Scalp itch - anyone have genuine success?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

I dont have any scalp itch ever since duta and Ketoconazole. Im gonna order a thyroid test online and get blood test. And maybe buy thyroid supplements but this time better quality.
Maybe try something other than ketoconazole - that ignites my scalp so badly. I can’t tough it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-11-18-15-36-453_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-11-18-15-36-453_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 143

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did that for a while. Definitely dries out the hair and makes it straw like. Expensive. But it does make sebum and the itch basically non existent and helps with regrowth
Ye it does dry out. Hair feels thinner and flatter ever since using it but thats just a cosmetic effect, Main point is its benefits.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I think it's a bad idea to recommend keto 2% daily as a religious regime. Some people like me can't handle the drying effect at all. If it was the hair only, okay, but my scalp was affected too and the itchiness got worse. You can try using it daily, but there might be consequences. I can't tell for 1% since I haven't found it to be sold anywhere in my town.

Regardless, the scalp itch is still a mystery to me. I've tried everything as many people have and obtained zero success. Diet, keto, selsun, h&s, Sls free, paraben free, silicon free, stretching washes, no poo, whatever existent method out there. Things I haven't tried yet are anti-depressants. I read somewhere that the itchiness is in fact psychological, something to do with substance P, and that they would be helpful.

Washing my hair daily helps to some extent but it gets dry fast, so I have to reset washes by stretching at least two days and bear the itch/pain in the meantime.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just applied magnesium oil on scalp. Burnt like a mother f****r. Had to apply oil over. Imagine using ketoconazole shampoo and your skin is totally dry then putting this magnesium salt on your skin. Feels like a sun burn and looks like one, basically feels like you put acid on your scalp.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I think it's a bad idea to recommend keto 2% daily as a religious regime. Some people like me can't handle the drying effect at all. If it was the hair only, okay, but my scalp was affected too and the itchiness got worse. You can try using it daily, but there might be consequences. I can't tell for 1% since I haven't found it to be sold anywhere in my town.

Regardless, the scalp itch is still a mystery to me. I've tried everything as many people have and obtained zero success. Diet, keto, selsun, h&s, Sls free, paraben free, silicon free, stretching washes, no poo, whatever existent method out there. Things I haven't tried yet are anti-depressants. I read somewhere that the itchiness is in fact psychological, something to do with substance P, and that they would be helpful.

Washing my hair daily helps to some extent but it gets dry fast, so I have to reset washes by stretching at least two days and bear the itch/pain in the meantime.
Use oral dutasteride helped my itch alot. But i barely even had itch before dutasteride. But dutasteride removed it and burning scalp pains.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use oral dutasteride helped my itch alot. But i barely even had itch before dutasteride. But dutasteride removed it and burning scalp pains.
At least if I could get a prescription to this. Can't buy on the internet though, awfully expensive.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Man this is spot on to where I stand. I’m at a loss.
I have read the potential psychological issue here, maybe that’s it?