Ru58841 – Usage, Efficacy, Side Effects, Impressions

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did some of your Fina side effects vanish completely?
The thing is the lethargy was so brutal for the first 2 months, and now its just gone. Like completely, but i havent changed anything about my regimen or something. Im just very surprised it goes away like that.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did some of your Fina side effects vanish completely?
The thing is the lethargy was so brutal for the first 2 months, and now its just gone. Like completely, but i havent changed anything about my regimen or something. Im just very surprised it goes away like that.
I had bad cognitive issues “brain fog” for almost a week...I almost quit finasteride. Totally went away, it’s been 3 months and still good.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i mean. Lethargy is just another word for it.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was looking to start RU in the next couple of weeks, can anyone advise me what dose to start with?
I was going to mix it with stemox daily....how many ml stemox and how much RU for the solution, I will be covering the whole scalp. thanks

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can afford it, use 100mg per day. Otherwise 50mg, it works too.
If you are going to cover your entire scalp, i would say mix 50 (better 100mg) in 2 or 3 ml of stemoxydine.

Use a dropper or a syringe to mix the RU with the stemoxydine. Just suck it in and out to mix it up

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can afford it, use 100mg per day. Otherwise 50mg, it works too.
If you are going to cover your entire scalp, i would say mix 50 (better 100mg) in 2 or 3 ml of stemoxydine.

Use a dropper or a syringe to mix the RU with the stemoxydine. Just suck it in and out to mix it up

question- if I get this prepared bottle https://www.thekaneshop.com/product/ru58841-solution-50ml/
with 5% strength, which carrier should I choose, the KB solution or the PG ethanol?

and for how long should such a bottle last me if I use it daily on the entire scalp? (should I even use it daily?)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
probably a stupid question but is it possible to get ru foam? liquid is too much of a hassle with my type of hair loss so i prefer foam minoxidil, would like to add RU to my regimen but can't use liquid.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
In fact is it possible just to mix RU in with liquid minoxidil and put it in a spray bottle? I know you can't get accurate dosages that way but it's better than nothing. I was thinking of wetting my hair, dermarolling, applying foam minoxidil, spraying my crown with the ru/minoxidil liquid then dermarolling again. I just want something else to help for a while and get rid of the very slight itch i currently have until i start a more aggressive regimen the beginning of next year some time.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys have some nerves waking up a year old thread:

@Derelict You cannot. I have tried. Ru doesnt mix with minoxidil because theres too much water in it.

@Haironnu If you get a prepared bottle, use KB. Its a bit better.

That bottle is 50mg/ml, so if you use 1ml per day (which you should), its going to last you 50 days. But if you are hairloss covers a too large area on your head, you would need more. This is more like for hairline and stuff like that.
Yes you should use it everyday. Make sure to shampoo your scalp before you apply it.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

@Derelict You cannot. I have tried. Ru doesnt mix with minoxidil because theres too much water in it.

That bottle is 50mg/ml, so if you use 1ml per day (which you should), its going to last you 50 days. But if you are hairloss covers a too large area on your head, you would need more. This is more like for hairline and stuff like that.
Yes you should use it everyday. Make sure to shampoo your scalp before you apply it.
Can you please tell me where I apply RU on my hair? Only to the areas where I'm thinning or have no hair whatsoever?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's a shame, i think i will just buy the premade solution from kane then, put it in a spray bottle and apply it that way instead of using a dropper.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please tell me where I apply RU on my hair? Only to the areas where I'm thinning or have no hair whatsoever?
Uhh... if theres no hair on a spot on your scalp, whats the point of putting RU on it? I mean theres no hair there.
Or is your hairloss so advanced that you have lost all of your hair on some parts of your scalp, where you used to have hair before?
I would put RU everywhere where you have hairloss. But depending on how advanced your hairloss is, it would be too expensive. 50mg of RU is enough to cover your hairline and everything 2 inches behind that. If your hairloss reached your crown and you have to cover the entire top of your scalp, you would need too much RU to make it affordable. Unless you are rich, of course.

I can get 10g of RU (powder) for like 130$. If i use 50mg everyday (1ml in your bottle), its going to last me 200 days. If i use 100mg everyday, its going to last me 100 days. And thats already rather expensive for me

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uhh... if theres no hair on a spot on your scalp, whats the point of putting RU on it? I mean theres no hair there.
Or is your hairloss so advanced that you have lost all of your hair on some parts of your scalp, where you used to have hair before?
I would put RU everywhere where you have hairloss. But depending on how advanced your hairloss is, it would be too expensive. 50mg of RU is enough to cover your hairline and everything 2 inches behind that. If your hairloss reached your crown and you have to cover the entire top of your scalp, you would need too much RU to make it affordable. Unless you are rich, of course.

