RU58841 from Ontario Chem? with Certificate of Analysis

alex_NYC

Reaction score
Definitely reduced shedding over the past week since starting to use 150 mg of ru each day. it's also hard to describe, but my hair feels healthier and stronger, like the follicles are better rooted in the scalp.

i am a norwoord 1/2 with diffuse thinning on top, so even though i dont really need to move my hairline down, it would be nice to fill in the frontal hairline a bit. looking through posts, it seems like irish had the most dramatic hair growth from ru. so irish, i was wondering, how long after starting ru did it take to start seeing your frontal hairline fill in? and did you ever have a big shed while you were on ru, or did you just start to shed again after you ran out ru?

maybe el dutasteride could weigh in on this one too. have you ever had a shed while on ru, or can you expect ru to prevent shedding (and hopefully cause a little bit of regrowth) for as long as you are on it? do

thanks.

and monty, i'd definitely take the time if you can to make ru fresh before each use. i have been putting it into 4-5 ml of minoxidil and it dissolves fine and seems to be working.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alex, which ru have you been using ? I'm on FE ru,

Regards too results I would say 2 months, but I've been through sone bad shds while on ru and minix, so I dont no if its minoxidil or if its the ru t's probably the minoxidil also this past week I stopped using ru,next week I'm gonna start using ru and I'm gonna see what my differences in sheddinf are,

at this point I still don't know which is more effective fe or the company the starts with a the k ,

wish I could get more user feedback on both companies

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an order coming in from FE which should be here next week or so and I will track my progress if that helps.

alex_NYC

Reaction score
i have been using ru from the ontario chem company, and it sounds like that ru is actually from kouting. next time i ll order it directly from kouting and save 50 bucks or so.

that sucks that you've had sheds even while on ru. any other longtime users of ru out there who can talk about sheds/results that they've seen.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i thought the whole reason why you wanted to start RU was because Fluridil wasnt cutting the mustard for you?

Didnt you say that you were still shedding on fluridil?

How much RU are you using per day?
And how much scalp are you covering with it?

Also is your RU dissolving completely into a clear solution with no particles floating around?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Don't use water, use only 5% of DMI and 20-30% of PG, the rest is ethanol.

Don't freeze the RU, you can keep it in the fridge or even at room temperature for a few days.

Use 150mg a day.

Be patient, results will take a few weeks and shedding can be a sign that the drug is working to expel the thin hair in order to make room for the thicker ones to come.

If you want even better results add oral finasteride, EOD is fine.

Bukowski

Established Member
Reaction score
El_Dut...so you're not keeping your RU in the freezer but in the fridge?
Henry of Ontario Chemicals said to keep it in stored below 5 degrees. ( in the fridge, not the freezer ) Of course I have no real idea of how much Henry actually knows about RU.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Good old RU. Still yet to see any evidence whatsoever that this stuff is worth forking out $500 every 4/5 months for. I've never seen pictures of anyone who has had even the slightest success with it, only horror stories of shedding while waiting for some miracle that is seemingly never forthcoming.

Best of luck to those using it though, hope it finally comes good for you all. I wouldn't hold my breath though, RU is a massive flop.

Bukowski

Established Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
Good old RU. Still yet to see any evidence whatsoever that this stuff is worth forking out $500 every 4/5 months for. I've never seen pictures of anyone who has had even the slightest success with it, only horror stories of shedding while waiting for some miracle that is seemingly never forthcoming.

Best of luck to those using it though, hope it finally comes good for you all. I wouldn't hold my breath though, RU is a massive flop.

You could very well be right. I ordered 10grams myself because I have tried about everything else and I'm out of other options. I've done a lot of searching on google and found that one of the few who actually claim success with RU seems to be El_Duterino.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:

since when is maintaining all of your hair a flop? I am not losing my hair anymore and I don't have to take boner killing AA's like finasteride or dutasteride.

No flop here.....

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
el_duterino said:
Don't use water, use only 5% of DMI and 20-30% of PG, the rest is ethanol.

Don't freeze the RU, you can keep it in the fridge or even at room temperature for a few days.

Use 150mg a day.

Be patient, results will take a few weeks and shedding can be a sign that the drug is working to expel the thin hair in order to make room for the thicker ones to come.

If you want even better results add oral finasteride, EOD is fine.

I so hope you are right el dutasteride cos my hair is actually going fast now. I mean really fast. I am literally not far off of norwood 3 v now already and it is depressing the hell out of me. My bald spot is back and my hair quality in general is sh*t. I am actually a little concerned that I am having an adverse reaction as my hair has so quickly responded in such a negative way. If current situation is inversly proportional to how well it will eventually work for me then I am gonna be an awsome responder!

This is the second lowest point in my 8 years hair loss battling career. A close second to when I broke my back and suffered shock hair loss after surgery and also couldn't work and afford meds for 6 months after and I went direct to norwood 3v. I am nearly there again.

finasteride is not an option. 2 pills and I am castrated by the stuff. Duts I can just about handle 4 some god knows reason but I need to load on it to regrow any hair and it makes me clinically depressed so its this or fluridil and I can't afford any fluridil now cos I have spent my money on RU and all the gubbins.

