Rogaine foam (update, I gave it a shot) Growing hair again!

Cassin

Reaction score
Primex said:
Cassin said:
Really curious to see if this totally eliminates my irritation from Minoxidil, Dr Lees product #500 helped tremendously, but this may take care of the rest.
Hey dude, great overview. I have an awful irritation from minoxidil myself, but is this foam suppose to be better and not have the same stuff in it that makes your head have that irritation? I have like 9 months supply of the regular minoxidil but I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon here and trying this stuff too.

The foam does not have the high PPG junk that sits on your scalp for hours which more than likely is causing your problem.

Irritation is not worth saving the money from buying 9 months worth (eBay!). Progress is probably stunted by irritation. Think on that!

I was reading your myspace page (I still don't get myspace), where is The Punisher man? :)

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I bought it today. I'll give it a shot over the weekend and see how it goes. I saw a big shelf at the end of the aisle on display advertising these. If this works as good as it seems, then I'll make a total conversion in the next week and just keep the liquid on standby.

Cassin- I've had Punisher and a whole bunch of other Marvel characters on my page at one point or another. Right now I'm going through a Transformers phase. I think next month will be my He-Man phase. :lol:

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
How long do you need to leave the product (foam) in your scalp before washing it?

Rogaine Foam site says nothing about this.

Original Rogaine needs 4 hours in your scalp before washing it.

Cassin

Reaction score
Primex said:
Cassin- I've had Punisher and a whole bunch of other Marvel characters on my page at one point or another. Right now I'm going through a Transformers phase. I think next month will be my He-Man phase. :lol:

Do you have the new The Polyphonic Spree? I couldn't believe it when I heard that on your site. You the only other person I "know" that listens to them, and a lot of them they are. They put my GF to sleep but I love them :lol:

And they sound just as good live.

I_Hate_DHT said:
How long do you need to leave the product (foam) in your scalp before washing it?

Rogaine Foam site says nothing about this.

Original Rogaine needs 4 hours in your scalp before washing it.

Well, Dr Lee states his can be washed off after 1 hour and if I remember right, it is becuase of the drying time. And since this is quicker to dry, I am assuming an hour is fine with this to.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Cassin,

Was it too hard for you to apply it? I mean I keep reading this stuff dries so fast. Did you try it on areas were you have hair?.. and do you think the stuff can actually be exposed to the scalp before it dries on nearby hairs when applying (especially on areas with hair)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I took the plunge and bought the foam. All I can say is holy freakin shiat.. I can't believe they waited until now to come out with this product but man am I glad its here. It is not even in the same boat as regular minoxidil! I actually spent the past 3 or years applying that greasy kirklands minoxidil on my scalp every day.

Anyways, the foam dries super fast, leaves your hair light and manageable and actually adds fullness to your hair. No more greasy mess unlike with the liquid where you had to keep out of human contact for hours after applying. Like cassin, I hate to 'knee jerk' after using this stuff once but its almost too good to be true. I have never used dr. lee's fast drying minoxidil so I can't make a comparison.

Oh well, I think this stuff is going to phase out the regular minoxidil eventually, IMO. After using liquid minoxidil for the past 3 years, having to apply it daily is almost not worth having hair!

Cassin

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
Hey Cassin,

Was it too hard for you to apply it? I mean I keep reading this stuff dries so fast. Did you try it on areas were you have hair?.. and do you think the stuff can actually be exposed to the scalp before it dries on nearby hairs when applying (especially on areas with hair)

It's a little tricky, but I have only used it twice now. I am finishing up a bottle of Dr Lees stuff before I make the full time switch. I have been spraying it into the cap and useing a finger to dig it out. I just dig into my scalp past the hairs and rub it in. You got about 30 seconds to get it onto the scalp which is more than enough time I think.

I think everyone has a hard time using the regular stuff at first to. That dropper gave me trouble at first. I had that junk running down my face for a week before I had it figured out.

ShedMaster said:
.........I can't believe they waited until now to come out with this product but man am I glad its here........Oh well, I think this stuff is going to phase out the regular minoxidil eventually, IMO. After using liquid minoxidil for the past 3 years, having to apply it daily is almost not worth having hair!

Yeah what took them so long?

About phasing out standard minoxidil, I agree. One thing I have always been concerned about is something happening to Dr Lees business and having to resort to standard Minoxidil which is simply not worth it. Having goo on your head for 3 to 5 hours is simply not an option.

I was at a local grocery store today and saw the foam for $62. That is a problem. Not sure why in store is always such a huge gigantic price difference vs online. I am not embarrassed to buy in store, but I am guessing I never will until stores quit trying to gouge an extra 40% out of us for hair loss products.

Here is the interesting question, will there be a generic form soon where we save even more money?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One of the best and funniest live shows I´ve ever been was the polyphonic spree. Those guys are hilarious and talented. Sure.

They are too good for people to listen.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Cassin said:
One thing I have always been concerned about is something happening to Dr Lees business and having to resort to standard Minoxidil which is simply not worth it. Having goo on your head for 3 to 5 hours is simply not an option.

I think we'll look back and laugh at the crap we used to do in years from now and 'hopefully' more advanced stuff will be available. I think this is a big step but you really have had to have been applying regular greasy liquid minoxidil to your hair for extended periods of time (a year or more), every day, twice a day to really appreciate it.

Cassin

Reaction score
Solo said:
They are too good for people to listen.

You mean people should always make an attempt to see them live?

ShedMaster said:
I think we'll look back and laugh at the crap we used to do in years from now and 'hopefully' more advanced stuff will be available. I think this is a big step but you really have had to have been applying regular greasy liquid minoxidil to your hair for extended periods of time (a year or more), every day, twice a day to really appreciate it.

I hope so. But at least we haven't put urine and fungus on our hair like some sites have you do.

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought this stuff, on the package it says it's only for application on the vertex. Is this because that's where it was tested, and can't say otherwise?

I guess I'm asking, is it beneficial to put everywhere I'm thinning?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm guessing you guys are talking about the 3 month supply going for 60 something $ because I saw the one month supply of Rogain Foam in Walmart for 22$

Where do you buy it on the internet for cheaper?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fallout boy.
dont know about the internet.
sams club/costco sells 4 month supply for 50$

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aplunk you mean 35% for 4 months or two or one month?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Sorry,

I mean to say I got a 3-Month for $35.

4-Month for $50 is an excellent deal too.

If anybody needs a buyer recommendation, PM me.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
It sounds good according to all your reviews..

But the question is: "Does the FOAM Rogaine work?" Maybe we will know the answer in a few months to 1 year.

And I think the Original Rogaine it's easier to reach our scalp when we have 2 inches long hair. I don't imagine applying Foam and reaching directly my scalp with 2 inches long hair, but I could be wrong.