Rogaine foam (update, I gave it a shot) Growing hair again!

Ramboner

Reaction score
I agree, the foam kicks ***, just tried it 5 minutes ago. The smell is awesome, feels nice. Kinda scary how fast it dries.
Thumbs up,

RAMBONER

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree foam is very easy to use but I am ending up using more than 50% of the cap for each application

jcinzano

Reaction score
if it dries faster and is less greesy how can it have improved absorbtion?

just because it has a stronger scent that lingers doesn't mean the actual active ingredient is absorbing better/longer, it just means it makes your hair more stinky

don't mean to sound skeptical, but it's hard not to see this as a way for the company to get people to not buy the generic and to have a formula that's used up faster, especially with no published study results

i mean, really, if it dries faster and is less irritating ... isn't that likely not as much is soaking in?

hairynewyork

Reaction score
jcinzano said:
if it dries faster and is less greesy how can it have improved absorbtion?

just because it has a stronger scent that lingers doesn't mean the actual active ingredient is absorbing better/longer, it just means it makes your hair more stinky

don't mean to sound skeptical, but it's hard not to see this as a way for the company to get people to not buy the generic and to have a formula that's used up faster, especially with no published study results

i mean, really, if it dries faster and is less irritating ... isn't that likely not as much is soaking in?

Just because something dries quickly, that doesn't neccesarily mean that the absorption is less, it all depends on the delivery system, and the delivery system of Rogaine foam is supposed to be more effective than the delivery system of the original Rogaine by a factor of 2.

I'd guess that the rogaine foam is more effective because it actually penetrates far better than the original Rogaine. Who needs a greasy head, when the minoxidil is supposed to go beneath the skin where it's needed, and not laying around on the top of your scalp for hours ? Spectral DNC also dries quickly, and their delivery system is also supposed to be far superior than what's found in the original Rogaine. Perhaps some studies will be coming out soon on the Rogaine foam.

I doubt that the Rogaine foam is a money making scheme, because it's not exactly a new idea, and they've been working on it for quite a while and there's various patents associated with it. If you think it's a scam then don't use it. As for me, I'll keep buying the rogaine foam (I also use spectral DNC) instead of regular minoxidil and I'll keep watching my hair grow.

:D

December 28, 2001 - Connectics Corporation, a publicly held biopharmaceutical company, is currently developing a new hair loss product based on Minoxidil, the active ingredient in Rogaine.
The new Minoxidil product is based on a proprietary foam delivery vehicle manufactured by Connectics that currently has two products on the market using this technology. The two innovative foam-based products on the market are for the treatment of scalp dermatoses: Luxíq, a mid-potency steroid, and OLUX, a super high-potency steroid.

According to Connectics their proprietary foam delivery system has significant treatment, cosmetic and functional advantages over conventional delivery systems. These advantages include improved efficacy due to higher absorption and more localized delivery of the active agent. The unique foam formulation liquefies when applied to the skin, and enables rapid penetration of the active dermatologic agent, thus enhancing efficacy.

Connectics is currently applying this foam technology to create a new Minoxidil foam for treating hair loss. This should offer superior results over the existing Minoxidil products which typically use a Propylene Glycol/ethanol/water vehicle. The more efficient the vehicle, the better the penetration of the drug through the skin and the better the results will be. It is unclear at this time exactly how much better the results will be.

jcinzano

Reaction score
huh, i hadn't see that release ... i mean, it's just a press release, but it does make the arugment there's new ingredients specifically to aid absorbtion. i'll probably give the foam a shot

Cassin

Reaction score
...... small update....

I broke the F-ING plastic dispenser 4 days into a new bottle. I was struggling getting the cap off and it split the dispenser in half when it finally came off. It's so difficult getting the foam out now. Probably going to just toss it. What a waste.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin I did the same with my first one, except while trying to put the cap back on! It really annoyed me lol, my idea is to use the lid of another bottle after I've finished another one on that one, hopefully that's possible, although I tried taking the lid off and it was pretty impossible...

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Guys, sandpaper or file down those three little "nubs" on the inside of the cap. Maybe keep that cap for future bottles also.

djthomas85

Reaction score
hey guys, ive been using rogaine foam for 3 weeks and although ive not seen any progression, i really do love the stuff.
i love to style my hair everyday, and the foam makes it easier for me to style.
but im still having bloody problems with the foam turning into liquid after about a week. its got me thinking whether mine is genuiwine, but i cant see how it cant be! its a name brand
the 4month rogaine supply.

anyway thats enough from me!

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate I got mine from there too. Mine hasn't turned into liquid, but then I don't use that much per application. Quite a lot of people have complained about this kinda thing though, you sure you don't just apply way too much and you ran out?
Why do you say tricomin's very good btw? I use it too, not sure what it's done!

djthomas85

Reaction score
i know this aint the right forum for this but basically cos i noticed thinning about 8 months ago, so basically early stages.
tried everything!
procerin, ac spray, emu oil, revisogen and ac shampoos n conditioners - loadsa stuff, and basically bought tricomin next!
used it for 7 weeks and then i stopped using it cos i just cant afford it, cos i opted for rogaine and finpecia instead as i kinda know they will work, but as soon as my tricomin ran out i had 2 wait like 3 weeks for my rogaine and finasteride to arrive, but since then my hair seems to have got a lil thinner again!

as soon as my next student loan comes through i will buy it again! :)

Martaveli

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. I finally am starting a regimin and bought a bottle of Rogaine foam off of ebay for 9.99 plus shipping. I'm really looking forward to being involved in this community and sharing my battle with others who go through the same trouble as I do. Let's go get 'em.

Cassin

Reaction score
Martaveli said:
Long time lurker, first time poster. I finally am starting a regimin and bought a bottle of Rogaine foam off of ebay for 9.99 plus shipping. I'm really looking forward to being involved in this community and sharing my battle with others who go through the same trouble as I do. Let's go get 'em.

Welcome to the forum Martaveli!

Make sure you go to tell your story and tell everyone about your situation. It can be very therapeutic letting it all out.

articulix

Reaction score
I am 21 and currently losing hair at the rear of my head, mostly thinning.. thinking of using this product as I think that advance hair etc are just a waste of money and are con artists am i correct?

pzito

Reaction score
Toppik and Rogaine Foam

Whats up guys?
I was wondering if any of you use the Rogaine Foam with Toppik?
I've been applying the foam and letting it dry for about 15 minutes then putting Toppik on.....Do you think this will affect my results any?

tt1103

Reaction score
Re: Toppik and Rogaine Foam

pzito said:
Whats up guys?
I was wondering if any of you use the Rogaine Foam with Toppik?
I've been applying the foam and letting it dry for about 15 minutes then putting Toppik on.....Do you think this will affect my results any?

I do the same thing in the morning, becuase im a cubicle monkey i have to comb my hair and stopped using the liquid minoxidil becuase it didnt dry easily. I find that when i use the foam first and let it dry or dry it with a light blow drying then do my hair normally and add topik at the end that it actually helps make the topik stick on top better and look fuller and more natural. When i dont use it and just apply topik it just makes me look like I have a dusty head. I also use hair spray after applying topik to keep it in place. not a heavy coat just a good misting. In answer to your question I havent noticed any negative results.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
got to love the foam.. to bad i got 11 botles off kirkland minoxidil lol.
well il use the foam at days and the kirkland at night i gues. :D