Somebody break out a violin and crack open a hamlet for me!!!!!!

Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!! :sobbing:

Monty,
give it 3 months to at least stop your shedding to fluridil levels .....if the results arent there, go back on fluridil.

Or maybe try one those other topical AA's in the works at "Ktng" per Kane

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
lakota said:
Tyler_Durden said:

since when is maintaining all of your hair a flop? I am not losing my hair anymore and I don't have to take boner killing AA's like finasteride or dutasteride.

No flop here.....

One anecdotal report aka the exception, certainly not the rule it would seem.

Like I said, no evidence at all to justify the cost. El dutasteride is about the only one who really pushes RU and he is a NW2 in his 40s, chances are he'd be a NW2 in his 40s with or without RU.

I sympathise with Bukowski and Monty who are at their wit's end and desperate to try all avenues, but there is just nothing that's proven to me so far that RU is an avenue worth taking. The only person I can remember posting pictures of their hair on RU is IrishPride, and it was pretty obvious his results were born out of finally dropping finasteride (which was undoubtedly causing him Telogen Effluvium). Take out on stump tailed macaque study and El dutasteride's endorsement and all you are left with is disenchanted hair loss sufferers with lighter wallets.

Maxster - FE and KNG - 30 to 50 mgs - 1 month - increased shedding - some brain fog with FE - mix with 2ml everclear and aloe - no other treatment

ItzMeCorey - KNG - 4.5 months - increased shedding - no side effects

el_duterino - FE, switched to KNG - anywhere from 25 mg to 100 mg - 2 years - halted shedding - no side effects - mix with everclear that is it - no other treatment

Hairlicious - KNG - 150 mg - 2 weeks - no real effect yet - no side effects - mix with PG

JohnDavid45 - FE and KNG - 30 mg - 3 months - halted shedding - brain fog - only mixes with 3ml ethanol - 5% spironolactone EOD, Prox-N, Nizoral & other shampoos

daMan - FE - 100 mg - 2 months - no effect yet - no side effects - mix with 2ml of everclear - avodart, nizoral

Green Lantern - KNG - 100 mg - 3 months - increased shedding - no side effects - mix with 2ml of ethanol and .5 ml of PG - fluridil, minoxidil

Irishpride86 - FE and KNG - 150 mg - around 10 months (had periods of inactivity due to availability) - initial stop of shedding, now increase in shedding - brain fog - mix with pg and everclear - minoxidil

Jiggaman - FE - 50 mg - (don't know dosage) - 10 months - stopped shedding - no side effects - mix with aloe and everclear - finasteride, minoxidil foam

other known users on RU ( i will update as people give me more info) also please let me know if I am incorrect, or you are in fact NOT using RU.

jasonlv - 200mg RU (Kouting). 4ml total. 75% alcohol (192 proof), 10% dmi, 10% pg, 5% isopropyl myristate, maybe reduced shedding, nothing dramatic yet (only been on this mix for a week)

Cappy- FE RU 75mg daily, 10 days, no noticeable effect yet, no sides, mixed with 3 ml everclear, also on finasteride 1.25 and 3 ml minoxidil daily

Thyroids - Kouting ru, 50-70mg per day for over 1 month, increased scalp itching. 3.5mL everclear solution. No visible benefits.

Lighthouse - KNG - 90 mg - 3 months - no effect yet - no sides - 3ml everclear 0.6 ml pg

bora - KNG and FE - +/-150mg - 3 months- increased shedding + hair receding fast- no side effects - ethanol/PG/isopropyl myristrate - dutasteride

Ken - Massive shedding

Out of those guys, about 6 or so have already ceased using RU.
Not really a glowing endorsement is it? Miconazole users have reported back about 5 times the amount of positive stories (accompanied by pictures and frequent updates) in less than half the time of usage as those on RU. All for about 1/100th of the cost.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's working for you and I sincerely hope it starts to work for Monty and everybody else using it. For now, I remain extremely skeptical and I think anybody else considering using RU should be as well.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn, Monty. Sorry to hear about needing to have surgery. On your head too, I hope your alright. How big is the incision going to be? And where abouts on the scalp?

Also, if fluridil stops Monty's shedding almost immediately then RU should do the same as well. It just doesnt make sense that Fluridil stops his hair loss and RU doesnt. RU should be stronger.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
It ok dude. Been diagnosed with cranio synostosis. Having an operation to make me look more normal and release some pressure inside my head. Everyone is very confident i'll be ok or they wouldn't risk the surgery as so far this affliction has not killed me.

Scar will be from ear to ear accross the top of the head in a zig zag. Thanks the kind words.

Fluridil on initial application takes up to about 2 weeks to stop shedding and then it seems you can have a break for up to a few days maybe a week and use it again and it stops it on the same day some hours after application.

