Ru58841 – Usage, Efficacy, Side Effects, Impressions

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I know that people have been discussing in depth and length regarding Finasteride’s side effects and many recommend RU58841 as an alternative (and sometimes as a concomitant). Now here’s the thing: there no real (official) clinical trials and studies on its efficacy or (more important) its sides. So this is a request for all RU5881 users: Can you please describe your experience with it? For how long you’ve been taking it? How long before you saw improvement (and what were/are those)? If you’ve got sides? What sides and how long after starting you’ve noticed sides? Did sides go away once stopping usage? Thanks!

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I know that people have been discussing in depth and length regarding Finasteride’s side effects and many recommend RU58841 as an alternative (and sometimes as a concomitant). Now here’s the thing: there no real (official) clinical trials and studies on its efficacy or (more important) its sides. So this is a request for all RU5881 users: Can you please describe your experience with it? For how long you’ve been taking it? How long before you saw improvement (and what were/are those)? If you’ve got sides? What sides and how long after starting you’ve noticed sides? Did sides go away once stopping usage? Thanks!
I'd also like to know since I just ordered 10 g of RU. I've gotta say, I haven't seen a lot of glowing reviews of RU but I'm hoping people will speak up about their positive experiences.

el_duterino

Reaction score
There is a good 15 years of experiences some even with pics on this site
Do a search

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This question keeps coming up, ru totally works.
I’ve been on it for four years
That's greaet to hear. I've done cursory scans of all the forums (Tressless, HairLossTalk.com, BT) and I think this might be the first positive review I have found. Hopefully you have an archived post that with details; I'll try to look it find it.

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have before and after pics?

I’ve said before, you can’t trust pics. How do you know the after picture is not the before pic?
I can’t go bald and I’ll do what I can to save my hair, I’m very happy how things are going so I share info, that I might help someone else. I know the trauma and how it feels to search for answers.
You can believe me, or not, it’s up to you.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve said before, you can’t trust pics. How do you know the after picture is not the before pic?
I can’t go bald and I’ll do what I can to save my hair, I’m very happy how things are going so I share info, that I might help someone else. I know the trauma and how it feels to search for answers.
Appreciate that. I'm giving it a try. Thanks

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

In this business of hairloss pictures and evidence are everything I document how my hair got worse on RU and got better on finasteride.... you cant come on here and make a claim and not back it up, well I mean you can but nobody will take you seriously

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In this business of hairloss pictures and evidence are everything I document how my hair got worse on RU and got better on finasteride.... you cant come on here and make a claim and not back it up, well I mean you can but nobody will take you seriously
Worse on RU?? Uggh, I'm sorry to hear that. I see that you're on 1/4 mg finasteride...I used that dose for a month or so before bumping it up to a full dose. Did finasteride take months to show positive results?

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes worse on RU look at my baseline pics on my RU thread and then look at my baseline picture on my finasteride thread that's what my hair looked like after being on RU for about 9 months. I honestly saw results after 3 months on finasteride. I haven't posted in a while il be posting month 4 and 5 progress to be honest I think I went through a massive shed so it looks like I have lost ground so hoping for some regrowth after such a big shed and Im going to bump the dose up to 0.5mg just in case my body is used to the 0.25mg or my hairloss has got worse and the 0.25 cant keep up

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes worse on RU look at my baseline pics on my RU thread and then look at my baseline picture on my finasteride thread that's what my hair looked like after being on RU for about 9 months. I honestly saw results after 3 months on finasteride. I haven't posted in a while il be posting month 4 and 5 progress to be honest I think I went through a massive shed so it looks like I have lost ground so hoping for some regrowth after such a big shed and Im going to bump the dose up to 0.5mg just in case my body is used to the 0.25mg or my hairloss has got worse and the 0.25 cant keep up
Good luck with the increase. I was scared to jump up to the full dose but all is good so far. Now I'm only scared of losing more hair. Funny I guess.

el_duterino

Reaction score
RU is dose dependant - if you cannot see results just bump up the dose
This stuff is far more potent than finasteride but it relies a lot on scalp penetration, and scalp porosity varies a lot between people and hair lenght as well, and then some vehicles work better than others etc. Even RU may degrade after a while in a lotion that's why I mix a fresh dose every time

It has to be done right to work well unlike finasteride which is just swallowing a pill

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU is dose dependant - if you cannot see results just bump up the dose
This stuff is far more potent than finasteride but it relies a lot on scalp penetration, and scalp porosity varies a lot between people and hair lenght as well, and then some vehicles work better than others etc. Even RU may degrade after a while in a lotion that's why I mix a fresh dose every time

It has to be done right to work well unlike finasteride which is just swallowing a pill
Excellent points. Thanks for this! I’ve heard RU in solution can have stability issues over time, so formulating prior to each application is wise. I’m thinking of the standard EtOH, PG, water vehicle-does that sound like a good place to start?

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score

1) hairloss pics cant be trusted, period, so I wouldn’t rely on them
2) making claims? I don’t come in here and make claims? I post when I want to help and contribute. I’m not creating a thread and claiming anything, just sharing my story and how I’m doing. I’ve been on antiandrogens probably longer than... a long time. I post to help so believe it or don’t, I don’t care.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Don't use water with RU
The best is neogenic as its a lot more than just a vehicle

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Used finasteride for a year which worked great. Around May of this year took a three week break and when I got back on it had stopped working. Went through a massive shed for the next two months and around late July I started RU. Mix 0.5g in 10 ml of minoxidil and use 1 mg per day. It's basically stopped the shedding completely. Working similarly to finasteride though it seems like it's also causing some of the same finasteride sides like lowered libido but not nearly as bad as it was on finasteride

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't use water with RU
The best is neogenic as its a lot more than just a vehicle
Thanks, I'll look into neogenic. I've been on finasteride 3 months and topical finasteride/min for ~3 weeks. Nothing good is happening yet:) It seems like some RU users report systemic side effects while others notice nothing. I really want to bump up my regimen but hate to add extra things too soon. It's hard to be patient when hair is a fallin'.