Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

kokomokookos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would wait for a little (I have the article, see attached). Not all odorants are safe for application.

upload_2018-9-19_12-21-1.png

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just krep this in mind. From the linked article

"Sandalore is already offered as a cosmetic product in Italy by the company that has co-sponsored the current study,”

Just saying...

ofc it's always important to highlight such information but as long as the trial is well conducted I don't see any problem. Have you seen the study posted by bugbug? It does look this way and thats all what we want but hey tbf I do'nt understand most of the study: */
that said that's maybe even better the company cosponsors because if they finance themselves their trial that mean they really want the trial to come to a conclusion and the conclusion is:
"Sandalore prolongs human hair growth ex vivo by decreasing apoptosis and increasing production of the anagen-prolonging growth factor IGF-1."
anyone know what concentration % could mean "High concentration of Sandalore® (500 µM) regulates hair matrix keratinocytes apoptosis and intrafollicular OR2AT4 expression"?

Lotarogg

My Regimen
Reaction score
The industrial Sandalore needs to be diluted in a carrier at a ratio of between 1:100 - 5:100 but I don't know if at this high dilution it will have any affect. The perfume element of any shelf product will be <5% - the rest being carrier/bulking. Toxicity report on Sandalore should be read as undiluted it can be harmful. Advice is it should only be mixed by qualified person. I have ordered some and am going to mix at 1:100 with something like almond oil, test on skin first then head.
500 µmol/L = 5.66mg/dl = 0.00566g/dl = 0.566g/ml which is concentration of 56,6% of the volume
- I will not be putting this level of concentration on me, so like I say doing it 'in house' might not be able to achieve safe concentration levels that are effective.

Another question is who will this benefit. It prolongs the growth stage of the ffollicle, rather than fires up a dormant follicle - which is the primary cause of male pattern baldness.

Last edited:

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the mechanism? Is it increasing blood flow and simulating growth in a similar way that minx does?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question is who will this benefit. It prolongs the growth stage of the ffollicle, rather than fires up a dormant follicle - which is the primary cause of male pattern baldness.

In short, the reversal of miniaturisation simply comes down to prolonging the anagen/growth phase.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the mechanism? Is it increasing blood flow and simulating growth in a similar way that minx does?

From the paper, agonism of the olfactory receptor found in the HF outer root sheath reduces cell apoptosis and increases IGF-1 which promotes the anagen phase, they also found that antagonism inhibits growth.

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wait so did they just apply it topically? this stuffs really cheap, i think im gonna order some i mean why not

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read the research, Sandalwood doesn't work, only this synthetic ersatz called Sandalore, keep that in mind before you buy real Sandalwood.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Full paper published in Nature and not some fly by night journal? Ralf Paus is attached to this and not some undergrad student on some island in the pacific? Study performed ex-vivo on human hair follicles and not rats or mice? The molecule is over the counter and dirt cheap? The molecular weight is small and its soluble in alcohol?

I just bought 200grams for 30 bucks as fast as my fingers could punch in my CC number

Link to full paper https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0
keep us updated please

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can always buy soaps/ shampoo with the synthetic version of sandalwood ( Sandalore) rather than trying to mix up the concoction yourself. I found bar soap online that contains sandalore.

GD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the study it says that it’s not sandalore to look after in the table of contents, but the chemical name ‘ pentamethylcyclopent-3-ene-butanol'.
Important fact!

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the study it says that it’s not sandalore to look after in the table of contents, but the chemical name ‘ pentamethylcyclopent-3-ene-butanol'.
Important fact!

I don't see that referenced anywhere but if it is any consolation that is one of many chemical names for Sandalore.