Scalp itch - anyone have genuine success?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing benefits to Topical magnesium oil. Gonna apply magnesium oil once or twice weekly on scalp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-11-21-58-56-434_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-11-21-58-56-434_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Reactions: 300

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man this is spot on to where I stand. I’m at a loss.
I have read the potential psychological issue here, maybe that’s it?
Yeah it could be. When I was a teenager/kid I had issues with dandruff but never, never had any major itch as I have nowadays. It was like, a scratch here and there and it would alleviate, but this itchiness that came along my hair loss problems is different. Painful, stingy, annoying. My scalp is cleaner than ever and still I have this issue sometimes, what leads me to believe that is something psychological; the fear of losing my hair, maybe? I don't know. Derms said that things such 'Dht itch' don't exist, but many people on forums tell otherwise. Guess we'll never know.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it could. When I was a teenager/kid I had issues with dandruff but never, never had any major itch as I have nowadays. It was like, a scratch here and there and it would alleviate, but this itchiness that came along my hair loss problems is different. Painful, stingy, annoying. My scalp is cleaner than ever and still I have this issue sometimes, what leads me to believe that is something psychological; the fear of losing my hair, maybe? I don't know. Derms said that things such 'Dht itch' don't exist, but many people on forums tell otherwise. Guess we'll never know.
Bro many said also that they had no dht itch at all and Still balding. There was a poll on this forum even.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro many said also that they had no dht itch at all and Still balding. There was a poll on this forum even.
yeah I know... if I didn't have this infamous itchiness as some people don't my life would be easier...

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is different. But just remember itching is a symptom of hair loss. If you solve the androgenic issues then you won't itch. Keto works because it is an antia

Everyone is different. But just remember itching is a symptom of hair loss. If you solve the androgenic issues then you won't itch. Keto works because it is an antiandrogen.
So,how often do you use it?And you loosing battle?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nowadays it doesn't compare to what it was in the beginning, but just so you know how bad it was, in 2019 I used to scratch my head with a fork. It was insane.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So,how often do you use it?And you loosing battle?
You didn't ask me but I'm using it each other day, or every two days. However, I still wash with normal shampoo the days in between.

Reactions: 300

arcanek

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to two derms this year but neither recommended to start propecia for whatever reason. Just stated to start minoxidil. Problem is I keep asking about my itch which is insane and they say my scalp looks okay and not to worry about it but my entire skull itches all day long.
I honestly don’t know what’s causing this? I hear whispers of bald itch / DHT but docs don’t seem to concur. It’s more or less almost painful how much it itches!
I feel like I’ve tried everything for this itch!
anyone have a similar experience ? Any insight?
From my experience, I'd guess either some irritant is involved, or maybe it's a circulation issue. Most likely circulation, if it's irregular. I use several different tools for this, and also take nutritional supplements. I've found that there doesn't seem to be any 1 comb or brush that stimulates the scalp entirely or consistently. The scalp is a tendon that covers the top of the skull, but sometimes my itching is behind the temples, or on the back of the skull. Perhaps it is a skin condition, and not scalp inflamation, although I believe that I experience that, as well.
I use a boar bristle brush, a circular flat plastic brush, a slicker brush and a plastic circular device with nubs on it. They all do different things.
The one with nubs will deliver a Dutch rub like nobody's business. Quite painful at first, at least for me. I notice a pronounced swelling along the cranial 'stitcches'. I also get a couple of bumps at points that I suspect are nerve junctions on the sides of my skull, at about the widest point. This requires a soft touch, and after a few days, it all subsides, unless I quit for awhile.
The flat round plastic brush has longer, finer 'teth' that are a bit stiff. I had another one a bit softer that I want replace. This one feels quite a bit different to use, and I use it more if the previous one causes too much pain the first few days.
The boar bristle brush is basically a different type of massage. Usually it is more of a cleaner, as I seem to have thick skin that somehow does not shed easily. My skin has been quite oily, although recent nutritional changes seem to be reducing that.
The slicker brush is a wire brush with 'tines' about the diameter of the third string on an electric guitar. I use this instead of needling, which seems a bit inefficient to me. Caution is advised, however, as I have drawn blood with it several times.
If I am diligent with this, it appears to result in growth returning around the periphery. Only takes a couple of minutes a day, and I use the bristle brush to clean the others.