Saw a bald dude who completely OWNED the bald look

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
The only response to this thread should have been: IMPOSSIBLE.

xan88

Reaction score
Grow up

Can I add a different perspective? I'm a gay guy, 27 years old and in day to day life most people assume I am straight when the subject comes up.

You're all talking about what women think of baldness, which I understand as they're the ones you're interested in sexually.

As a man who likes men, you can ask the question whether you'll lose all your prospects once your hair goes. In my experience, what brings you down is your inaction.

I've been losing mine for ten years now and the process is now pretty much over. Three weeks ago, I just took it all off with some clippers in a hotel room. The week before that I had received not one sultry look or anything resembling flirtation. The DAY after that, and it was like I'd just stopped being invisible. I was turning heads again, the way I did about six years ago and turning them in a good way. I was flying back to England last Thursday and this girl was literally goggle eyed looking into my eyes as she walked past.

So, believe me, I know what it's like to wrestle with shaving/ taking some pill but think about it, the only reason magazines and the media generally tout hair over skin is because there's no industry you can really Propecia up when you don't have hair - except for razors. Why would these publications and their corporate partners support anything that meant you didn't spend money on their products? You can't blame them; it's a business. But still, if you actually embrace your baldness instead of picking apart at pictures of celebrities you'll never meet, you'll help yourself a lot more. Ultimately, you lot banging on about NW5 or whatever it is or any other statistic or facial aesthetics etc. ad nauseum is just another excuse from being a man and taking it off your head.

blackg

Reaction score
You sound like a simpleton.

Can I add a different perspective? I'm a gay guy, 27 years old and in day to day life most people assume I am straight when the subject comes up.

You're all talking about what women think of baldness, which I understand as they're the ones you're interested in sexually.

As a man who likes men, you can ask the question whether you'll lose all your prospects once your hair goes. In my experience, what brings you down is your inaction.

I've been losing mine for ten years now and the process is now pretty much over. Three weeks ago, I just took it all off with some clippers in a hotel room. The week before that I had received not one sultry look or anything resembling flirtation. The DAY after that, and it was like I'd just stopped being invisible. I was turning heads again, the way I did about six years ago and turning them in a good way. I was flying back to England last Thursday and this girl was literally goggle eyed looking into my eyes as she walked past.

So, believe me, I know what it's like to wrestle with shaving/ taking some pill but think about it, the only reason magazines and the media generally tout hair over skin is because there's no industry you can really Propecia up when you don't have hair - except for razors. Why would these publications and their corporate partners support anything that meant you didn't spend money on their products? You can't blame them; it's a business. But still, if you actually embrace your baldness instead of picking apart at pictures of celebrities you'll never meet, you'll help yourself a lot more. Ultimately, you lot banging on about NW5 or whatever it is or any other statistic or facial aesthetics etc. ad nauseum is just another excuse from being a man and taking it off your head.
Here we go....another one size fits all warrior.
At the start of your post you actually sounded somewhat intelligent.

Shaving it off worked, for YOU. Hair loss is a case by case basis.

When some guys shave their heads they are met with looks of disgusts.
You can't blame some guys for trying to hide a head that society finds too confronting.

It worked for you. Good luck to ya. But, you really need some perspective here.

blackg

Reaction score
It's very important to remember this.

I'm happy with the solutions I've used, but it certainly wouldn't work for all balding guys out there.

It's about how look like, and also how you feel about yourself mentally, about how you can deal with the identity shift.

I like what I see in the mirror now thanks to the framing my hair transplant brought. But I absolutely hated seeing myself with an infinite forehead.
Thanks Fred. I'm so sick of these lazy, poorly researched opinions about hair loss.

Shaving obviously worked for this guy. But not everyone can get away with it.

P.S. I'm glad you're happy with your transplant.

Ludox

Reaction score
My father started shaving his head a few years ago and the more i look at him the more i thing it's pretty cool, gives him a badass look with 51 years.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Shaving my head just made me look like a horse's ***.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shaving my head just made me look like a horse's ***.

its funny when I complain about my hair, the first instinct from someone is "shave it off" then I ask them if they remember me shaving for 2 years and if it looked good. They then take it back.
Its like this inhuman reflex with people to say "shave it off", its a more polite "just stop bitching, I have hair and dont care about your petty issues"

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
I would bet my house on the people here moaning about going bald and how it ruins your love/dating life are not attractive and would never score with hot girls even with a full head of shiny thick NW0 hair. I get hit on by young beautiful blonde girls almost half my age when I go out and I am fairly bald. Maybe it kicks a lot of guys from being barley dateable to fatties only, but that is the world we live in! It's brutal I know.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would bet my house on the people here moaning about going bald and how it ruins your love/dating life are not attractive and would never score with hot girls even with a full head of shiny thick NW0 hair. I get hit on by young beautiful blonde girls almost half my age when I go out and I am fairly bald. Maybe it kicks a lot of guys from being barley dateable to fatties only, but that is the world we live in! It's brutal I know.

Thats possible but some may have never ventured to even find out because of the reactions they have had.
I will say my looks and interest from women really took a hit as my forehead creeped up more.

as for your second half

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats possible but some may have never ventured to even find out because of the reactions they have had.
I will say my looks and interest from women really took a hit as my forehead creeped up more.

as for your second half

Hahaha, ok fair enough, maybe I exaggerated for effect. Fat ugly girls double my age hit on me all the time. :p No I do get interest from cute girls, but it doesn't make you happy only boosts the ego for a short while.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
Statham has a nice head. Mine is a bit smaller, but it still looks massive if I tilt it downward toward the camera.

Statham's head also looks very very good in profile.

I actually agree with several others on here that a slick bald head looks bad. Generally only guys with dark skin can pull it off. This guy from Big Brother pulls it off really well and I think he would even without the frame to his face.

russell-kairouz-big-brother.jpg

russ_bb11.jpg

A slick bald head usually just looks unnatural. Natural will look better than unnatural almost all of the time.

2pac Shakur looked great bald with a shaved head, even better than he did with hair IMO.

Norwood

Established Member
Reaction score
No matter how good a guy looks bald, he won't be getting the girls that matter - 18-22 year old girls.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No matter how good a guy looks bald, he won't be getting the girls that matter - 18-22 year old girls.
this is the main part that gets me down. wish i could be less attracted to young girls. i definitely prefer late teen girls physically. like 16-22 lol, i'd decrease the lower bound xD. young girls just have that cutesy "freshness" to them. cotdamn. all i bate to is 18 year olds lol. proven 18!!! xD

but there's a bright side. girls that age are generally more immature, just like everyone else at that age lol

jbrog1987

Established Member
Reaction score
2pac Shakur looked great bald with a shaved head, even better than he did with hair IMO.
No doubt. He definitely completely owned the bald look. Of course he had the benefit of having a perfect head shape and appealing facial features.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score

I would never date a girl that young would be immature as feck, but then Im 40