Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Was the plan for them to release the results in March? Can't recall.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was the plan for them to release the results in March? Can't recall.
Any time from now really, the 1 year data had been collected in Jan so at least a summary of results for the sake of marketing should be due in the next couple of months if they want to keep stakeholders happy.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if they still claim to be valued at $12 billion
Ah yes the tumble begins
You know this doesn't mean much at all, right? One of the 4 drugs removed is the same as the first one, which is currently in phase 3.

Otherwise, it's really not uncommon for a pre-commercialization biotech companies to focus on lead candidates. It's actually what happens with basically every one of them.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know this doesn't mean much at all, right? One of the 4 drugs removed is the same as the first one, which is currently in phase 3.

Otherwise, it's really not uncommon for a pre-commercialization biotech companies to focus on lead candidates. It's actually what happens with basically every one of them.
I know their valuation never meant much at all yes because they pulled the numbers out of nowhere

Yeah nah I'm aware their osteoarthritis candidate has actually been their real bread and butter along with SM04554. I'm just not a fan of how much smoke they've blown up their own asses so am jumping on any opportunity to badmouth them.

Ngl still going to try it if it's released and a reasonable price

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol TNF-a is required for hair growth though. Just don't want too much of it.
Could this potentially be the reason why 0.15% outperformed 0.25% because the 0.25% SM04554 / Dalosirvat dose was inhibiting too much TNF-a?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
But if you say that you have "solved" all these diseases, then that is very dubious. It's a shame that the good companies like Tissuse get little investment while people swinging the big speeches are given billions
Where does he say he "solved" all these diseases? The CEO showed some promising therapies and really believed in what he's doing, I have neve heard him say he "cured" or "solved" anything.

Tissuse, Tsuji and Follica are the ones who should take notes form Samumed's approach if they want to be taken serious in the market and get real money to fund their research.
I think he's been on record saying he believes the WNT pathway has the potential to cure many diseases and that their science will work towards this.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where does he say he "solved" all these diseases? The CEO showed some promising therapies and really believed in what he's doing, I have neve heard him say he "cured" or "solved" anything.

Tissuse, Tsuji and Follica are the ones who should take notes form Samumed's approach if they want to be taken serious in the market and get real money to fund their research.
How do you know he "really" believes in what he's doing? Have you given him a polygraph?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on people it's a SIRT agonist, as is their osteoarthritis medication. It seems to me they're just putting everything into this one pathway and embellishing the sh*t out of its effectiveness for marketing purposes. Will it have an effect? Probably. But can we please not hype this to be anything more than a drop in the bucket

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on people it's a SIRT agonist, as is their osteoarthritis medication. It seems to me they're just putting everything into this one pathway and embellishing the sh*t out of its effectiveness for marketing purposes. Will it have an effect? Probably. But can we please not hype this to be anything more than a drop in the bucket
I think you mean it does have an effect, because we already have data that shows it does in a measurable capacity. The question is more how long the benefits last and to what extent they cap out at.

Sorry that some of us that got 0 benefit from min are hoping we'll have another pathway to go down where currently none exist. That's not a drop in the bucket to many people. If you have something else that people can use that a relatively safe/easily sourced alternative to min lets hear it.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you mean it does have an effect, because we already have data that shows it does in a measurable capacity. The question is more how long the benefits last and to what extent they cap out at.

Sorry that some of us that got 0 benefit from min are hoping we'll have another pathway to go down where currently none exist. That's not a drop in the bucket to many people. If you have something else that people can use that a relatively safe/easily sourced alternative to min lets hear it.
Min is a drop in the bucket too

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah and a lot of people get nothing from that. So what's not a drop in the bucket>

Nothing that has been released so far. PRLR antagonism is exciting, things like OliX, more targeted wnt agonism, you get the picture.
We have some idea of what pathways we want explored but so many companies are just missing the mark, it's like SM just kind of latched on to the first thing they could find that they could generate buzz with. It's an inefficient use of ample resources and talent.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on their unimpressive results there are Wnt agonists already on the market that will meet or exceed SM's potential. Instead of waiting for SM just use VPA, it's probably more potent.

The median change in total hair count from the baseline was 23/cm2 (range, 17 to 39) in the VPA group and 1/cm2 (range, 68 to 70) in the placebo group

If you aren't a responder to minoxidil you can take oral minoxidil, which has a 100% response rate, or get minoxidil sulfate powder and mix it yourself, also 100% response rate. Microneedling and tretinoin also turn minoxidil non-responders into responders. Or you can go the PGF2a route, latanoprost and bimatoprost are already on the market and equivalent to minoxidil. SM will not perform as well as minoxidil so it's pretty much useless. If you get side effects from minoxidil or pgf2a analogues then just use VPA instead of waiting for SM. There's no drug more advanced than minoxidil coming in the next 5 years, but you can get KY19382 on the grey market which might exceed minoxidil.

Last edited:

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on their unimpressive results there are Wnt agonists already on the market that will meet or exceed SM's potential. Instead of waiting for SM just use VPA, it's probably more potent.

If you aren't a responder to minoxidil you can take oral minoxidil, which has a 100% response rate, or get minoxidil sulfate powder and mix it yourself, also 100% response rate. Microneedling and tretinoin also turn minoxidil non-responders into responders. Or you can go the PGF2a route, latanoprost and bimatoprost are already on the market and equivalent to minoxidil. SM will not perform as well as minoxidil so it's pretty much useless. If you get side effects from minoxidil or pgf2a analogues then just use VPA instead of waiting for SM. There's no drug more advanced than minoxidil coming in the next 5 years, but you can get KY19382 on the grey market which might exceed minoxidil.
Would there be any side effects associated with using VPA?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Enough speculation and broscience.

I'll wait for the the results and if they're in line with their phase 2 results, I'll be very happy.
Just how mild is your balding lol I swear I used to be like you until it got worse, now I need better results on the horizon to keep me happy

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course nobody knows but he seems genuine from what I have seen imo (or just a good actor). Also why would he do something like this if he didn't believe in it? He was already rich before Samumed. He also puts his reputation on the line.
He wasn't rich before Samumed. His entire net worth according to Forbes is the valuation of his shares of Samumed.