Scalp itch - anyone have genuine success?

arcanek

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to two derms this year but neither recommended to start propecia for whatever reason. Just stated to start minoxidil. Problem is I keep asking about my itch which is insane and they say my scalp looks okay and not to worry about it but my entire skull itches all day long.
I honestly don’t know what’s causing this? I hear whispers of bald itch / DHT but docs don’t seem to concur. It’s more or less almost painful how much it itches!
I feel like I’ve tried everything for this itch!
anyone have a similar experience ? Any insight?
There might be a possibility that this is a fungal issue. I took a drop of tea tree oil and rubbed it on my temple, as a test. I could feel some skin cells rubbing off, and I notice that using the slicker brush that there are some areas that get quite flaky. So, it looks like the skin cells are not being shed properly. I've recently added collagen and MSM to my supplement list, and I've noticed improvements in my skin in a few months. Also added vitamin A, so it might be a nutritional deficiency that causes the skin cells to hang on when they shouldn't. Basically like a callous. I might be seeing some sparse, although diffuse, growth. Difficult for me to take pics so far, but I'll figure something out.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There might be a possibility that this is a fungal issue. I took a drop of tea tree oil and rubbed it on my temple, as a test. I could feel some skin cells rubbing off, and I notice that using the slicker brush that there are some areas that get quite flaky. So, it looks like the skin cells are not being shed properly. I've recently added collagen and MSM to my supplement list, and I've noticed improvements in my skin in a few months. Also added vitamin A, so it might be a nutritional deficiency that causes the skin cells to hang on when they shouldn't. Basically like a callous. I might be seeing some sparse, although diffuse, growth. Difficult for me to take pics so far, but I'll figure something out.
So what could help such fungal issue? Because I pretty much used all the alternatives and nothing ever helped. I mean, it can help momentarily or temporarily but it returns quickly, in a matter of days or weeks.

arcanek

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what could help such fungal issue? Because I pretty much used all the alternatives and nothing ever helped. I mean, it can help momentarily or temporarily but it returns quickly, in a matter of days or weeks.
Tea tree oil is the most common one I know. There's also Manukaoil. You should be able to find tea tree oil around locally. I've even found it at a local grocery chain. Some shampoos and body washes have it. It's what causes the smell in locker room soap.

arcanek

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excess sugar for one thing. I think seed oils might also contribute, but sugar is the usual trigger.

arcanek

My Regimen
Reaction score
No use either. I must have serious psychological issues if nothing ever helped, then.
If dietary adjustments aren't working, it might be that you're still missing something. Vitamin D3 requires many other cofactors. Same with vitamin C, zinc, etc. Once I added collagen, vitamin A and MSM to my regimen, I noticed improvements. Micronutrients are necessary, too. Hairloss is hardly a health threat, so it's not surprising that finding a treatment is not an emergency

Reactions: 300

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it, so many people report itch pre finasteride and no itch post finasteride…. Either everyone on here is nuts or DHT causes itchy scalp!
derms don’t ever say that’s a thing though. I wish someone would study/verify it. Would be a great finding for diagnosing purposes.

Reactions: 300

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Its dht itch and its real. Trust me it is.
You do realize itching is actually a reaction to an allergen? So obviously hair loss involves an autoimmune reaction. Anything that helps with inflammation is going to help you. That is why keto helps. I think some guys on here have a low grade seborrheic dermatitis in the scalp and male pattern baldness at the same time. Back in the day people used Tricomin with success because it was anti-inflammatory. Most of Proctor's products address the inflammatory process since he was able to observe an inflammatory process happening under the microscope with a hair follicle. Could be why I don't have an itchy scalp. I like Revita shampoo because it has alot anti-inflammatory ingredients in it.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do realize itching is actually a reaction to an allergen? So obviously hair loss involves an autoimmune reaction. Anything that helps with inflammation is going to help you. That is why keto helps. I think some guys on here have a low grade seborrheic dermatitis in the scalp and male pattern baldness at the same time. Back in the day people used Tricomin with success because it was anti-inflammatory. Most of Proctor's products address the inflammatory process since he was able to observe an inflammatory process happening under the microscope with a hair follicle. Could be why I don't have an itchy scalp. I like Revita shampoo because it has alot anti-inflammatory ingredients in it.
Are you familiar with 'burning scalp syndrome'?My dad was diagnosed wth that by a very respected? doctor in the Northeast.He was suffering,but he kept most of his hair until his 60s,He was always scratching his scalp,but he was OK when he was lying down.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro no lie when i got on oral dutasteride and Topical my burning sensation i had on and off near one place only on crown and slight itch on front and hairline totally vanished. Its also hormone related. Other guys say the same. I didnt use ketoconazole only oral dutasteride and Topical. Even now on only oral i still experience no itch or burning sensation. Also my diet wasnt changed at all.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you familiar with 'burning scalp syndrome'?My dad was diagnosed wth that by a very respected? doctor in the Northeast.He was suffering,but he kept most of his hair until his 60s,He was always scratching his scalp,but he was OK when he was lying down.
No psoriasis or dermatitis or dandruff,his sca;p was super clean.It was a deep itch,thats what he was saying.