Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

dogman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Undiluted?

just poured into some ethanol, didn't measure it with any degree of accuracy but it was quite weak.

I read the toxicity report and it doesn't seem very hazardous, but may dilute it more next time.

I feel fine, just abnormally awake.

Last edited:

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
just poured into some ethanol, didn't measure it with any degree of accuracy but it was quite weak.

I read the toxicity report and it doesn't seem very hazardous, but may dilute it more next time.

I feel fine, just abnormally awake.

Reading this forum makes me think I should open a small webshop selling lab equipment like scales, pipettes, graduated cylinders and common solvents. Not a fan of exporting chemicals, but I get the feeling a lot of the people here should at least have a mg scale and some glass. Not sure if there is enough balding DIY guinea pigs to make a business out of it though.

Lotarogg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Received my order of 30ml Sandalore from PellWall today. Weird thing is it came with a 10ml bottle of ready diluted product in ethanol at 1:10, probably perfect for this utilisation of Sandalore. Will apply after shampoo before bed.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
You should really thinking of diulting it unless you want to get skin irrtations

SpamHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Received my order of 30ml Sandalore from PellWall today. Weird thing is it came with a 10ml bottle of ready diluted product in ethanol at 1:10, probably perfect for this utilisation of Sandalore. Will apply after shampoo before bed.

The stuff in the ethanol isn't sandalore, I asked the guy on the phone, it's actual sandalwood oil so no good to you.

Donald T.

My Regimen
Reaction score
one question ...

what happened first, the company giving money to scientists to "discover" this effect of their product, or the discovery itself?

olfactory receptors, lol. this is open mocking of bald people at this point.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
one question ...

what happened first, the company giving money to scientists to "discover" this effect of their product, or the discovery itself?

Giuliani Pharma also funded the study that discovered the method of action of CsA induced hypertrichosis that made the rounds a few months ago. It may just be that they are heavily investing in hair research.

I have questioned myself why they would investigate olfactory receptors as a target for their study, maybe contact one of the authors?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
one question ...

Paus is a good scientist in hair, more in the link of nerves and hair, ....., but the question, in our case, is why common hairloss affects and only certain hairs? Is there difference in olfatory issues? Exist different scalp hairs?
But, certeanly is OK investigate in basic science

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
even if this does work it doesn't really seem that great to me.

all it does is increase the anagen phase. it doesn't actually reverse miniaturisation (increase the diameter of follicles) nor does it make dormant follicles sprout. all it does is increase the amount of time your existing follicles stay on the scalp (the anagen phase). and as 90% of hairs are in the anagen phase at any one time anyway, at most you will get a 10% increase in volume (which would be very unlikely as it would mean every hair is in the anagen phase). likely you will get a 5% increase in volume if that. I guess it is better than nothing?

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
one question ...

What first happened is that in 2014 scientists discovered that those olfactory receptors exist in your skin, that Sandalore activates them and that this activation induces a wound healing process. And since wound healing and hair growth are biologically very close, it makes sense to check if it also promotes hair growth. And it does. The only question to answer now is if it’s strong enough to actually stop or reverse Androgenetic Alopecia.
It might be too weak.

even if this does work it doesn't really seem that great to me.

all it does is increase the anagen phase. it doesn't actually reverse miniaturisation (increase the diameter of follicles) nor does it make dormant follicles sprout. all it does is increase the amount of time your existing follicles stay on the scalp (the anagen phase). and as 90% of hairs are in the anagen phase at any one time anyway, at most you will get a 10% increase in volume (which would be very unlikely as it would mean every hair is in the anagen phase). likely you will get a 5% increase in volume if that. I guess it is better than nothing?

Prolonging the anagen phase is linked to hair thickening just as decreasing the anagen phase is linked to minituriasation

weedkill3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to forum and just signed up.

I suffer from bad receding hairline. I bought a bottle of synthetic Sandalor. Can i use this directly on the scalp or do I need to mix it with anything? It comes with a squeezable applicator. Please let me know.

I currently use the iGrow helmet and minoxidil. But to no avail :-(

I have dreams of going to Turkey and doing a hair transplant, but I'm too afraid.

Cacogen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all [ ... ]

I bought a bottle of synthetic Sandalor. Can i use this directly on the scalp or do I need to mix it with anything?

Did you purchase the correct substance? It's a specific synthetic sandalwood-like odorant. It is AKA "Sandal pentanol," or:

3-Methyl-5-(2,2,3-trimethylcyclopent-3-en-1-yl)pentan-2-ol

Regarding dilution/mixing -- read back over the discussion; it has been discussed, and one person did what appears to be a correct conversion. The study referenced in the conversion used a low centration mix.

Alcohol is a solvent for sure, water is not. I don't think we know for sure if an oil can be used.

Last edited:

SpamHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Giuliani Pharma also funded the study that discovered the method of action of CsA induced hypertrichosis that made the rounds a few months ago. It may just be that they are heavily investing in hair research.

I have questioned myself why they would investigate olfactory receptors as a target for their study, maybe contact one of the authors?
Are they not also now invested in way-316606? seems a bit strange they'd be punting this and not that.. chance to make a quick buck perhaps

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are they not also now invested in way-316606? seems a bit strange they'd be punting this and not that.. chance to make a quick buck perhaps

Honestly I don't believe Giuliani have anywhere near the required capital to get a drug like WAY-316606 through trials, my guess is they will sell the patent to one of the pharmaceutical giants.

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score

It's all just a bunch of BS and of course as always people are eating it up here...lol...