Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, because we totally know how to use it, how much of it, if it's daily, weekly or wtf AND it's totally legit from a Chinese lab, because they got the rights to it, why not just skip Phase 3 and get FDA approval from the lab?
The dosage Samumed uses is .15% once a day, and people have had the compound tested to verify it. It's a dud.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankfully we know it's a dud because 8 dudes on a forum told us so.
Fair enough, just don't pretend nobody has used it right.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough, just don't pretend nobody has used it right.
I never did, I actually do value the accounts of them none-the-less but I just don't think it replaces the study data in any way. If the data came out and said the mean hair count increase over the study period was +20%, would your opinion change? Or is that still a dud to you because of these accounts?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never did, I actually do value the accounts of them none-the-less but I just don't think it replaces the study data in any way. If the data came out and said the mean hair count increase over the study period was +20%, would your opinion change? Or is that still a dud to you because of these accounts?
I'd be more impressed if the study showed +20% on norwood 3s instead of full baldites. +20% on a scalp with only 1 hair to begin with means that 1 out of 5 subjects regrew a single hair. Maybe that hair just happened to come out of resting phase anyway at that time.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be more impressed if the study showed +20% on norwood 3s instead of full baldites. +20% on a scalp with only 1 hair to begin with means that 1 out of 5 subjects regrew a single hair. Maybe that hair just happened to come out of resting phase anyway at that time.
What? Literally none of these studies start on an area with 0 hairs, and if they do, it's a very small percentage of the overall testing pool. The hair count is always displayed per cm2 and the mean is usually is in the 80s-100s to encapsulate a slightly thinning area.

The phase 2 studies were conducted on a 1 cm2 area with a mean hair count of 100~ hairs, meaning not a single one (based on the #s) was bald in that area and the mean results were 10% after three months.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have we confirmed the actual mechanism of SM yet? Can't find anything credible but it looks like the structure was originally also called dalosirvat, and it modulates the wnt pathway by activating SIRT.

It has a few downstream effects that are in theory good for hair but I just don't see this being very reliable.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently SM04554s friendlier drug name is named: Dalosirvat

Source:
If anyone's interested in buying the drug profile and pasting it here so we can learn more about Dalosirvat/SM04554 mechanism of action that'd be great!

Edit: I would buy the drug profile myself, but I am currently super broke.

Last edited:

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Source:
If anyone's interested in buying the drug profile and pasting it here so we can learn more that'd be great!
Why don't you? ;-)

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As it has been said, it's a SIRT activator : https://www.hmobio.com/products/Dalosirvat.html

EDIT: Also, SIRT proteins inhibit TNF-a activity, which is good for hair independently of Wnt activation. (See the thread about Substance P).

Last edited:

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Source:
If anyone's interested in buying the drug profile and pasting it here so we can learn more about Dalosirvat/SM04554 mechanism of action that'd be great!

Edit: I would buy the drug profile myself, but I am currently super broke.
Hopefully we will see some progress, at least it got a Name, so probably a release candidate in some weeks to years

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting.

Seems TNF is one of the causes of inflammation in our bodies. (but this doesn't mean TNF is bad per se)

It doesn't mean being bald is bad per se too

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol TNF-a is required for hair growth though. Just don't want too much of it.

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
They removed about half the drugs, it seems. It had 8+ last time I was on there, which was probably months ago.
Good catch!
Samumed.png