Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I received my order today but i wasn't really able to dissolve it.
I couldn't dissolve it in either Pantostin or vodka.
I could perfectly dissolve it in DMSO, but as soon as I added water to it, an oily film occurred on top of it again.
So it seems like Sandalore is not only insoluble in water but even hydrophobic

I will mix it with castor and coconut oil instead and leave it in for 4 hours daily (2ml, 1% concentration)

Btw, I'm not really able to smell it as well, I perceive only a very weak scent

staresatwalls

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could perfectly dissolve it in DMSO, but as soon as I added water to it, an oily film occurred on top of it again.

I will mix it with castor and coconut oil instead and leave it in for 4 hours daily (2ml, 1% concentration)

Where did you order it from?

Belen

My Regimen
Reaction score

I had no problems dissolving sandalore first in 96% alcohol, then dmso and then water. Try shaking your solution to emulsify it prior to application. See if that works.

Nexusv6

My Regimen
Reaction score

Wait 2 seconds...
The study published in nature uses a dilution of 500 micro molar. If my chemistry is not completely forgotten this means 0.1209 ml (or 105.2mg) sandalore must be diluted in 1 liter of solvent?

Is not 1% too much? Someone with chemistry knowledge can check the math?

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you order it from?

from the netherlands
https://www.hekserij.nl/shop/cosmetica/cosmetica-werkstoffen/sandalore-giv/
http://shop.hexapus.nl/p-1a/23168-4.html?_globalsearch=sandalore (<- same distributor, page in English)

I had no problems dissolving sandalore first in 96% alcohol, then dmso and then water. Try shaking your solution to emulsify it prior to application. See if that works.

hmm weird I did shake it quite well :/
Did you order it from pellwall?

Wait 2 seconds...
The study published in nature uses a dilution of 500 micro molar. If my chemistry is not completely forgotten this means 0.1209 ml (or 105.2mg) sandalore must be diluted in 1 liter of solvent?

Is not 1% too much? Someone with chemistry knowledge can check the math?

yes they used a concentration of roughly 0.01% but afaik they left the skin completely soaked in this solution for 6 days, so I thought when applying just 1ml daily or twice daily on the scalp I might need a stronger concentration

But yeah I also thought that maybe it did dissolve, but it was saturated at a lower concentration already and only the rest formed this oily film on top, but it still seems quite weird since Belen had no problem making a 4% concentration

Marconi

Reaction score
Hi. I’m new to this. My sandalore order arrived yesterday so I’ve just started applying it. I’ve used 1ml of sandalore, 1ml of alcohol 96%, 1ml of DMSO (70% DMSO- 30% aloe vera) and 22ml of water. The concentration of sandalore in this lotion is 4%. Obviously it’s still very early days, but I’ll update you as I go along. Has anyone else started using sandalore? What’s your recipe?

aloe vera is bad for hair regrowth!

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about the other ingriedient that was used?

"...topical daily application of a lotion containing N1-methylspermidine and Sandalore®."

Sandalore alone may not be effective.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about the other ingriedient that was used?

"...topical daily application of a lotion containing N1-methylspermidine and Sandalore®."

Sandalore alone may not be effective.

I see no mention of that anywhere in the study.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's in the third post down on the first page of the the thread.
Giornale Italiano di Dermatologia e Venereologia 2018 June;153(3):338-43
DOI: 10.23736/S0392-0488.18.05891-1

Ok sure it would be nice to use this N1 compound in combination but where would you even get it? In the nature article they used only Sandalore to prove that it is a growth stimulant.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing flaking or peeling in the areas they are applying Sandalore?

Bulbul

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you wanted to dilute 50ml of Sandalore (from Pellwell) how much Ethanol would you require? And where would you buy the ethanol from?

lordbold

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!
I found a patent with the lotion wich was tested in spain

Component (INCI name) quantity (w/w %)
Alcohol denat 15-35
PEG-40 Hydrogenated castor oil 0.5-3
Sandal pentanol 0.1 - 1 0.0
Ethoxydiglycol 0.25-1 .0
Aqua q.s. to 100 g

you can find it on page 8 of pdf
it could be 15 ml alcohol, 0.5ml castor oil, 0.1ml sandalore 0.25 ethoxydiglycol and the rest until 100ml of water?
i don't understand the formula, can anyone translate into ml of each component for 100ml formula?
i attach the patent in pdf!

Attachments

• WO2017198818A1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 489

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just bought 80ml of the stuff and will be trying it out for a few months. Do we need to mix with propylene glycol or just alcohol?