Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im about to just buy some sandalore perfume and mix it in with castor oil or something and try it out alongside dermarolling

It has to be synthetic sandalore.

jiggo

Reaction score
It is said that this stuff extends the anagen phase. So will it only delay the follicle dying for a few more years or can this work in the long term?

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using sandalwood scented mustache wax for like two years now. I can only assume it has sandalore in it...

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are many synthetic sandalwood odorants.

Hah, actually I just checked and it uses natural sandalwood oil. If it wasn't for modern trend toward "natural" stuff I'd have a full head of hair by now.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds super exciting to me since legitimate scientific explanation underlays it.. this is not snake oil, the OR2AT4 stimulation sounds very reasonable.
And FINALLY it's a product that tackles IGF-1 stimulation and NOT DHT inhibition, some scientists believe that DHT only causes hair loss because it inhibits IGF-1 production in the hair follicle.

Plus, the concentration of 500µM that they used in the experiment is super low.
The conversion of the concentration, which someone posted on the second page is completely wrong.
This is how you convert it: 500µM is short for 500µMol/L, the molaric mass of Sandalore is ~210 g/Mol
so 500µMol/L * 210g/Mol = 105000 µg/L = 105 mg/L = 0,105 g/L = 0,105 mg/ml, which is a concentration of only 0,01%

Edit: Btw does someone know if Sandalore is soluble in oil like e.g. castor or coconut oil. I will buy Sandalore and test it but only if this is possible, since minoxidil and every other hair tonic that is based on alcohol always gave me massive shedding which never grew back, my scalp has probably some issues with alcohol.

Last edited:

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds super exciting to me since legitimate scientific explanation underlays it.. this is not snake oil, the OR2AT4 stimulation sounds very reasonable.
And FINALLY it's a product that tackles IGF-1 stimulation and NOT DHT inhibition, some scientists believe that DHT only causes hair loss because it inhibits IGF-1 production in the hair follicle.

Plus, the concentration of 500µM that they used in the experiment is super low.
The conversion of the concentration, which someone posted on the second page is completely wrong.
This is how you convert it: 500µM is short for 500µMol/L, the molaric mass of Sandalore is ~210 g/Mol
so 500µMol/L * 210g/Mol = 105000 µg/L = 105 mg/L = 0,105 g/L = 0,105 mg/ml, which is a concentration of only 0,01%

Edit: Btw does someone know if Sandalore is soluble in oil like e.g. castor or coconut oil. I will buy Sandalore and test it but only if this is possible, since minoxidil and every other hair tonic that is based on alcohol always gave me massive shedding which never grew back, my scalp has probably some issues with alcohol.
yea i'd like to know if its soluble in oil as well. I feel like it would be? Think there would be any harm in trying?

ljb118

Reaction score
yea i'd like to know if its soluble in oil as well. I feel like it would be? Think there would be any harm in trying?

I can only assume since this is a synthetic scent used in perfumery/cosmetics that it would be soluble in oils, alcohol, etc.

SpamHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got 50ml of Sandalore from Pell Wall, incidentally he has written a blog entry about this new finding (check his website, I imagine his orders for this stuff immediately went through the roof when this came to light in the media recently). Strangely when I received it I thought I'd been stiched up because I opened the bottle and it didn't smell of anything so I rang the dude and he said it's just some people can't smell it apparently but that what he sent is the real deal. I have since learned that if I wipe it on a wet cloth or something when it get's air around it I can indeed smell it quite strongly, weird stuff.

I have also bought 'Simple' shampoo, it's a Brand we have in the UK which is unfragranced and marketed as kind to skin, I got a 200ml bottle and put 1ml of Sandalore in it and gave it a good shake. I have washed my hair with it these past fews days and left on for a few minutes before washing off the lather, my hair does smell faintly of sandalwood during the day, who knows if this will have any effect. Interestingly in the research paper it says the samples were submerged in this stuff for 6 days! I'm certainly not about to start whacking it on my bonce neat and I don't even know if I'd want to have it sitting on my head long term even in dillute solution of some other form so the hope is that the shampoo thing has a more cumulative effect over time, we'll see. I also doubt this will grow back hair that has gone it seems to me more about prolonging the growth phase of existing hair therefore giving better density to what's already there.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered 10ml of Sandalore today.
But i've got a new idea,
how about dissolving 10ml of Sandalore in 100ml of alcohol (isopropyl) and then taking 1ml of this solution and mix it with 100ml of water.. is that possible? Then I'd get a lotion of 0.1% Sandalore 1% alc and roughly 99% water (1% alc should be ok for my scalp i guess)
This will probably penetrate the skin better than an oily based lotion and i could leave it on the whole day

or how about doing the same but with DMSO instead of alcohol?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve ordered some as well, personally I’m not too optimistic but thought I’d give it a go considering how cheap and accessible it is. I’m going to couple it with daily 0.5mm needling, if this stuff truly works the way it has been reported we should see noticable elongation of miniaturised hairs fairly quickly.

Last edited:

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
i will, and btw I found something more:
Sandalore did not only increase IGF-1 production, but also decreased TGF-beta2 production.
TGF-beta2 (which is increased by DHT) suppresses proliferation
So, IGF-1, which is good for your hair, is decreased by DHT and increased by Sandalore
TGF-beta2, which is bad for your hair, is increased by DHT and decreased by Sandalore

sources:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15194142
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

dogman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got 30g, rubbed some on my head shortly after dermarolling (1 drop).

Kind of feel wired after though, possibly had some sort of immune response. I read something about it stimulating the pituitary and melatonin but not sure where.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got 30g, rubbed some on my head shortly after dermarolling (1 drop).

Kind of feel wired after though, possibly had some sort of immune response. I read something about it stimulating the pituitary and melatonin but not sure where.

Undiluted?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! At least 20 Spanish women have used it and they paid them 125 euros, guess that some people are really lucky!

Hope we will be soon.

Here you can see one the doctors talking about the lotion at the end of the video:

https://www.antena3.com/noticias/ci...alvicie_201809195ba251680cf22d525c7b0bdc.html

Ps. Extra links :p

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/cien...s-alemanes-descubren-remedio-calvicie-7043089

El trabajo de este grupo de investigadores alemanes liderados por Ralf Paus, de la Universidad de Manchester, culminó con un ensayo clínico en Gran Canaria, donde comprobaron en 20 mujeres la efectividad de la mezcla.

Estudio clínico con mujeres
Una clínica capilar de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria buscó "mujeres con importante caída de pelo para estudio clínico de nuevo tratamiento" y de ahí surgieron los datos que han dejado a muchos con la boca abierta. Se testeó en voluntarias un producto creado a partir de un ambientador barato artificial llamado Sandalore que emula el olor de la madera de sándalo.

A cambio de 125 euros, las participantes debían aplicarse durante seis meses una loción en la cabeza antes de irse a dormir y acudir a visitas de control para comprobar la eficacia del prometedor compuesto, principal candidato para conformar el primer crecepelo avalado por la ciencia, ya que hasta el momento solo existen fórmulas para amortiguar la caída.

https://www.elconfidencial.com/tecn...tetico-crecepelo-laboratorio-ciencia_1617639/

in the hair clinic of Dr. Acosta