Scalp itch - anyone have genuine success?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to two derms this year but neither recommended to start propecia for whatever reason. Just stated to start minoxidil. Problem is I keep asking about my itch which is insane and they say my scalp looks okay and not to worry about it but my entire skull itches all day long.
I honestly don’t know what’s causing this? I hear whispers of bald itch / DHT but docs don’t seem to concur. It’s more or less almost painful how much it itches!
I feel like I’ve tried everything for this itch!
anyone have a similar experience ? Any insight?

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to two derms this year but neither recommended to start propecia for whatever reason. Just stated to start minoxidil. Problem is I keep asking about my itch which is insane and they say my scalp looks okay and not to worry about it but my entire skull itches all day long.
I honestly don’t know what’s causing this? I hear whispers of bald itch / DHT but docs don’t seem to concur. It’s more or less almost painful how much it itches!
Ru even balding or thinning to begin with?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some thinning but it honestly still looks pretty intake all things consider. But def heading in the wrong direction. Shedding yes for sure, it’s everywhere. Density still okay though. Some minor recession on the sides but I’m in my mid 30s now so I guess that comes with the territory

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some thinning but it honestly still looks pretty intake all things consider. But def heading in the wrong direction. Shedding yes for sure, it’s everywhere. Density still okay though. Some minor recession on the sides but I’m in my mid 30s now so I guess that comes with the territory
You eat healthy? at least get all the necessary vitamins? You can always buy finasteride online if they refuse to prescribe you it. I self medicate with dutasteride and oral minoxidill and ketoconazole shampoo everyday.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Carbs and sugar make my scalp itch like fk
Interesting…. Wonder why that is? I have a massive sugar intake - natural sugars but still… I’m a vegetarian. I think my glucoses is slightly high too per recent blood work.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get an rx for a topical steroid solution like clobetasol and use on occasion. Should help the inflammation fairly quickly.

Reactions: 300

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a problem with severely slow hair growth. Despite the hairs themselves are thick, its depressing cause im losing ground slowly but I have cut the hairs and checked them all and they are very healthy looking and thick, its really a mystery to me. I know what miniaturized hairs looks like and I dont see that on the places of slow hair growth.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I have a problem with severely slow hair growth. Despite the hairs themselves are thick, its depressing cause im losing ground slowly but I have cut the hairs and checked them all and they are very healthy looking and thick, its really a mystery to me. I know what miniaturized hairs looks like and I dont see that on the places of slow hair growth.
How is your thyroid?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you begin to notice this?

As2021

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take isotretinoin 5 mg(very low dose) 3 times a week. It helped me with the 1 year of itchy scalp. I massage my scalp with coconut oil twice a week 2 hours before taking a bath. I will reduce this dose to once a week after the itch get stabb

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Few years back. I cut my hair and it grows only a few cm and stops im clueless to why.
Strange... Well the way you described the hairs looking thick and healthy but having bare spots reminds me of how Derek from MPMD hair is lately. I know he started dutasteride recently too, so perhaps he is just not a good responder to it. Same thing pretty much happened to me.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Strange... Well the way you described the hairs looking thick and healthy but having bare spots reminds me of how Derek from MPMD hair is lately. I know he started dutasteride recently too, so perhaps he is just not a good responder to it. Same thing pretty much happened to me.
I had this problem for years before even getting on dutasteride bro. I have cut the hairs pulled the hairs and checked all thick and strong. Its like They quit growing eventually despite being healthy hairs. Some rare alopecia areata type of hairloss maybe? My frontal hair and hairline hasnt Worsened thanks to dutasteride tho.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had this problem for years before even getting on dutasteride bro. I have cut the hairs pulled the hairs and checked all thick and strong. Its like They quit growing eventually despite being healthy hairs. Some rare alopecia areata type of hairloss maybe? My frontal hair and hairline hasnt Worsened thanks to dutasteride tho.
Yeah... I know you have tried RU too, which has worked for my scalp itch but I know has not worked for you.... Maybe a corticosteroid would really help, if you haven't tried that already. I really hope we can get our hands on pyrilutamide soon.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Yeah... I know you have tried RU too, which has worked for my scalp itch but I know has not worked for you.... Maybe a corticosteroid would really help, if you haven't tried that already. I really hope we can get our hands on pyrilutamide soon.
I dont have any scalp itch ever since duta and Ketoconazole. Im gonna order a thyroid test online and get blood test. And maybe buy thyroid supplements but this time better quality.