Problem is its expensive and you need to saturate your head in it, which if you are a norwood 7 candidate, which I am, means you need 2 ampules a day

good luck w/ the surgery Monty. Im w/ Blaze in that RU should have stopped the shed just as well as Fluridil. I am a big fluidil fan as it stopped my shedding in it's tracks, and is very easy to apply. I went to RU for an upgrade based on ElDut's experience.

I hope things turn around, but I do feel at the very least RU will keep your exisiting follicels active until you move back to Fluridil.

good luck dude...

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
lakota said:
[quote="Tyler_Durden":3rljac0z]Good old RU. Still yet to see any evidence whatsoever that this stuff is worth forking out $500 every 4/5 months for. I've never seen pictures of anyone who has had even the slightest success with it, only horror stories of shedding while waiting for some miracle that is seemingly never forthcoming.

No flop here.....

One anecdotal report aka the exception, certainly not the rule it would seem.

Like I said, no evidence at all to justify the cost. El dutasteride is about the only one who really pushes RU and he is a NW2 in his 40s, chances are he'd be a NW2 in his 40s with or without RU.

I sympathise with Bukowski and Monty who are at their wit's end and desperate to try all avenues, but there is just nothing that's proven to me so far that RU is an avenue worth taking. The only person I can remember posting pictures of their hair on RU is IrishPride, and it was pretty obvious his results were born out of finally dropping finasteride (which was undoubtedly causing him Telogen Effluvium). Take out on stump tailed macaque study and El dutasteride's endorsement and all you are left with is disenchanted hair loss sufferers with lighter wallets.

Maxster - FE and KNG - 30 to 50 mgs - 1 month - increased shedding - some brain fog with FE - mix with 2ml everclear and aloe - no other treatment

ItzMeCorey - KNG - 4.5 months - increased shedding - no side effects

el_duterino - FE, switched to KNG - anywhere from 25 mg to 100 mg - 2 years - halted shedding - no side effects - mix with everclear that is it - no other treatment

Hairlicious - KNG - 150 mg - 2 weeks - no real effect yet - no side effects - mix with PG

JohnDavid45 - FE and KNG - 30 mg - 3 months - halted shedding - brain fog - only mixes with 3ml ethanol - 5% spironolactone EOD, Prox-N, Nizoral & other shampoos

daMan - FE - 100 mg - 2 months - no effect yet - no side effects - mix with 2ml of everclear - avodart, nizoral

Green Lantern - KNG - 100 mg - 3 months - increased shedding - no side effects - mix with 2ml of ethanol and .5 ml of PG - fluridil, minoxidil

Irishpride86 - FE and KNG - 150 mg - around 10 months (had periods of inactivity due to availability) - initial stop of shedding, now increase in shedding - brain fog - mix with pg and everclear - minoxidil

Jiggaman - FE - 50 mg - (don't know dosage) - 10 months - stopped shedding - no side effects - mix with aloe and everclear - finasteride, minoxidil foam

other known users on RU ( i will update as people give me more info) also please let me know if I am incorrect, or you are in fact NOT using RU.

jasonlv - 200mg RU (********). 4ml total. 75% alcohol (192 proof), 10% dmi, 10% pg, 5% isopropyl myristate, maybe reduced shedding, nothing dramatic yet (only been on this mix for a week)

Cappy- FE RU 75mg daily, 10 days, no noticeable effect yet, no sides, mixed with 3 ml everclear, also on finasteride 1.25 and 3 ml minoxidil daily

Thyroids - ******** ru, 50-70mg per day for over 1 month, increased scalp itching. 3.5mL everclear solution. No visible benefits.

Lighthouse - KNG - 90 mg - 3 months - no effect yet - no sides - 3ml everclear 0.6 ml pg

bora - KNG and FE - +/-150mg - 3 months- increased shedding + hair receding fast- no side effects - ethanol/PG/isopropyl myristrate - dutasteride

Ken - Massive shedding

Out of those guys, about 6 or so have already ceased using RU.
Not really a glowing endorsement is it? Miconazole users have reported back about 5 times the amount of positive stories (accompanied by pictures and frequent updates) in less than half the time of usage as those on RU. All for about 1/100th of the cost.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's working for you and I sincerely hope it starts to work for Monty and everybody else using it. For now, I remain extremely skeptical and I think anybody else considering using RU should be as well.[/quote:3rljac0z]

so you are putting all your faith in some c*nt cream? Whatever....good luck w/ that

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Monty since your covering your entire NW7 area I think you should use 200mg of RU per day.

4ml total solution/200mg RU

No water either. Just stick with Ethanol, PG and DMI

2.5ml ethanol(that around 70%)
1ml PG(thats around 20%)
0.5ml DMI(thats around 10%)

That gives you a 5% solution which is what they used in the studies. Plus 4ml is the same amount of solution you get with2 fluridil ampules so that should be sufficient to cover your whole scalp.