I can get 10g of RU (powder) for like 130$. If i use 50mg everyday (1ml in your bottle), its going to last me 200 days. If i use 100mg everyday, its going to last me 100 days. And thats already rather expensive for me
Basically my vertex is 50% gone and my temples are completely receeded (no hair whatsoever) but everything else is covered with thick hair on my scalp. Donor areas are completely intact as well.

So 1) would RU grow these areas back with full hair OR 2) should I only put RU where there's noticable thinning but still not a bald spot? I can't imagine how you can put RU on your entire scalp as in my case it's still covered by hair

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically my vertex is 50% gone and my temples are completely receeded (no hair whatsoever) but everything else is covered with thick hair on my scalp. Donor areas are completely intact as well.

So 1) would RU grow these areas back with full hair OR 2) should I only put RU where there's noticable thinning but still not a bald spot? I can't imagine how you can put RU on your entire scalp as in my case it's still covered by hair

RU is a anti-androgen. While anti-androgens sometimes grow hair, they are mainly there to protect your hair. I dont think RU is able to regrow your lost hair.
Can you please post a picture of your hair/head? It'll be easier for me to tell you where you have to apply RU if i see it.
In general, you should put RU everywhere you have hairloss, but as i said already that might be too expensive for some people if the area of male pattern baldness is too large.

Post a picture and ill help you

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU is a anti-androgen. While anti-androgens sometimes grow hair, they are mainly there to protect your hair. I dont think RU is able to regrow your lost hair.
Can you please post a picture of your hair/head? It'll be easier for me to tell you where you have to apply RU if i see it.
In general, you should put RU everywhere you have hairloss, but as i said already that might be too expensive for some people if the area of male pattern baldness is too large.

Post a picture and ill help you
These were taken 3 months ago. Ever since the recession of my temples has become complete and the vertex is a bit thinner, no other changes beside that

Attachments

• 0gfugou.jpg
    0gfugou.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 419
  • 7FRaWQ0.jpg
    7FRaWQ0.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 424
  • C1zwGkv.jpg
    C1zwGkv.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 417
  • GDUVh7O.jpg
    GDUVh7O.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 422

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These were taken 3 months ago. Ever since the recession of my temples has become complete and the vertex is a bit thinner, no other changes beside that
Your hairline looks pretty good. The only thing that looks thinning to me is your crown.
So just we are on the same wavelength: Widow peaks do not mean you have hairloss. Its completely normal to have bug bald temples. Your hairline looks very intact to me honestly, if i didnt see your crown in harsh lighting like that, i wouldnt even know you have hairloss.

If what you say is true, then i would simply use the RU on your hairline until you reach the first 1/3rd of your scalp. Thats probably your hairline and everything 2 inches behind it, like in the picture.
GDUVh7O.jpg

I still believe you are only thinning at your crown though

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline looks pretty good. The only thing that looks thinning to me is your crown.
So just we are on the same wavelength: Widow peaks do not mean you have hairloss. Its completely normal to have bug bald temples. Your hairline looks very intact to me honestly, if i didnt see your crown in harsh lighting like that, i wouldnt even know you have hairloss.

If what you say is true, then i would simply use the RU on your hairline until you reach the first 1/3rd of your scalp. Thats probably your hairline and everything 2 inches behind it, like in the picture.
View attachment 130934
I still believe you are only thinning at your crown though
thx but how do i apply ru if its covered with hair? only the scalp will absorb it so what if the hair is covering it

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thx but how do i apply ru if its covered with hair? only the scalp will absorb it so what if the hair is covering it
You just do. Its a alcohol solution, obviously the majority of it will go to your scalp. Just rub it in some when you do apply it.
What i do is that after i applied it, i let it dry some because obviously there will also be solution on my hair. So i let it dry and just spray alcohol on my hair again and then i just keep rubbing and spraying alcohol to get all of the solution out of my hair into the scalp.

All in all no worries though. I mean you've been applying minoxidil too, no? Same thing

ruffledfeathers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just do. Its a alcohol solution, obviously the majority of it will go to your scalp. Just rub it in some when you do apply it.
What i do is that after i applied it, i let it dry some because obviously there will also be solution on my hair. So i let it dry and just spray alcohol on my hair again and then i just keep rubbing and spraying alcohol to get all of the solution out of my hair into the scalp.

All in all no worries though. I mean you've been applying minoxidil too, no? Same thing
Moosey what was your experience on RU? How long did you use it? Did you use it standalone? Any sides?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moosey what was your experience on RU? How long did you use it? Did you use it standalone? Any sides?
I used it for 4 months when i was on steroids in hope it would halt the hairloss. I thought it did something but i dont think that was the case. 4 months was just too little time. Whatever, i was on steroids. Not elligible to give an opinion about RU.
I had the most insane brain fog i ever experienced for 2 weeks i think. It was so strong that i couldnt concentrate on anything. I just wanted to sleep all day. It went away and never came back. Apart from that, no sides.