Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their last patients for the phase 3 trial started the treatment. The treatment is 48 weeks daily... So January they should be through

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will we see photos before the end of the trial? I don´t know how these things work, besides I don´t really believe in that company.

However, I want it to succeed. Kind of worried, because this is the only product that would be available soon. And if that doesn´t work, we will be so screwed :S

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently, they just finished enrolling people for their phase 3 trial (according to their newsletter released yesterday).

This means the study should take us to January/February next year. I'd then give them 6 months to analyze the results before release. This means we should expect to hear from them in H2 2019.

Whether or not they release preliminary results, I have no idea though.

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought it would take less time :s

By then most of us will be so forked... Thanks anyway! Hope it works!

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Will we see photos before the end of the trial? I don´t know how these things work, besides I don´t really believe in that company.

However, I want it to succeed. Kind of worried, because this is the only product that would be available soon. And if that doesn´t work, we will be so screwed :S

I don't understand why you say "only product available soon". We have Sheseido, okay if you say you have lost hope in them, then how about Follica? Still on track, and Tissuse and Tsuji. Thb I don't have much expectation on a medicine in terms of hair regrowth. To achieve that Follica and cell replication will do a much better work.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why you say "only product available soon". We have Sheseido, okay if you say you have lost hope in them, then how about Follica? Still on track, and Tissuse and Tsuji. Thb I don't have much expectation on a medicine in terms of hair regrowth. To achieve that Follica and cell replication will do a much better work.
Follica is just dermarroller with minoxidil. Fancy nothing new treatment.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently, they just finished enrolling people for their phase 3 trial (according to their newsletter released yesterday).

This means the study should take us to January/February next year. I'd then give them 6 months to analyze the results before release. This means we should expect to hear from them in H2 2019.

Whether or not they release preliminary results, I have no idea though.
H2 2019 is too optimistic. H2 2021 is more realistic.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
We have seen some bro-version result and it's already impressive and Follica is so close, there's not only Samumed in next year.
Maybe if follica would initiate phase 3. 7 dog years equals one human year....as 12 human years equals 2 follica years.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
We have seen some bro-version result and it's already impressive and Follica is so close, there's not only Samumed in next year.
You can see some amazing results in one person. I have seeing amazing results on dutasteride, minoxidil, etc . That don't mean it will work for most person. Most person, will not get that amazing results you see in a couple of people ( and by couple, may be I am over counting ;) )

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a vehicle for SM? Because is action is different thanf minoxidil I imagine it has to be applied separately. Is PG and Ethanol dissolving this?

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can see some amazing results in one person. I have seeing amazing results on dutasteride, minoxidil, etc . That don't mean it will work for most person. Most person, will not get that amazing results you see in a couple of people ( and by couple, may be I am over counting ;) )

Does this paragraph below not mean there were no non responders tho which not the norm for hair loss treatments lol also i can think of like 6 or 7 top responders in brow science world lol.

"Across all three treatment arms, the overall improvement of visible (non-vellus) hair count after three months of treatment was 29% compared to baseline (p < 0.001, n = 48), reflecting a clinical benefit across the entire study population and a substantially improved outcome seen with the optimal treatment regimen. Additionally, a prespecified analysis comparing the 44% change in visible (non-vellus) hair count to a 12% historical benchmark set by approved pharmaceutical products1 established statistical significance (p = 0.005). The initiation of a Phase 3 registration study is expected in the first half of 2020."

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this paragraph below not mean there were no non responders tho which not the norm for hair loss treatments lol also i can think of like 6 or 7 top responders in brow science world lol.

"Across all three treatment arms, the overall improvement of visible (non-vellus) hair count after three months of treatment was 29% compared to baseline (p < 0.001, n = 48), reflecting a clinical benefit across the entire study population and a substantially improved outcome seen with the optimal treatment regimen. Additionally, a prespecified analysis comparing the 44% change in visible (non-vellus) hair count to a 12% historical benchmark set by approved pharmaceutical products1 established statistical significance (p = 0.005). The initiation of a Phase 3 registration study is expected in the first half of 2020."

Now compare it to finasteride, or to minoxidil, or to minoxidil plus ketoconazole plus tretinoin. Etc.

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That´s the spirit!

Why do you think treatments work worst in our temples? Hope this shirt will bring back mine ;)

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride 66% respond over 24months is that not worse than 100% respond over 3 months ?
lol , what 100 % ? do a Phase 3 , see how much real respond.
Again, add finasteride, minoxidil, tretinoin, etc.
Plus, do you really thing that damaging the scalp frequently will not cause you side effect in long term ?

otann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plus, do you really thing that damaging the scalp frequently will not cause you side effect in long term ?

Do you believe that muscle building, fasting, dietary restriction, ice baths, saunas, etc. cause long-term side effects? Humans are not meant to be insulated from all stressors. If done following the proper protocol (i.e., using a well-designed tool at the proper depth and frequency in an aseptic environment), all available evidence indicates that microneedling is perfectly safe. There is a massive difference between chronic damage and acute, controlled inflammation.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you believe that muscle building, fasting, dietary restriction, ice baths, saunas, etc. cause long-term side effects? Humans are not meant to be insulated from all stressors. If done following the proper protocol (i.e., using a well-designed tool at the proper depth and frequency in an aseptic environment), all available evidence indicates that microneedling is perfectly safe. There is a massive difference between chronic damage and acute, controlled inflammation.

walking around with open wounds have never been save for anyone.

And those aggressive needlers on here might get caught in that problem some day. Its all a question about hygiene. And some environment can attack an open wound without problems. And the real problem can happen if it happens at hospitals where they develop unwanted resistant bacteria's and then the antibiotics won't be working.

Also the whole scaring and "exhausting" the body with constant healing isn't good either. and the older you get the lesser healing properties your body will have.

I'm still shocked about people here needling and then trying to over saturate their scalp and bloodstream with compounds that aren't for open wounds and directly exposed blood stream. But people will find out sooner or later, everything is working "fine" at first but the wall will come.