the “ilk” of thread if you will doesn’t matter. Serves the same purpose - to stimulate growth factors and collagen, proliferation of hair follicle cells and whatnot. I’m keen to try. I hope you have some amazing results.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

I miss one thread and you guys play follica Hindu style in the beautician's office

In for good results

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went for my consult today.

The doctor didn't seem too enthusiastic. He doesn't do as much threading anymore and he mostly does boob jobs and facelifts. He recommended two hair transplant surgeons, he says that he used to do hair transplants but not so much anymore.

I told him that I'm going out of town for three weeks. He said that on the bright side, it looks like a very easy procedure, but he wants to research it a bit more. He said that they will get back to me in one or two weeks.

Separately, I saw some really beautiful women in that office, the other patients that is. This absolutely magnificent woman sat near me as she was waiting to see the doctor for her own surgery on whatever. She was with an ethnic guy.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

The doctor didn't seem too enthusiastic. He doesn't do as much threading anymore and he mostly does boob jobs and facelifts. He recommended two hair transplant surgeons, he says that he used to do hair transplants but not so much anymore.

I told him that I'm going out of town for three weeks. He said that on the bright side, it looks like a very easy procedure, but he wants to research it a bit more. He said that they will get back to me in one or two weeks.

Separately, I saw some really beautiful women in that office, the other patients that is. This absolutely magnificent woman sat near me as she was waiting to see the doctor for her own surgery on whatever. She was with an ethnic guy.
You’re from Australia aren’t you? Where did you go for your consult?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

There are other doctors, but at least you tried. Honestly it might be better for everyone to wait a few weeks to see if this even helps at all before anyone else spends money on this

Plyschapan

Reaction score
@champpy have you considered getting a USB microscope to study and document the progress? Could be interesting to see if anything is sprouting. USB microscopes can be found for less than $50.